Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

I do appologies for the newbie question but after spending the last 90 minutes working through my first shipment to FBA I have come to the last stage to find that I dont have sticky labels big enough for the packaging box shipment label. I was wondering if you print them on to A4 and tape them securely on the box whilst not taping over the scanned bar codes is that acceptable or will they refuse the box because the label is taped on? ahhh I thought I was doing so well too lol

14 minutes ago, Robb said:

I commingled some stuff on my last shipment and Amazon gave me a thank you credit. It was weird. But, I still don't think I'll do it again.

We commingled alot of cheaper toys last christmas and got a nice credit too. They were very low risk toys where you can clearly see the item in the box. Lego you cannot see inside so who knows what is being sent in by other sellers. Not worth the risk at all. Probably won't bother commingling the cheaper toys in 2017 either as we now use the stickering as a check in our workflow so it will be more effort to not sticker now.

When I added product the other day I found that the seller listings didn't even include the correct item listing at all, and like Asharerin mentioned, I had to search the buyer side for the correct listing and copy the ASIN. This was not a one-off, but for (almost) all of my sets.

I also noticed that once I had set something to commingled as I changed from FBM to FBA, that status became locked and even completely deleting the product and listing, and then waiting 24hrs did not help.

1 hour ago, brickbuilder77 said:

... I dont have sticky labels.. for the packaging box ... print them on to A4 and tape them .. whilst not taping over the scanned bar codes is that acceptable or will they refuse t...

Here in USA? I don't have sticky labels. I have always printed on common copy paper, and taped them on - no problems.

• Like 1

Just sent in a second shipment of Bionicle Lewa, they were received and processed but now it shows two listings for me and each is showing 8 reserved...I sent a total of 8. Will one listing go away after it's been reconciled? I haven't seen this before and I'm concerned they may sell 16 Lewa when I only sent 8 to them. Thanks for any insight/advice. 

Edited by benjaminmsmith1

3 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I stopped commingling anything period.  Commingling was the worse decision that I've ever made  selling on Amazon .  From receiving issues to wrong product to damaged junk , it was a nightmare . 

I have never had an issue with commingled inventory. Once and a while maybe a return was caused by it, but I am doubtful. For context this includes 12x R2D2, 13x Ewok Villages, 36x AT-AT among many many others.

What situations have you incurred that caused this level of hate? @Bold-Arrow @asharerin

I would call it stress ... lots of issues with inventory being received. I get my share of a unit or two lost here or an extra one or two added there but I'm talking double digits of units in term discrepancies and Amazon would insist their count is correct . Also I would get complaints about the packaging which I know for a fact isn't mine ( someone would say their item was loose in a zip lock bag when I don't use those for said item ). Schmucks sending the wrong item in and hoping to get away with it ( u can still sticker and be cominggled ).. all in all it was more stress than I needed . 

1 minute ago, gregpj said:

But the article says "Sellers will be made whole."

They've got this covered. :P

As soon as they are done investigating 1000s hacked sellers in queue before you :D:D:D

Margina Dennis, who rarely uses her seller account, discovered she had been hacked late last month when she started to receive notifications to ship Nintendo Switch videogame systems. She notified Amazon immediately that she hadn't listed the device, but Amazon still tried to charge her for unreceived items, she said. 

"This has been a nightmare," said the makeup artist, who said Sunday afternoon she was still waiting for resolution. 

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I posted his last week but someone tried to gain access to my account . So glad I signed up for the two step verification system prior to that .. highly recommend everyone does that , takes a min saves you hours if not months of headache . 

I'm curious...is the password that you use for your Amazon account one that you use for other accounts or is it unique?  I've got two-step authentication in place, but haven't received any queries from someone trying to access my account.  The password that I use for Amazon is not one that I use or have used anywhere else so it could not have been compromised through another breach where my information was obtained.

Health and personal care is NO longer a gated category on Amazon. The catch? Lots of brands and sub-categories are now gated. Still you may be able to find a few new profitable and replenishable ASINS so be sure to check it out. Likewise if you had a profitable ASIN under health and personal care that is now open to everyone before ordering another large amount of inventory to send in you may wish to wait and see if alot of other sellers jump in and tank the price to unprofitable levels.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but it does seem relevant here. I received an email from yoyo.com today. Their closing up their family of websites and moving to Amazon. Another 3rd party seller to compete with, will they continue to sell Lego?

The yoyo move is simply an integration effort. When amazon bought quidsi, they basically operated it as a completely separate company. They're now integrating the two to gain efficiencies. Remains to be seen whether they'll operate the websites separately.

38 minutes ago, donbee said:

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but it does seem relevant here. I received an email from yoyo.com today. Their closing up their family of websites and moving to Amazon. Another 3rd party seller to compete with, will they continue to sell Lego?

I believe Amazon has been redirecting all of quidsi's inventory to amazon for some time. They purchased the business to suck it dry of all their wholesale contacts and brands. I don't believe yoyo, soap, wag, diapers etc will be selling on Amazon rather Amazon will be selling all of the brands and items quidsi had access to (which it was already doing for Lego anyway). Lots of brands refuse to do business with Amazon so Amazon just buys companies that already have relationships with those brands and muscle their way in.

• Like 1