Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

28 minutes ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

So I had something happen that screams SCAM but wanted to check if this has happened to anyone else.

Someone offered full price for one of my 21155 listings instead of just using Buy it Now. I've seen scams like this but only with new accounts, this person has 100% positive feedback since 2014. Tempting to take the offer but I feel like i would just be filing for UPI and lose time dealing with that. 

About to block/report them so watch out for the username (horva_agne) if you see it.

Counteroffer for $1 less. 

• Like 4

can someone remind again what the play is on selling a large NISB set on Ebay at about 10-15% off retail w/ free shipping...and having it directly shipped from Walmart?

I've been trying to avoid them generally but recently got two orders shipped this way.  I am messing something up?

[is it still a form a money laundering/credit card fraud?]

On 8/19/2021 at 4:33 PM, scatttcat said:

Someone demanded a refund because I shipped their order to the wrong address.

I shipped to the address on order details but apparently that was an "old address" and I never "contacted them about providing another address"...

I am sorry I didn't preemptively ask you if the address you confirmed during checkout was in fact an old one.  🙃

What did eBay say about this? Hope they sided with you. 

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can someone remind again what the play is on selling a large NISB set on Ebay at about 10-15% off retail w/ free shipping...and having it directly shipped from Walmart?

I've been trying to avoid them generally but recently got two orders shipped this way.  I am messing something up?

[is it still a form a money laundering/credit card fraud?]

Seller is dropshipping with stolen credit cards.

• Like 1

I have an extraordinary fruitcake story, but it'd take too long to tell that story with all the details as this lasted several months.

Can you imagine a salty LEGO scammer stalking & harrassing you for months just because they couldn't scam you? No? Well... that's what happened. Maybe some day I'll have enough energy to share that. There are some evil people in this world, but this guy was a different breed.

4 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I have an extraordinary fruitcake story, but it'd take too long to tell that story with all the details as this lasted several months.

Can you imagine a salty LEGO scammer stalking & harrassing you for months just because they couldn't scam you? No? Well... that's what happened. Maybe some day I'll have enough energy to share that. There are some evil people in this world, but this guy was a different breed.

Sounds rough, post it if you want to vent.

6 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Make it a serial and post a new part every Friday evening. "Honey, I gotta log into Brickpicker. This guy is dropping part 6 of his story in a couple minutes and I want to read it before it gets spoiled for me on Twitter."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This one has me confused. Guy was selling 4 Medieval Blacksmith for $115 each with free shipping . I messaged him and asked any discount if I buy all 4 since he would save on shipping and I am close by.  He replies promptly, no because he can easily sell them at this price and he can only ship 2 per box so he would have no savings. Around 250 feedback with recent sales all positive except for a pair of shoes that didn’t fit. 

So, I buy 2 and pay with PayPal and they don’t ship no tracking uploaded. I go to check his feedback and see he no longer has any active listings. Open a case with eBay and get a full refund the same day before I can even check the case status. So figured hacked account. Then yesterday I get an email from UPS that I have a package coming from “the UPS store” no further details. Today it arrives and has the senders name and address are on the label but it is only 1 set and I paid for 2.  I check the seals and they look to clearly be tampered with, so I weigh the set and it is 80 grams heavier then my others. So now I am expecting that it was opened and swapped out with fake lego or the Minifigures were pulled and replaced with something a little heavier. I open the set and it is lego and all 14 bags are there with the Minifigures. The reason it was heavier (see picture) was the instructions were sealed in a box not a bag like the one I just built. 

Not sure why he didn’t just sell me all 4 if he was planning to scam and still not sure why he still sent 1 set with pricey shipping. I can’t recall getting instructions in a flat box like that only sails. 

CA67B0E9-1444-408A-B9E8-81F708735F56.jpeg

• Confused 5

• 2 weeks later...

Buyer that berated me on less than mint box condition in the return request.  A few seconds spent on the listing would have shown description with pictures of the exact problems they were complaining about. 

Return was accepted since that was eBay's policy, but eBay did not require me to cater to rude & obnoxious people.

BBL party !!! :danced::dancing::girldance:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is a new one.  Watch out for buyer coffeecoffee101!  Ordered 3 $20 sets I had listed. Boxes were in good condition when I sent order. They asked for a refund because they said boxes were damaged. In the pictures of the return the boxes were damaged but the shipping box I sent in was in the background and in good condition. Whatever it’s $60 so I agreed and paid for return label. Noticed it was returned yesterday and then delivered today 😳. Knew something wasn’t right so went to check mail and there was a note from Usps saying I owed $45.30 to get the package!?!?! What the!?!?!  Looks like they overnighted the package and I either pay the $45 or I’m sure it will be sent back to them. Any suggestions or anything similar happen to anybody else?  Sorry for the long read

Edited by Mgip21

40 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

Ok here is a new one.  Watch out for buyer coffeecoffee101!  Ordered 3 $20 sets I had listed. Boxes were in good condition when I sent order. They asked for a refund because they said boxes were damaged. In the pictures of the return the boxes were damaged but the shipping box I sent in was in the background and in good condition. Whatever it’s $60 so I agreed and paid for return label. Noticed it was returned yesterday and then delivered today 😳. Knew something wasn’t right so went to check mail and there was a note from Usps saying I owed $45.30 to get the package!?!?! What the!?!?!  Looks like they overnighted the package and I either pay the $45 or I’m sure it will be sent back to them. Any suggestions or anything similar happen to anybody else?  Sorry for the long read

Not sure if you don’t pick it up if the return would be considered complete.  Does the package weight match up to what it should be? That eBAy user has a well established account over 15 years as both a buyer and seller so seems odd. 

2 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Not sure if you don’t pick it up if the return would be considered complete.  Does the package weight match up to what it should be? That eBAy user has a well established account over 15 years as both a buyer and seller so seems odd. 

Yeah i did see their feedback and they did respond and said that was the label eBay provided them 🤷‍♂️  Very odd

1 hour ago, Mgip21 said:

I sold that buyer many Lego sets over the a couple of years and never had an issue. I'm pretty sure he buys on Ebay and sells on Amazon.

Echoing what others have said: I have sold 100's of sets to coffeecofee101 with no problems.

On the other hand... Everyone should block magonz-7410 - This guy will purchase from you. Wait for  order to be delivered and then claim you sent it to the wrong address. It's a stupid scam, and an easy one for the seller to win providing you actually did send the package to the eBay verified address on file, But I've seen other buyers (somehow) get hosed on this.

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I sent the buyer a request to change, but there goes my 100% seller rating
3cea38da110e149bcab8e3f725f79f57.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Clearly the buyer is more accustom to A+++++ and better from other sellers.  You sir only got 4+, need to really up your game

(for comparison I typically get A +infinity)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I sent the buyer a request to change, but there goes my 100% seller rating
3cea38da110e149bcab8e3f725f79f57.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

something has changed in last month or so making that mistake easier,  gotten 4 negs with positive,  sent revisions to all, 3 fixed, one never responded.  Way to many for it to be happening without something changing that makes it easier to hit by accident.

• Like 2