Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

On 11/2/2017 at 8:54 PM, newbie77 said:

How so?

some here have posted that as single part-time they are already making over 6digit profit before the holiday season. Which bring to point that for 6 digit profit minimum turn over at 20% profit will put the gross at over $500,000. With FBA that's minimum of $50k inventory at Amazon provided one is very very efficient.

being consultant pays heavy and less physical work. No running around :) or manage stupid $2 and there is limit to what/how much you can turn over @amazon. With consulting its purely infinite :)

Once someone makes the jump from seller to consultant, they have a vested interest in making themselves sound like the greatest seller that ever lived or, in other words, someone who was making millions and millions of dollars from selling.  Being a consultant may be easier than being a seller, but that ease means there is a lot more competition and the profit potential is more limited.  I'm cynical though...I have dealt with a lot of consultants who pitch themselves as experts in a field, but have trouble answering questions on the spot that they should easily know the answer to if they are the expert that they claim to be.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

From my experience, consultants generally suck and aren’t worth what you pay them.

while this is TRUE. they are hired and paid :) so there is enough demand for them.

on another note [ there should be drastic reduction in INR claims going forward]:

amazon has started taking pictures of deliveries. so all TBA tracking numbers when used and delivered will have pictures with amazon order. 

usps has also started scanning and keeping records of all deliveries. if you create online account/informeddelivery on usps.com then you should be able to see what was delivered and what will be delivered in coming days [as it reaches your local post office ]. this includes not only packages but also mail-pieces without tracking number. so basically all FIRST CLASS letters are also scanned :)

i am pretty sure UPS and FEDEX will be starting to do the same pretty soon.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newbie77 said:

on another note [ there should be drastic reduction in INR claims going forward]:

amazon has started taking pictures of deliveries. so all TBA tracking numbers when used and delivered will have pictures with amazon order. 

usps has also started scanning and keeping records of all deliveries. if you create online account/informeddelivery on usps.com then you should be able to see what was delivered and what will be delivered in coming days [as it reaches your local post office ]. this includes not only packages but also mail-pieces without tracking number. so basically all FIRST CLASS letters are also scanned :)

i am pretty sure UPS and FEDEX will be starting to do the same pretty soon.

Will this stop the drivers from scanning "delivered" for all the packages on the truck at one go?

One the receiving end of TBA, I've had a string of packages lately listed as 'delivered', but no where to be seen.  They usually show up 5-10 days later, tho.  I figure the driver is just trying to be efficient, and scans a group of boxes before they actually reach the intended address---but then my box never makes it off the truck.  I've thought that having GPS tied into the delivery scan would help solve this.  Not sure taking pictures will, as I expect that would be done at last point before the box is loaded onto the truck.

3 hours ago, redcell said:

Once someone makes the jump from seller to consultant, they have a vested interest in making themselves sound like the greatest seller that ever lived or, in other words, someone who was making millions and millions of dollars from selling.  Being a consultant may be easier than being a seller, but that ease means there is a lot more competition and the profit potential is more limited.  I'm cynical though...I have dealt with a lot of consultants who pitch themselves as experts in a field, but have trouble answering questions on the spot that they should easily know the answer to if they are the expert that they claim to be.

Ryan (the bloke in the story) has been around forever and is a stand up guy. I recommend his blog onlinesellingexperiment.com to many. Even though he stopped documenting his journey in detail a few years ago his early stuff is still gold. There are many questionable consultants making insane amounts of money pitching Amazon courses but Ryan is the real deal.

From my experience, consultants generally suck and aren’t worth what you pay them.

Consultants are the bane of my existence in my day job. It is always amazing to me when very smart people get totally snowed by consultants into thinking we need to spend millions and millions of dollars for their "expertise." And that is before I even get to their inane corporate double speak and seemingly endless ability to produce PowerPoint slide decks that say absolutely nothing. I'll stop venting now.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, redcell said:

Consultants are the bane of my existence in my day job. It is always amazing to me when very smart people get totally snowed by consultants into thinking we need to spend millions and millions of dollars for their "expertise." And that is before I even get to their inane corporate double speak and seemingly endless ability to produce PowerPoint slide decks that say absolutely nothing. I'll stop venting now.

There was a Showtime show called House of Lies (Don Cheadle as the main consultant) which detailed exactly the above :D:D:D

On 11/2/2017 at 3:58 PM, Phil B said:

No he did not. At the end of the article is stated that he now earns is money from teaching others how to do what he did. So this article is totally made to increase his profits. The richest people during a gold rush are those who sell tools.....

Reminds me of those hand-written signs I see in my area: "REAL ESTATE INVESTOR SEEKS TRAINEE - $100k/YR"

On 10/27/2017 at 6:27 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

anyone knows how this works ? why is amazon offering the discount and not the 3P seller ?

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 7.26.05 PM.png

Nothing really new here, but another top-trending article off of CNBC / Reuters:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/05/amazon-discounts-third-party-sellers-products-as-retail-competition-stiffens.html

Amazon.com is cutting prices of products from third-party sellers on its website, moving beyond its more typical method of discounts on items it sells directly.

The "discount provided by Amazon" applies to products including board games and technological gadgets offered by other merchants as the holiday season approaches. The retailer has been trying to compete aggressively on some items to win sales and draw customers away from low-priced rivals like Wal-Mart Stores.

The move allows Amazon to sell the products at lower prices while still giving full price to the sellers.

"When Amazon provides a discount, customers get the products they want at a price they'll love, and small businesses receive increased sales at their listed asking price," an Amazon spokeswoman said in an emailed statement, noting that businesses can opt out at any time.

Marketing the items at lower prices, however, risks angering Amazon's third-party sellers, who instead could list their products elsewhere online. The move has drawn attention within Amazon Services' seller forum.

Some merchants have criticized Amazon in the past for discounting and, they say, devaluing their products.

• Thanks 1

There was a Showtime show called House of Lies (Don Cheadle as the main consultant) which detailed exactly the above

Thanks for pointing that out...I had never paid attention to House of Lies before, but just watched the first episode past night...it's spot on for what I see on a routine basis at my day job.

38 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

so whats with Planet and being a FBA Top Dog. first toy planet and recently planet fun toys. next stop BA's Planet. 

end of rant 

It is an alias for TLG post retirement production sector. Looking to snag some of those post retirement gains and keep the Lego cost low.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Lego os a gated brand at Amazon for both FBM and FBA

Well this seems much harder than I realized then. So how did the current sellers of Lego on Amazon get around the CPC issue, or did they actually obtain authorized reseller status with Lego?