Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Thanks.
Its the campervan and upon examining it closer I see that the bags arent numbered either, they look a little different than regular lego bags. I definitely bought it from a retailer, but it was an amazon return so who knows maybe it was swapped out. 
But i opened a quidditch set near me to test and I see that while most bricks have the stamp some do not so appears it isnt uniform.
No, it most definitely is uniform. Every brick and plate that have studs on them, each and every stud says Lego. Tiles with no studs say Lego on the bottom side. Lego does this on every single piece they produce.

My guess is your Amazon buyer swapped out your real pieces with counterfeit bags he got for cheaper and kept the real ones before returning.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

No, it most definitely is uniform. Every brick and plate that have studs on them, each and every stud says Lego. Tiles with no studs say Lego on the bottom side. Lego does this on every single piece they produce.

My guess is your Amazon buyer swapped out your real pieces with counterfeit bags he got for cheaper and kept the real ones before returning.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thanks. any recommendations on what to do? the auction has bids already

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

did we resolve the whole: LEGO logo on EVERY stud or not?

Every closed stud has LEGO logo on it. However, there are other LEGO pieces that have open studs and don't carry the LEGO logo (but perhaps in other places), and there are even LEGO pieces that do not have the LEGO logo on it (some minifig accessories I believe).

Anyone noticed the lack of coupons and ebay bucks this holiday season?  I can only recall one 5% ebay buck deal in the last several months.  I can't think of any other "deals". The completely take away ebay bucks unless there is a promo so I thought we would get more ebay buck promos for higher amounts.  

1 hour ago, stackables said:

Anyone noticed the lack of coupons and ebay bucks this holiday season?  I can only recall one 5% ebay buck deal in the last several months.  I can't think of any other "deals". The completely take away ebay bucks unless there is a promo so I thought we would get more ebay buck promos for higher amounts.  

eBay is doing their hardest not to share any revenue with the sellers.  Since the eBay bucks came from eBay's pocket, I do not foresee it coming back unless they get a new CEO / management team

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

eBay is doing their hardest not to share any revenue with the sellers.  Since the eBay bucks came from eBay's pocket, I do not foresee it coming back unless they get a new CEO / management team

It is not completely gone as they do have them once and awhile. I do think the days of 10% ebay bucks are dead.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:

It's been a while. but sold a set to to Chile.  A day after shipping it, I get a spanish message asking to cancel saying it was not ordered by the ebay buyer.  THis is through GSP.

What are my options at this point?

You can contact eBay through chat and let them know since you already shipped the item. Since it is through the GSP I would expect you are well covered, but reaching out to them is probably the best choice. I prefer chat over calling as you will receive a transcript to support you in case something goes wrong later.

3 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

It's been a while. but sold a set to to Chile.  A day after shipping it, I get a spanish message asking to cancel saying it was not ordered by the ebay buyer.  THis is through GSP.

This is the #1 ebay scam I encounter these days. On almost all my lego sets I sell, I always send a message confirming that they in fact ordered it. If they don't respond I cancel and block. GSP refunds usually are fairly seller friendly however. 

5 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

Since it hasn't even made it to the GSP hub yet, you are probably fine after reaching out to Ebay.

Thx for tips.  I contacted ebay customer service, and they said since I shipped it nothing for me to do for now.

I then get another sale with an account based in Argentina with 0 feedback, to ship to Florida to a hotel?  what the heck?  Haven't seen this scam before.  I msged the buyer today. If no response... well im canceling order either way... This was the address

8745 International Dr Hab 214 Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando

Yeah it's for a destiny's bounty.  going to do what most people do on this forum.. if zero or little feedback, msg them.  and if shady address, cancel.

i guess that's an ebay loophole.  Someone doing scams out of a florida hotel room.  Since I know the room of Hab214... not sure how I can prevent others from being scammed.

• Like 1

I sold so many sets on ebay to 0 feedback buyers, including multiple addresses in FL. No backfire so far. In my past limited experience, I found a lot of south america folks like using address in FL, where asian & europe buyers prefer address in OR / DE.

Anyway, if I were you I would send the package but will choose UPS / FedEX over USPS since they are more reliable. If you are still concerned, add signature. As long as the tracking shows delivered, you are off the hook and ebay will deal with the issue if any pops up in the future.

36 minutes ago, SLL said:

I sold so many sets on ebay to 0 feedback buyers, including multiple addresses in FL. No backfire so far. In my past limited experience, I found a lot of south america folks like using address in FL, where asian & europe buyers prefer address in OR / DE.

Anyway, if I were you I would send the package but will choose UPS / FedEX over USPS since they are more reliable. If you are still concerned, add signature. As long as the tracking shows delivered, you are off the hook and ebay will deal with the issue if any pops up in the future.

I have in the past... but since my last 4 sales were all GSP and 1 claimed he didn't order it, I scrutinized this next sale of Destiny's Bounty a bit.  Not sure about sending to a hotel room though... seems super fishy.  Thx for all sharing.

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Hopefully not a fruitcake: Do you accept Interac e-transfer?

It is a 100% feedback buyer from Canada. Anyone in the USA ever use this payment method?

Interac is similar to Zelle in the US. A network of Canadian banks for customers to send money between individuals. Won't work with US banks. So won't work for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I purchased a huge 100+ lb lot off of eBay a few weeks ago.  I referred back to the listing to see if I missed something because I recall it having multiple train sets.  Well oddly, the 12 pictures are gone and only 2 are now shown.  I referred back to my notes I had taken on the high value set #s and sure enough a train set is missing.  

Either I'm losing my mind or the person deleted photos right before I submitted my offer.  I had approached seller with a few questions which they professionally answered, and then they said to submit an offer because eager to sell.

What do you think is the next step?  Can eBay pull up the original photos/listing?  I can of course go to the seller, but if I'm already suspicious, not sure where this will get me.

Anyone run into this before?

4 hours ago, trstnkn said:

I purchased a huge 100+ lb lot off of eBay a few weeks ago.  I referred back to the listing to see if I missed something because I recall it having multiple train sets.  Well oddly, the 12 pictures are gone and only 2 are now shown.  I referred back to my notes I had taken on the high value set #s and sure enough a train set is missing.  

Either I'm losing my mind or the person deleted photos right before I submitted my offer.  I had approached seller with a few questions which they professionally answered, and then they said to submit an offer because eager to sell.

What do you think is the next step?  Can eBay pull up the original photos/listing?  I can of course go to the seller, but if I'm already suspicious, not sure where this will get me.

Anyone run into this before?

Ebay can see all edits to the listing, and they always side withe buyer first.  I would contact the seller to see if he changed the listing from original, this way you have a written response the Ebay rep can view. If the seller says "yes I changed it", you can argue it happened just before your bid offer and you were unaware of the change and Ebay might make the seller take a return, or Ebay could present you some sort of credit (I'm presuming on the credit idea, maybe cost of a return shipping label). If the seller says "no I didn't change the listing", he is lying and it shows he is untruthful plus Ebay has the power to see if the listing was changed. Using the "yes I changed it" from the seller, you might plead to him the estimated value or what you think the fair value of the changed listing you received is and plead to the seller to partially refund you the difference so that all parties involved are satisfied. I have used the partial refund method  both as a buyer when the seller didn't represent the item clearly and as a seller when I have sent the wrong kit, just give a refund of the difference in price and add a little more discount on top of the difference. With the added extra refund, it's a good deal for the buyer because he got a steep discount however on a kit he didn't order, and the extra refund amount would equal the amount I would lose in return shipping, and the amount lost in original shipping.

Edited by Average Guy

I'm not sure if this works for ended listings but active listings In the description just above the items specifics will show if the listing was revised.

Example here

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Last updated on  Jan 05, 2022 08:00:08 PST  View all revisions

EDIT. It does show on sold listings as well.
Edited by MarleyMoose
  • Like 2