Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

2 minutes ago, freakchem said:

Met a possible scam buyer with more then 50 review today. After placing an order and paid, he sent me a message said the shipping address is his old address and asking me what could be done ship to his new address. When I saw this message, I knew this is a scam. But I still replied his message and told him to cancel the order and place a new one with the correct address. He sent a cancel request and placed a new order with a different address. While I was wondering if he is a decent buyer with accidental wrong address, he sent me another message said he already found something cheaper on facebook and needs to cancel the order. 

The lesson I learned here is, the scam buyer won't demand you to change the address, instead, they will ASK you for suggestions to make it seems like an innocent mistake. Don't be fooled guys!

what's the scam in this? looks like a reasonable transaction unless Im overlooking something 

The buyer will ask you to ship to an different address stating he/she didn't update the address or whatever. Once you shipped the item to the asking address, they will claim they didn't receive the item and asking for refund. eBay will lean toward the buyer since as a seller, you didn't ship the item to the address in their system. 

In my case, the buyer may be innocent since nothing actually happened. I would be really careful though, if buyer is asking for a different address. 

53 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

what's the scam in this? looks like a reasonable transaction unless Im overlooking something 

One of the oldest scams on ebay.  Bottom line, only mail to the address attached to the order, unchanged.  eBay should just remove the ability to edit mailing addresses and make them static like Amazon

On 8/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, BrickLegacy said:

UPS has been trashing boxes lately … I’ve had several complaints and one return. It’s becoming a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPS has always been terrible in our region.  I feel like the majority of our packages arrive with the box barely intact and looks like someone dropped it off the cliff of the grand canyon.  All other carriers do such a better job caring/handling packages that we receive so I avoid using UPS for Lego as much as possible.  Around here USPS is by far the best in delivering well cared for packages.  

• 1 month later...

About a week or so, I purchased a copy of Ninjago City on eBay at a reasonable price - Not too high, not too low. Nothing in the description indicated it wasn't genuine Lego. The pictures showed a complete set but didn't have enough detail to show that the set was a knock off. But none of the pieces have 'Lego' branding and it even came with instructions from 'Zebra Blocks' (not pictured in the listing). The listing was posted in the 'LEGO (R) Complete Sets & Packs' category and tagged as set 70620 (the real set's number). Of course, the seller doesn't accept returns but I requested one under eBay's Money Back Guarantee. She's saying the item provided is as described and is not honoring the return request. I'm going to ask eBay to step in and send pictures of the knock-off instructions along with some examples of non-Lego parts included with accompanying images of real Lego. Any suggestions on how to navigate this? I had an awful time earlier this year dealing with eBay when a 'buyer' claimed the set I sold was damaged and sent back something unrelated and eBay refunded him the purchase price. I finally got eBay to to reverse the refund but it was an awful experience. I'm hoping for a better experience as the buyer in this case, but I'm not optimistic. 

1 minute ago, StLBrian said:

About a week or so, I purchased a copy of Ninjago City on eBay at a reasonable price - Not too high, not too low. Nothing in the description indicated it wasn't genuine Lego. The pictures showed a complete set but didn't have enough detail to show that the set was a knock off. But none of the pieces have 'Lego' branding and it even came with instructions from 'Zebra Blocks' (not pictured in the listing). The listing was posted in the 'LEGO (R) Complete Sets & Packs' category and tagged as set 70620 (the real set's number). Of course, the seller doesn't accept returns but I requested one under eBay's Money Back Guarantee. She's saying the item provided is as described and is not honoring the return request. I'm going to ask eBay to step in and send pictures of the knock-off instructions along with some examples of non-Lego parts included with accompanying images of real Lego. Any suggestions on how to navigate this? I had an awful time earlier this year dealing with eBay when a 'buyer' claimed the set I sold was damaged and sent back something unrelated and eBay refunded him the purchase price. I finally got eBay to to reverse the refund but it was an awful experience. I'm hoping for a better experience as the buyer in this case, but I'm not optimistic. 

eBay will force the return and automatically refund you a few days after the item shows as delivered. As long as you selected "Item not as described" or "Inauthentic" you have nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

you can return any item for any reason; but gotta be within the strict return window.

53 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

Ebay take care their buyers much better than sellers

1 hour ago, StLBrian said:

I would put the word counterfeit in the claim. not as described is not good for a seller but counterfeit can get them kicked off ebay in a jiffy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a buyer asking for eBay references and logo removed from postage label. Also removal of packing slip from item box. They've purchased and paid, then requested upgrade to shipping too. 

To me it appears to be a drop shipper. What would you do in this position? Would you do as requested? Am I still covered?

45 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

I have a buyer asking for eBay references and logo removed from postage label. Also removal of packing slip from item box. They've purchased and paid, then requested upgrade to shipping too. 

To me it appears to be a drop shipper. What would you do in this position? Would you do as requested? Am I still covered?

This definitely seems like a drop shipper. I would cancel. If the person wants to upgrade shipping, they can rebuy the item and pay for that. 

• Like 2