Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

5 hours ago, Brickshopper said:

New Item specifics for LEGO Category on Ebay in October. What this means is you will have add brand, set name, number, theme and age group to new listings or to revise old listings. Hopefully it will help with the catalog search etc

image.thumb.png.ad1bae461fb5ccfd51a8ae242947737e.png

does this also help avoid fake bricks during LEGO set searches?

I called eBay to let them know this seller was a scammer after reporting the listings. They told me even though it was clear that the items won't actually be shipped, there was nothing they could do until people start submitting INR cases. Seller is still selling without any issues... I'm sure the 20 people who have bought the Falcon's thus far will receive them. I tried to warn them anyways....

image.thumb.png.e2082fe80d31c405da00b68be508e34f.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

I called eBay to let them know this seller was a scammer after reporting the listings. They told me even though it was clear that the items won't actually be shipped, there was nothing they could do until people start submitting INR cases. Seller is still selling without any issues... I'm sure the 20 people who have bought the Falcon's thus far will receive them. I tried to warn them anyways....

image.thumb.png.e2082fe80d31c405da00b68be508e34f.png

$60 is a bit high. Click on the "Make an Offer" tab and see there are 14 active offers. 

I sold a set which is being shipped to California. Due to it's size, USPS is $38 and FedEx is $17. In my listing, it's free shipping, and I listed in the description "Shipping will be via USPS or FedEx, my choice"

This is going to a Post Office location, but the address listed shows "Unit 2125". Which I'm guessing is actually a PO Box????

FedEx won't ship to a PO Box, and I don't want to pay the $38 to ship. He also won't answer my message regarding whether it's a PO Box or not, after sending an initial message saying he wants this by Thursday.....which would cancel out SmartPost

Am I in the right to cancel this purchase, or will I be subject to negative feedback?

35 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I sold a set which is being shipped to California. Due to it's size, USPS is $38 and FedEx is $17. In my listing, it's free shipping, and I listed in the description "Shipping will be via USPS or FedEx, my choice"

This is going to a Post Office location, but the address listed shows "Unit 2125". Which I'm guessing is actually a PO Box????

FedEx won't ship to a PO Box, and I don't want to pay the $38 to ship. He also won't answer my message regarding whether it's a PO Box or not, after sending an initial message saying he wants this by Thursday.....which would cancel out SmartPost

Am I in the right to cancel this purchase, or will I be subject to negative feedback?

IMHO a negative feedback would be warranted in this case since your listing offers usps as an option . Can’t fault the buyer for the cost of shipping . 

• Like 2

[/]

Fedex Smart Post will deliver to a PO Box. Check the ole inter webs to be certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

IMHO a negative feedback would be warranted in this case since your listing offers usps as an option . Can’t fault the buyer for the cost of shipping . 

I think I am ok sending this one (see post above). But, I'm not sure how to list these things in the future (with free shipping), to cover myself for any PO Box orders to the east or west coast where I need to use FedEx.

I suppose I can list standard shipping (which I did in this case) and then put "USPS or Fed Ex - My choice" with the disclaimer that PO Box orders may be canceled?

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:
41 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:
[/]

Fedex Smart Post will deliver to a PO Box. Check the ole inter webs to be certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Correct, Smartpost will deliver to a PO Box. But this person wanted the set by Thursday (which is kind of BS....considering I listed Standard Shipping). It will get there by Thursday most likely with FedEx.

• 3 weeks later...

Interaction with a buyer on BL:

“The shipping estimate for this order was $0.98. You might want to fix that since $4.50 is a big discrepancy. It makes it much less of a bargain for two minifgs. Btw, what's the extra $0.50 charge?”

--

My reply: Contrary to how I was feeling.

Thank you for writing to me about the shipping cost for your recent for the Tribal Women and Wacky Witch minifigures.  The BrickLink generated shipping estimate for your order is not accurate and is an estimate.  I use the USPS web site to generate an exact shipping cost using a bubble mailer envelope.  Other sellers I buy from use a bubble mailer envelope for shipping parts and minfigures, and the shipping cost I gave you is very much in the line with what they charged me.  

I recently ordered a Roku remote directly from the manufacturer and the 2-ounce order cost $5.99 to ship from California to Maryland.  It is not possible to ship two minifigures from Maryland to California for $0.98.  The extra $0.50 charge is for the cost of the bubble mailer envelope.  Some other sellers charge $1-$2 for handling and materials fees.

3 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

“The shipping estimate for this order was $0.98. You might want to fix that since $4.50 is a big discrepancy. It makes it much less of a bargain for two minifgs. Btw, what's the extra $0.50 charge?”

--

Thank you for writing to me about the shipping cost for your recent for the Tribal Women and Wacky Witch minifigures.  The BrickLink generated shipping estimate for your order is not accurate and is an estimate.  I use the USPS web site to generate an exact shipping cost using a bubble mailer envelope.  Other sellers I buy from use a bubble mailer envelope for shipping parts and minfigures, and the shipping cost I gave you is very much in the line with what they charged me.  

I recently ordered a Roku remote directly from the manufacturer and the 2-ounce order cost $5.99 to ship from California to Maryland.  It is not possible to ship two minifigures from Maryland to California for $0.98.  The extra $0.50 charge is for the cost of the bubble mailer envelope.  Some other sellers charge $1-$2 for handling and materials fees.

Where would $.98 come from at all? Minimum shipping for First Class is $2.66 using commercial pricing.

Might be easier to create your own shipping table for first class packages.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Where would $.98 come from at all? Minimum shipping for First Class is $2.66 using commercial pricing.

Might be easier to create your own shipping table for first class packages.

I find my BIGGEST issue w/ BL is the shipping unknown...after about 2 years of making attempts (shopping, clicking thru, seeing I don't have enough to justify shipping, giving up and just going back to ebay), I finally put in an order for 5 MFs.

Some BL stores mainly sell MFs and small parts...I suggest that these sellers help out their buyers and simply post: something like: "up to 10 MFs shipped cross country for $5", "up to 20 MF...$10" etc.

Help us give you our money

• Like 1

"won" an auction for a large ticket item set (~$300) to take advantage of ebay 10% ebucks.  Anyway, received a message from ebay saying the seller's account has been compromised and to consider the transaction cancelled. I went through the steps described in the message and got my refund.

Anyway, my account is still showing the ebucks earned...not sure if they will take it back later, but if not...it's a nice consolation prize ?

I've had several items sell on eBay where the shipping address appears to be a freight forwarder (buyer name appears Chinese, shipping address is west coast and has additional characters which I'm guessing are a tracking ID that links the domestic delivery phase to the international delivery phase).

My question is about my liability and where the transaction officially stops.  My thoughts are that once successfully delivered and signed for it's done.  Of course signing doesn't mean the box wasn't damaged or that the buyer couldn't still levy a complaint.

If I wanted to offer international shipping I would.  If a buyer wants to circumvent that and find a way to forward it on I would think that would be at their risk.  Part of me feels that since eBay is so pro-buyer that my liability follows all the way to China.

Any thoughts or sharing of risk mitigation measures are appreciated.  I already photograph the packing process and send those to the buyer for transparency and CYA.

4 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I've had several items sell on eBay where the shipping address appears to be a freight forwarder (buyer name appears Chinese, shipping address is west coast and has additional characters which I'm guessing are a tracking ID that links the domestic delivery phase to the international delivery phase).

My question is about my liability and where the transaction officially stops.  My thoughts are that once successfully delivered and signed for it's done.  Of course signing doesn't mean the box wasn't damaged or that the buyer couldn't still levy a complaint.

If I wanted to offer international shipping I would.  If a buyer wants to circumvent that and find a way to forward it on I would think that would be at their risk.  Part of me feels that since eBay is so pro-buyer that my liability follows all the way to China.

Any thoughts or sharing of risk mitigation measures are appreciated.  I already photograph the packing process and send those to the buyer for transparency and CYA.

Technically you are only responsible for shipping the package to the "Ship to:" address in your order.  Whatever the recipients do after the package is delivered to that address (ie. ship to other countries) should not be of our concern.

15 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

You're protected from item not received claims at the point you have proof of delivery to the freight forwarder.

You're still on the hook for SNAD claims and at the mercy of dispute resolution staff discretion.

Pics of packing are only helpful to the extent of said staff's discretion. Your best risk mitigation is in checking feedback and, if you still have concerns, asking the buyer to show proof of association with the shipping address like tracking info for a prior purchase. 

32 minutes ago, mizeur said:

You're protected from item not received claims at the point you have proof of delivery to the freight forwarder.

You're still on the hook for SNAD claims and at the mercy of dispute resolution staff discretion.

Pics of packing are only helpful to the extent of said staff's discretion. Your best risk mitigation is in checking feedback and, if you still have concerns, asking the buyer to show proof of association with the shipping address like tracking info for a prior purchase. 

That being the case, you would only be liable for the shipping from the forwarder back to you. The actual forwarding company, or the buyer, would be liable for the international shipping back to the forwarder to forward back to you... which is a large reason you don't see a ton of returns from them. Just make sure on eBay you generate your own return label that goes directly from the address you sent it to, back to your address.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

--

My e-mail reply brought results - I was recently paid for the order.  Being polite worked in this case.  :) 

SO this string about the Ebay EBucks Promos started in the "Daily Deals" forum and I didn't want to clog it so here it is:

My Situation: It was a BIN, where I made an offer that was accepted two days ago (before I receieved the promo email). I activated the promo today and made the purchase (thru App) and based on the ebuck summary during checkout, I got the 10%. 

Then I check my summary and I see the transaction and it says $1.85 earned...WTF!

So I have ebay customer service call me (better than waiting on hold) and basically say "WTF" (but way more nicer)

Rep put me on hold and then came back w/ BIN or Best Offer does not apply to 10% promo

BUT: as a "one time courtesy"...they will give me the 10% on this transaction.

so that's my story; hope it help others

Others have said both the initial purchase date and paid date need to fall within the promotion period....but when I spoke w/ the EBAy rep, he clearly stated that the BIN or Best Offer did not qualify for the Ebucks Promotion.  Also the other perplexing part is the underlined portion above...the "Ebucks earned on this purchase" showed the promotion amount.  At the end of the day, I believe this part needs to be the reason why Ebay would need to honor the promo.  The lesson here is to print/PDF that page during checkout. This should serve as sufficient evidence to get the promo EBucks credited (as in my case) or be offerred a chance to cancel the transaction without negative impact. 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

OK, looking for feedback here from folks who sell on eBay on if I'm out of line here or not.

Bought a set this week that was listed as just the set name and number, no other quantifiers. The description repeats the name and set number and says "Condition is Used; ships in original box. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail."

Received the set today and all the mini figures are missing.

I email the seller and politely say that the auction never stated "Incomplete" or "No Minifigures" or "Ship only" and to please send the minifgs or issue a refund. They counter saying that "There was a question asked about the mini figures during the auction and I replied that the 3 mini figures were missing. I flagged this as a public post so everyone could see it".

I'm sure I never saw any posts during the auction and can't see them now that the auction is closed. As far as I'm concerned, this was a misleading/inaccurate auction. When I've asked questions about the status of a set before, the seller has often updated the listing with new pics/description to reflect their answer.

Am I being unreasonable here?

38 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

OK, looking for feedback here from folks who sell on eBay on if I'm out of line here or not.

Bought a set this week that was listed as just the set name and number, no other quantifiers. The description repeats the name and set number and says "Condition is Used; ships in original box. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail."

I email the seller and politely say that the auction never stated "Incomplete" or "No Minifigures" or "Ship only" and to please send the minifgs or issue a refund. They counter saying that "There was a question asked about the mini figures during the auction and I replied that the 3 mini figures were missing. I flagged this as a public post so everyone could see it".

I'm sure I never saw any posts during the auction and can't see them now that the auction is closed. As far as I'm concerned, this was a misleading/inaccurate auction. When I've asked questions about the status of a set before, the seller has often updated the listing with new pics/description to reflect their answer.

IMO, missing MFs on a LEGO set should be on the title...anything less is intentionally misleading.

Return it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mr_Coat said:

ebay will side you if you open a NAD case

• Like 1