Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Hey there,

Where do I find how a new FBA seller can get started?  I was through the steps and it seems I need to 'request approval' and supply some documentation about having purchased direct from manufacturer, which I don't got.  Is there something on the site that can help me understand that?  I feel like I've also maybe read that new sellers can't sell LEGO on Amazon.

Would just love some help either closing the book on this as an option, or a direction to some help.

Thanks y'all!

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

What kind of preparation is required for items that have "walmart.com"/"target.comon the outer box. Do I need to remove all of the items from the boxes and re-package them? How would one do that with the bundle Lego bundle sets on walmart?

As long as there are no barcodes/old shipping label  on the outer boxes u can reuse if that is the question . 

5 minutes ago, Trains 'n boats said:

Hey there,

Where do I find how a new FBA seller can get started?  I was through the steps and it seems I need to 'request approval' and supply some documentation about having purchased direct from manufacturer, which I don't got.  Is there something on the site that can help me understand that?  I feel like I've also maybe read that new sellers can't sell LEGO on Amazon.

Would just love some help either closing the book on this as an option, or a direction to some help.

Thanks y'all!

For now there is no viable option to obtain approval to sell Lego on Amazon 

47 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

As long as there are no barcodes/old shipping label  on the outer boxes u can reuse if that is the question . 

For now there is no viable option to obtain approval to sell Lego on Amazon 

Say I have a globe which is packaged in a small box (not a shipping box) that says "only at walmart.com" are you required to package it in a different box? I feel like its not smart to advertise to buyers where the item is coming from. Does it matter though?

Just now, landphieran said:

Say I have a globe which is packaged in a small box (not a shipping box) that says "only at walmart.com" are you required to package it in a different box? I feel like its not smart to advertise to buyers where the item is coming from. Does it matter though?

i never had an issue selling those as is.for some collectible items those stickers.boxes are actually desired. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

i never had an issue selling those as is.for some collectible items those stickers.boxes are actually desired. 

no doubt.  buying walmart exclusives to sell to  amazon prime members who pay the premium to avoid the smell of dirty camping trip sleeping bags haunting every walmart store entrance  is a third of my business model :P 

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

only if it is still available and they can buy and return it to you later.

Edited by cladner

3 hours ago, landphieran said:

What kind of preparation is required for items that have "walmart.com"/"target.comon the outer box. Do I need to remove all of the items from the boxes and re-package them? How would one do that with the bundle Lego bundle sets on walmart?

Extreme example, case in point:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-2012-Exclusive/dp/B0090JOKTO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501987565&sr=8-2&keywords=star+wars+kmart+exclusive

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Catapult-Exclusive-Collection/dp/B00FQSAVWI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1501987618&sr=8-6&keywords=star+wars+kmart+exclusive

Hi FBA sellers, what boxes do you guys use to ship a bunch of lego's to Amazon FBA? I have these at home, but was wondering if it was too big and the delivery people might throw it around and damage the legos inside.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Home-Depot-22-in-L-x-21-in-W-x-22-in-D-Extra-Large-Box-1001015/202518472

http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Home-Depot-18-in-L-x-18-in-W-x-24-in-D-Large-Box-1001006/202029359

Do you guys use heavy duty boxes instead like this one or just regular boxes?

Do you guys ship with peanuts, bubbles or just stuff them all in the box without cushioned?

3 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Hi FBA sellers, what boxes do you guys use to ship a bunch of lego's to Amazon FBA? I have these at home, but was wondering if it was too big and the delivery people might throw it around and damage the legos inside.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Home-Depot-22-in-L-x-21-in-W-x-22-in-D-Extra-Large-Box-1001015/202518472

http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Home-Depot-18-in-L-x-18-in-W-x-24-in-D-Large-Box-1001006/202029359

Do you guys use heavy duty boxes instead like this one or just regular boxes?

Do you guys ship with peanuts, bubbles or just stuff them all in the box without cushioned?

I use those, they are sturdy and within policy . U can't exceed 25 . 

@Lego_Monsters I would read up on the Amazon packaging requirements. You aren't supposed to use packaging peanuts, there are various weight and length restrictions based on the size of items you are sending. If its oversized (one dimension is over 24") you can send larger boxes. They flag shipments if there are dependencies etc. Best to know it to avoid any issues in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200243250

You use the regular one's or the heavy duty ones?

I only use heavy duty boxes these days. They're better because the double wall provides enough protection that you don't need to put packing material around the sets...the box itself provides all the protection that you need 99.9% of the time. That lets you pack more into each box.
  • Like 1

i've had an inbound FBA shipment that tracking showed was delivered on August 1.  Amazon shows its been delivered but its just been sitting in DELIVERED status now for the last week.  i've shipped maybe 30 similar sized boxes and these always were processed within 3 days of being delivered.  the shipment is to Redlands CA warehouse which I had never shipped to before so I am wondering if this is just very busy place.  have a feeling the answer is this is just one of those things and get used to it.

23 minutes ago, cladner said:

i've had an inbound FBA shipment that tracking showed was delivered on August 1.  Amazon shows its been delivered but its just been sitting in DELIVERED status now for the last week.  i've shipped maybe 30 similar sized boxes and these always were processed within 3 days of being delivered.  the shipment is to Redlands CA warehouse which I had never shipped to before so I am wondering if this is just very busy place.  have a feeling the answer is this is just one of those things and get used to it.

After a couple weeks, I've opened a case and things moved along a little faster.  I also have several items that were lost after they received or not marked received after my last shipment.  They keep moving back the reconciliation date too.  Joy Joy!

One of my recent shipments arrived at a Baltimore fc on July 20th and got checked in and received (with an incorrect count) two weeks later.  That shipment's reconciliation date got pushed back a week as well.

Edited by jaxman