Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebay-launches-authentication-for-trading-cards-301467143.html

I don't sell many cards over the range they are proposing right now, but some of them are in the lesser range that has been proposed to take effect in a few years. 

Honestly, with posts like these: 

How can one really know what the 3rd party will do upon receipt OR whether they have the legitimacy surrounding their inspection processes.

21 hours ago, FM said:

How much anger must this guy have to take the time to write to me to complain about the price to ship a heavy item 2500 miles? Purely coincidentally the username looks like someone named Biden misspelled his own name.de4164c79832c2de5489d1db40e3135c.jpg

My reply "Shipping is expensive because I just live a far away from stupid people"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

She took me up on it… 

You win some, you lose some. Hello, newly blocked buyer.

Ridiculous. Might be worth seeing if you can recoup a little from UPS/USPS/Fedex with a claim for the damage (if insurance is included).
I tried it once with USPS and was successful, although it arrived in slightly worse condition than a crease or two. 😂
96472687_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.1351031fb6f45a6852453a74349d8dd5.jpg

This is amazon not eBay but hey misery loves company. Sold a phantom and buyer returned as not as described, fine whatever. Got the set back, looks great on the outside, seals were in perfect condition  but the rattling was suspicious so I opened it. Wanker has somehow glued it shut and reapplied the seals perfectly 

A2594307-5157-4C4E-B06E-C107C4F46A3B.jpeg

F367415F-236D-4CF5-95D4-987796022A40.jpeg

93DD406E-5D54-423C-9814-01D865710885.jpeg

• Sad 5

On 1/26/2022 at 2:40 PM, MarleyMoose said:

My EBay listings always state "Boxes are considered NOT mint. May have some shelf wear that can include scratches, creases, dings, dents, stressed seals, cuts,  ect...." Not that would matter to some select buyers.

No box included is the way to go.  If I’m in a good mood I’ll send the box “extra”. Of course someone still messaged me asking why isn’t there a box 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

This is amazon not eBay but hey misery loves company. Sold a phantom and buyer returned as not as described, fine whatever. Got the set back, looks great on the outside, seals were in perfect condition  but the rattling was suspicious so I opened it. Wanker has somehow glued it shut and reapplied the seals perfectly 

A2594307-5157-4C4E-B06E-C107C4F46A3B.jpeg

F367415F-236D-4CF5-95D4-987796022A40.jpeg

93DD406E-5D54-423C-9814-01D865710885.jpeg

Ouch, Thrawn alone is worth around £70. Not sure how you can handle this with Amazon's policies being what they are.

6 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

No box included is the way to go.  If I’m in a good mood I’ll send the box “extra”. Of course someone still messaged me asking why isn’t there a box 🤦🏽‍♂️

I had this happen once. To be fair to the customer, she double checked the auction, realised her mistake, paid me the postage cost to send the box and left positive feedback.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

- The "it is not you its us" error page appears more often than before. 

- I have to reload the create listing page a few times otherwise parts of the page are missing or not loaded correctly.

Oh ok, yeah I've noticed that too. Annoying, but it just requires persistence, in my experience. SO FAR!

Giving Reseller Scum a bad name:

Welcome to ****! I am an avid AFOL after my Dark Ages. I discovered the secondary market for these amazing bricks! I've been selling for 3 years with VERY good results! I am not the lowest price on eBay. You can surely find them for less somewhere else. However, I recommend buying from **** because I am committed to customer service! If you want a LEGO set without having to go find one in the retail marketplace, I can help! 

The new 2022 sets are COMING SOON!! PRE-ORDER yours here to save time and money! 

RELEASES MARCH 1st

PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION: IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER BEFORE IT SHIPS, IT WILL BE A 50% PARTIAL REFUND. 

ONCE THE ITEM SHIPS IT IS YOURS. THERE ARE NO RETURNS. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING. PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHIPPING TIME FRAME. PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHIPPING METHOD. MOST ITEMS SHIP IN KRAFT PAPER. IF YOU WANT IT SHIPPED IN A CARDBOARD BOX, REQUEST ADDITIONAL SHIPPING. ADDITIONAL SHIPPING IS AT YOUR EXPENSE.

The FREE SHIPPING option equals KRAFT-PAPER wrap around original box. If you want the original box shipped inside of another cardboard box select ADDITIONAL SHIPPING.

I am having good results thus far! I recently achieved a higher seller status and now have opened an eBay Store!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Welcome to ****! I am an avid AFOL after my Dark Ages. I discovered the secondary market for these amazing bricks! I've been selling for 3 years with VERY good results! I am not the lowest price on eBay. You can surely find them for less somewhere else. However, I recommend buying from **** because I am committed to customer service! If you want a LEGO set without having to go find one in the retail marketplace, I can help! 

The new 2022 sets are COMING SOON!! PRE-ORDER yours here to save time and money! 

RELEASES MARCH 1st

PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION: IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER BEFORE IT SHIPS, IT WILL BE A 50% PARTIAL REFUND. 

ONCE THE ITEM SHIPS IT IS YOURS. THERE ARE NO RETURNS. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING. PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHIPPING TIME FRAME. PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHIPPING METHOD. MOST ITEMS SHIP IN KRAFT PAPER. IF YOU WANT IT SHIPPED IN A CARDBOARD BOX, REQUEST ADDITIONAL SHIPPING. ADDITIONAL SHIPPING IS AT YOUR EXPENSE.

The FREE SHIPPING option equals KRAFT-PAPER wrap around original box. If you want the original box shipped inside of another cardboard box select ADDITIONAL SHIPPING.

I am having good results thus far! I recently achieved a higher seller status and now have opened an eBay Store!

Sounds like a troll and/or a Vorys letter candidate

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

RELEASES MARCH 1st

Lol. I actually saw that guy over a year ago 

50% cancellation fee lol

no refunds and no returns…like he has any saying in this 

can’t believe he still continues with those methods

• Haha 1

I listed my old Steam Controller and Steam Link the other day and got a decent offer which I accepted, then the guy messages me today (before I'd bought the shipping luckily) and asked if we could cancel so he can change payment methods, he'd messaged directly with ebay and they couldn't help him. No problem, I thought, I'll just relist it at the price we negotiated and he'll rebuy it so fast that it'll be fine. LOL, no. Someone else managed to buy it in that two minutes it was listed. I explained the situation to the interloper and he agreed I could cancel it, so now I listed it stupid expensive and we'll just do a best offer. What a pain.

6 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Yeah, seems like something is wrong with the new thread then. Clicking on the link says that I don't have permissions to view it. Or maybe it is working and I'm just not invited haha

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I think you need to join that club before you can see the post based on how it is setup 

• Like 1

Everyone bend over and let eBay stick you with fee increases, starting March 1st, 2022

That's right folks.  eBay's CEO needed his Q1 2022 bonus so bad, he had to force it out of the sellers.   He was even gracious enough to give us sellers less than 3 weeks heads up.   eBay finally beat Amazon on something, as Amazon announced their fee increases 3-4 months prior to the change.

eBay's business model: sellers pay more for the privilege of watching glitch fest 2022.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Your-Winter-Seller-Update-is-here/ba-p/32683868

• Sad 3