Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

17 hours ago, jaybinx73 said:

If we list that we only ship to US buyers, how do international people bid and win an auction?  I have had several auctions that this has happened to.  in the end, i've agreed to ship to them and padded my freight $, but its annoying

There are settings for ebay sellers in which you can designate which areas of the world you are selling/shipping to.  This will automatically block bids from areas of the world you do not sell/ship to.  Of course, if they list themselves as living in your part of the world, then it won't block them. 

There is also a setting to block bids from zero or negative feedback buyers.

You can do a google search for both the above and it'll give you the specific links to accomplish both.

I would caution doing business with 0 feedback buyers from Singapore.  At least wait the maximum time before shipping to make sure the money is not flagged as suspicious / fraud by Paypal.
One day has passed without payment. What's my next move? I could send an invoice or payment reminder but like I said I'm almost hoping to not have to ship. Wait it out? Cancel order? How long do they have to pay?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

There are settings for ebay sellers in which you can designate which areas of the world you are selling/shipping to.  This will automatically block bids from areas of the world you do not sell/ship to.  Of course, if they list themselves as living in your part of the world, then it won't block them. 
There is also a setting to block bids from zero or negative feedback buyers.
You can do a google search for both the above and it'll give you the specific links to accomplish both.
My BIN listing was set to shipping to US only and this account from Singapore purchased the item. Is there is another setting to block these purchases based on location? I will have to do more research as you recommended. I will say that advanced shipping settings, requiring immediate payment, and blocking low feedback buyers are not settings readily available in the ebay app which is primarily what I use to list items. I wish they would add them, seems pointless to list on the app only to have to adjust the settings in a browser.

18 minutes ago, firstofminifigs said:

One day has passed without payment. What's my next move? I could send an invoice or payment reminder but like I said I'm almost hoping to not have to ship. Wait it out? Cancel order? How long do they have to pay?

You have 2 options:
1. You can cancel and choose "Something wrong with buyer address". Make sure to message them & put a note saying you do no ship internationally.  Pro: quick. Cons: They may still give you negative feedback.  

2. Wait 48 hours and open Unpaid Item case in Resolution Center. Pro: eBay will remove any neg should you win the case.  Cons: slow as eBay gives buyer 2-3 more days to pay.  Also, buyer may end up paying so you will have to mail the item.

Lastly, change your listings to have "Immediate Payment Required".

4 hours ago, firstofminifigs said:

My BIN listing was set to shipping to US only and this account from Singapore purchased the item. Is there is another setting to block these purchases based on location? I will have to do more research as you recommended. I will say that advanced shipping settings, requiring immediate payment, and blocking low feedback buyers are not settings readily available in the ebay app which is primarily what I use to list items. I wish they would add them, seems pointless to list on the app only to have to adjust the settings in a browser.

Something doesn't seem right. Did you check off the countries to exclude?

image.thumb.png.04e43f155cf0a9288c5d364753324bf6.png

I've also seen accounts that say they're from another country, but the actual shipping address is within the US. The shipping address is actually Singapore?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You have 2 options:
1. You can cancel and choose "Something wrong with buyer address". Make sure to message them & put a note saying you do no ship internationally.  Pro: quick. Cons: They may still give you negative feedback.  

2. Wait 48 hours and open Unpaid Item case in Resolution Center. Pro: eBay will remove any neg should you win the case.  Cons: slow as eBay gives buyer 2-3 more days to pay.  Also, buyer may end up paying so you will have to mail the item.

Lastly, change your listings to have "Immediate Payment Required".

If you go this route I've found it doesn't hurt to also call ebay after you've submitted something to their resolution center.  In the phone call you can mention the anomaly with the shipping address.  They may kill it for you.

So how do we report ebay sellers. I bought some open figs that said new and they were missing their "extra pieces".  I asked the seller to ship those out to me.  He refused so I gave him neutral feedback.  Now he is verbally threatening through ebay messages lol.  Something about fn my mother and she looks like Katelyn Jenner and continues to spam me with messages.  Up to 5 right now.

I called and reported him.

Edited by stackables

If they persist to harass you, contact ebay again and they 'll warn the seller that continued harassment will result in them being banned.  I had to deal with a psycho seller like that.  He was bad enough, but after I received a refund I gave him negative feedback for the crap he was trying to pull on me.  Then he really went off the deep end. 

By the way, ebay can remove a "false positive" feedback as well.  You know, when the seller leaves you a "positive" comment but calls you all kinds of names, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

If they persist to harass you, contact ebay again and they 'll warn the seller that continued harassment will result in them being banned.  I had to deal with a psycho seller like that.  He was bad enough, but after I received a refund I gave him negative feedback for the crap he was trying to pull on me.  Then he really went off the deep end. 

By the way, ebay can remove a "false positive" feedback as well.  You know, when the seller leaves you a "positive" comment but calls you all kinds of names, etc.

He just sent me another message with profanity.  I think if I get another one tomorrow, I will call ebay again.  Hopefully this escalates the situation.  I did notice one of his negative feedbacks was due to "vulgar language".  So looks like this has happened before.

2 hours ago, stackables said:

He just sent me another message with profanity.  I think if I get another one tomorrow, I will call ebay again.  Hopefully this escalates the situation.  I did notice one of his negative feedbacks was due to "vulgar language".  So looks like this has happened before.

Message him back with some “profanity” of your own ,  and just bang him on your blocked list. Problem solved. ?

7 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Message him back with some “profanity” of your own ,  and just bang him on your blocked list. Problem solved. ?

As tempting as that would be, I don't think that's wise. Why stoop to this loser's level and risk getting in trouble yourself? Blocking him would solve the issue for the OP, but this guy needs to be removed from the site. He's lowering the reputation of all the good, honest sellers with his childish behavior. He needs to be banned. 

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 2

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can block messages from someone who already has a message thread started.
I am a little curious about the definition of "extra pieces." I'm assuming you mean, for example, the Wizard of Oz Tin Man that has a heart piece, but the packs come with two (1 extra).
It might be a little debatable, depending on the listing, but listing as "new" should give everything. Shoot, New should be sealed, but that's my personal belief.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Actually blocking him will only work after the current sale is over.  As long as ebay allows communication between the buyer and seller, it'll continue.  This is why I had to call ebay to get them to stop the guy from messaging me.  The guy was filling my in box with profanity and personal threats.  Ebay put a stop to him for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lodibricks said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can block messages from someone who already has a message thread started.
I am a little curious about the definition of "extra pieces." I'm assuming you mean, for example, the Wizard of Oz Tin Man that has a heart piece, but the packs come with two (1 extra).
It might be a little debatable, depending on the listing, but listing as "new" should give everything. Shoot, New should be sealed, but that's my personal belief.

It was exactly that.  Couple of the Disney figs with extra pieces.  The title had the word new in the title and they were opened then described as used.  I will admit I am partially to blame since I looked at the pictures and didn't know they had extra pieces until I inventoried them.  I assumed everything was complete.  I trade a lot and almost everyone wants them completely complete.  I looked at getting the extra pieces and it was going to cost me about $6 because of shipping from bricklink.  I asked about sending the extra pieces and he said nope tough luck.  You want them, buy something else from him.  He could have thrown them in a regular envelope.  He was a total jerk so I decided to leave neutral feedback.  An appropriate professional response would have suffice but the personal attacks warranted neutral feedback.  Now I wish I actually gave him negative feedback.  My hunch about him was correct and I immediately received go f your mother etc. The fact he was sending the emails through ebay shows he is a complete idiot.  He said my punishment would be blocking me from his store lol.  I did respond to that one saying why would I ever buy something from you?  I blocked him right away but you can't block someone messaging you.

7 minutes ago, stackables said:

It was exactly that.  Couple of the Disney figs with extra pieces.  The title had the word new in the title and they were opened then described as used.  I will admit I am partially to blame since I looked at the pictures and didn't know they had extra pieces until I inventoried them.  I assumed everything was complete.  I trade a lot and almost everyone wants them completely complete.  I looked at getting the extra pieces and it was going to cost me about $6 because of shipping from bricklink.  I asked about sending the extra pieces and he said nope tough luck.  You want them, buy something else from him.  He could have thrown them in a regular envelope.  He was a total jerk so I decided to leave neutral feedback.  An appropriate professional response would have suffice but the personal attacks warranted neutral feedback.  Now I wish I actually gave him negative feedback.  My hunch about him was correct and I immediately received go f your mother etc. The fact he was sending the emails through ebay shows he is a complete idiot.  He said my punishment would be blocking me from his store lol.  I did respond to that one saying why would I ever buy something from you?  I blocked him right away but you can't block someone messaging you.

He's definitely justified the neutral and earned much worse since. I honestly don't want buyers to expect Amazon-level A-to-Z return type of service, but some decency should still exist.

• Like 3

Could always return the items.

• 3 weeks later...

Shipped a $50 set last and found it waiting for me by the door with a USPS note "No such Number" as reason for the return. Looked up buyer on eBay, says he lives in Australia, address was supposedly for a house in AZ. Do I go about refunding him the price of the set minus shipping? How do I go about getting FVF from eBay? 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Shipped a $50 set last and found it waiting for me by the door with a USPS note "No such Number" as reason for the return. Looked up buyer on eBay, says he lives in Australia, address was supposedly for a house in AZ. Do I go about refunding him the price of the set minus shipping? How do I go about getting FVF from eBay? 

YMMV if you don't eat the shipping cost and issue a full refund. eBay's written FVF refund/credit policy only covers sellers voluntarily issuing full refunds. Either way, buyer needs to issue a return/cancel request, you need to do your thing, then you need to contact customer support. You might have to escalate to their resolution center and a supervisor.

You're also probably going to be out the PayPal transaction fee.

Your alternative to a partial refund is to issue a full refund then contact eBay or PayPal's resolution center to get reimbursed for the buyer's shipping error.

• Like 1

YMMV if you don't eat the shipping cost and issue a full refund. eBay's written FVF refund/credit policy only covers sellers voluntarily issuing full refunds. Either way, buyer needs to issue a return/cancel request, you need to do your thing, then you need to contact customer support. You might have to escalate to their resolution center and a supervisor.
You're also probably going to be out the PayPal transaction fee.
Your alternative to a partial refund is to issue a full refund then contact eBay or PayPal's resolution center to get reimbursed for the buyer's shipping error.

Wouldn’t this count as a defect on my part though? Buyer hasn’t responded to email, it’s been 24 hours. Should I report them for a faulty address?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

26 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Wouldn’t this count as a defect on my part though? Buyer hasn’t responded to email, it’s been 24 hours. Should I report them for a faulty address?

Seller's obligation is to ship the listed item to the address provided by the buyer without making changes. Buyer's obligation is to provide the correct, deliverable destination. You should be covered by eBay/PayPal seller protection.

eBay will probably automatically apply a shipping defect based on tracking info but should remove it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Twain said:

Nope. No contact from buyer at all.

As long as the 30 day guarantee window has some time left on the clock, I'd wait a bit for them to get back in touch. I'd contact eBay before it lapses, though, just to avoid it turning into a chargeback situation.

• Like 2