Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Maybe someone else can confirm this I am getting orders through eBay where buyers are buying on sears.com as a marketplace partner I was unaware of any of this and it’s a big mess because they show stock picture for many items with wrong MPN many items have wrong picture or price for set advertised on sears going to be many disappointed buyers

Maybe someone else can confirm this I am getting orders through eBay where buyers are buying on sears.com as a marketplace partner I was unaware of any of this and it’s a big mess because they show stock picture for many items with wrong MPN many items have wrong picture or price for set advertised on sears going to be many disappointed buyers
That's very weird. If you look at lego on sears like half of their listings are from Ebay marketplace sellers.

29 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
58 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

That's very weird. If you look at lego on sears like half of their listings are from Ebay marketplace sellers.

Fast Eddie must have hired Toycentric. 

• Like 4

Ok have a new issue very confused by!!  I listed a popular set over a month ago for $250 plus $25 shipping knowing if it sold it would be on the  high end of it moving but not minding hanging onto it for 1 more year. About a week ago I ended it and relisted it with everything the same just wanted to bump it. So about 30 minutes ago I get a notice that it sold for $150 instead of the $250. I know for a fact I would not have listed for $150.  it would have sold in two seconds had I done that. I realize if I cancel the item it could mess with my 100% feedback. Also if I feel like I really listed it for the $150 I would  go ahead and ship it but I can’t bring myself to do that. Any suggestions?. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

Ok have a new issue very confused by!!  I listed a popular set over a month ago for $250 plus $25 shipping knowing if it sold it would be on the  high end of it moving but not minding hanging onto it for 1 more year. About a week ago I ended it and relisted it with everything the same just wanted to bump it. So about 30 minutes ago I get a notice that it sold for $150 instead of the $250. I know for a fact I would not have listed for $150.  it would have sold in two seconds had I done that. I realize if I cancel the item it could mess with my 100% feedback. Also if I feel like I really listed it for the $150 I would  go ahead and ship it but I can’t bring myself to do that. Any suggestions?. Thank you

Take the loss IMO, 100% feedback probably bring you more sales long term than the $100 gained in the short term

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

Was "Best Offer" option checked? I often see that if I relist items, the Best Offer option is selected even if I thought I had taken it off. And they set the auto accept offer price pretty drastically low.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Was "Best Offer" option checked? I often see that if I relist items, the Best Offer option is selected even if I thought I had taken it off. And they set the auto accept offer price pretty drastically low.

No, I never allow offers always set my price firm. and I know I checked my watched items last night and it was one of them sitting there at $250 with one watcher

36 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

No, I never allow offers always set my price firm. and I know I checked my watched items last night and it was one of them sitting there at $250 with one watcher

Did you re-list it via the app? I think i posted this somewhere in this thread maybe, but the app has a tendency to auto select best offer for you, and sets the accept offer at half the list price. Really annoying, i don't re-list/list with the app anymore.

So even if your original listing had no offers accepted, if you re-listed on the app it could have put best offer on without you knowing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Weird. I tend to create the listing on the computer, then load photos and complete the listing on the app. Never select best offer on computer or app (it is always off before I post), yet there it is, active every time when I check the listing after I posted it. That said, auto accept was always turned off.

Yep that's it right there. I do the same where I start a listing on PC and then upload photos via phone. Even with Best Offer off on PC listing, it changes via app. I got burned before I realized the shenanigans. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Did you re-list it via the app? I think i posted this somewhere in this thread maybe, but the app has a tendency to auto select best offer for you, and sets the accept offer at half the list price. Really annoying, i don't re-list/list with the app anymore.

So even if your original listing had no offers accepted, if you re-listed on the app it could have put best offer on without you knowing.

I did re-list with the app butI The completed Sale does not show offer accepted. It’s like somehow the price was changed but I know I did not change it.   

I have had this issue with Best Offer and auto declining price or whatever they call it being turned on but never Auto Accept.  It will prepopulate the Best offer threshold based on similar sales but once again Auto Accept was always off.  Could it be that the decreasing price option was on I think that lowers it 5% daily? I know someone else reported this exact same issue here a few weeks ago and when you look at the listing the item did not sell by Best Offer. 

Edited by Pseudoty

I just contacted eBay and they also see that it was not best offer the price was just 149. I told him there’s no way I would’ve listed that and it would not have  stayed as long as it stayed at that price. They said to change my password and contact the customer and let them know I was canceling it and if they did leave me negative feedback eBay could appeal it and take it off. Is that the option you guys would take?

I’m still nervous about the negative feedback but no way I wanna take over $100 loss

Edited by Mgip21

2 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

I just contacted eBay and they also see that it was not best offer the price was just 149. I told him there’s no way I would’ve listed that and it would not have  stayed as long as it stayed at that price. They said to change my password and contact the customer and let them know I was canceling it and if they did leave me negative feedback eBay could appeal it and take it off. Is that the option you guys would take?

Exactly what I would do.

• Like 2

The eBay app shenanigans are annoying.  I quit publishing with the app but still use it to upload pictures and then verify everything once more on the computer.  When I list an item I get an email that says the listing is live and it lists the price.  You may want to check that and use it to show eBay if it does show the $250. 

I'm assuming this isn't a weird deal where they may have paid with a gift card and it shows what they paid out of their account.  What I'm asking is, you don't have $250 waiting in your Paypal account?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

I just contacted eBay and they also see that it was not best offer the price was just 149. I told him there’s no way I would’ve listed that and it would not have  stayed as long as it stayed at that price.

I wouldn't be surprised if when you re-listed on the ebay app it lowered the BIN price on you. As fuzzy_bricks mentioned; check the email you received when the item got listed and see what it says for a BIN price. If it says $149, then you probably got screwed over by the app, if it says $250 then that's a mystery...

When I list through the app. I always list best offer with a auto decline not far below my buy it now price. EBay will automatically, after a week, switch your listing to best offer with a auto decline set at half your asking price even if you don’t select the best offer option. I never select the “easy pricing” option. What a great feature, we’ll keep lowering the price for you until you have no profit.

3 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

The eBay app shenanigans are annoying.  I quit publishing with the app but still use it to upload pictures and then verify everything once more on the computer.  When I list an item I get an email that says the listing is live and it lists the price.  You may want to check that and use it to show eBay if it does show the $250. 

That's my workflow these days, too.  I do everything on my laptop, save as a draft, use the app to upload the pics, and then switch back to the laptop to double check all my settings and then push it live.

I've had that same issue with the app where the Best Offer gets turned on, or if I have Best Offer on, it changes my Best Offer prices.  (I usually set my Best Offer pricing with a 1 penny difference between what I'll accept and what I'll reject, but the app will put a gap between the two pricing, forcing everyone to wait on me to accept or decline an offer).

• Like 2

I do the app first for creating the listing and uploading pictures, and then everything else is done on PC. Before I started doing this, I had a few situations where the app somehow didn't save my dimensions/weight for items and these reverted to the guessed-at ones that auto-populate. On one of these, I ended up having to pay extra money out of pocket because what I thought was listed at 7 pounds had only been getting a rate at 2 pounds for a box that was about half the size of my real one. Now I carefully check this field about 3 times before listing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Really feeling the late Thanksgiving sales crunch. I only sold a fraction this November of what I sold last November. Things aren't exactly flying off the shelf at this point in December, either. 

eBays been almost dead for me.  Sold more on FB Marketplace.

• Like 1

I’ve been moving product on eBay, but I’ve been aggressive with my pricing. No, I’m not undercutting anyone, but I am pricing so things will move.

I have a ton of crap that’s sitting here, not appreciating anymore. So while I not experiencing huge margins, I’m clearing out dead weight and getting capital back into my pockets that I can invest better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’ve been moving product on eBay, but I’ve been aggressive with my pricing. No, I’m not undercutting anyone, but I am pricing so things will move.

I have a ton of crap that’s sitting here, not appreciating anymore. So while I not experiencing huge margins, I’m clearing out dead weight and getting capital back into my pockets that I can invest better.

I’m in the same boat. Lost my patience with some sets and moved a lot of dead weight this season. I feel good about sets I’m reinvesting in. 

• Like 1