Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

23 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Updated terms of sale going into each ebay post:

"If you decide to cancel a sale after payment, or elect to return an item, 2.9% of the sale price will be withheld to cover Paypal transaction fees, which are nonrefundable and really, not my *&%%ing problem, but I'm certain you'll see fit to make it my problem, that's why this run-on sentence has been left in 50 pt font, bolded, and colored crimson, so that when you call eBay and complain the underpaid rep from India will be able to easily see that it is indeed unlikely that you were unaware of my policy." 

Good luck enforcing that :drag:

New message from:  (104Turquoise Star)

Hi! I was wondering if you would accept $80 for the item? I have unpaid items recorded in the last 2 months for the seller being overseas for childseat I bid and had to cancel the purchase. 

Thank you.

Hmmm,

Can't purchase from me because of the number of unpaid strikes so reaches out and asks for a 20% discount. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan "Tell him he's dreaming son".

Looked into his feedback - 100% positive - the comments though - full of negativity.

Another user ID for the BBL.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

New message from:  (104Turquoise Star)

Hi! I was wondering if you would accept $80 for the item? I have unpaid items recorded in the last 2 months for the seller being overseas for childseat I bid and had to cancel the purchase. 

Thank you.

Hmmm,

Can't purchase from me because of the number of unpaid strikes so reaches out and asks for a 20% discount. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan "Tell him he's dreaming son".

Looked into his feedback - 100% positive - the comments though - full of negativity.

Another user ID for the BBL.

I'd simply ignore the message and then add to block list.

7 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

I have a guy in Italy that wants to buy my LEGO Movie 2 Brickheadz off eBay with an installment payment plan over several months...

I'll buy your entire stock at three times your buy in, and can pay you in 10 equal installments. I'll send the first payment and you can send along the product. I'll send the other installments weekly after the product is received.

• Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Pretty sure that’s what he means by adding to the BBL.

I know. I like to make them sweat first by not replying.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

Not answering emails hurts your search algorithms some.  Better to just reply something non sensical or no.

I don't see a lot of difference as I only sell when I'm among the cheapest. I always search in price order for something and then check that feedback is >99% before I buy. TBH... I've always seen my listings pop up on the first page when searching in BIN price order from another account. My watchers are often >100 for most items, so I'm certainly getting exposure. It's just a shame that 99% of those competitors watchers don't buy ;-(

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I don't see a lot of difference as I only sell when I'm among the cheapest. I always search in price order for something and then check that feedback is >99% before I buy. TBH... I've always seen my listings pop up on the first page when searching in BIN price order from another account. My watchers are often >100 for most items, so I'm certainly getting exposure. It's just a shame that 99% of those competitors watchers don't buy ;-(

because the 99% are from here :devil:

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, roxio said:

because the 99% are from here :devil:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. I think eBay should charge each watcher 0.5% of the final selling price and reduce the FVF to 5% - problem solved! Why not as proper auction houses charge a buyer's premium?

So eBay is kind of the fruitcake in this case, I sold an X-men vs Sentinel, I really thought this set would have done better, but they refunded me because they said it weighed 13 oz instead of three pounds.  I'm a little concerned that the whole thing made it there, but I have not received any complaints yet.  Knock on wood.

Overpaid adjustment:   $1.56

Item:   X-Men vs. The Sentinel

Reason:   Package weight different from specified

Weight on label:   3lb 0oz

Actual weight:   0lb 13oz

2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

So eBay is kind of the fruitcake in this case, I sold an X-men vs Sentinel, I really thought this set would have done better, but they refunded me because they said it weighed 13 oz instead of three pounds.  I'm a little concerned that the whole thing made it there, but I have not received any complaints yet.  Knock on wood.

Overpaid adjustment:   $1.56

Item:   X-Men vs. The Sentinel

Reason:   Package weight different from specified

Weight on label:   3lb 0oz

Actual weight:   0lb 13oz

That's a new one. It must've been a really close destination if the price difference was only $1.56.
The set alone is definitely over a pound, so that's kind of sad if they add new tech to get more accurate pricing and the tech fails to weigh properly.

8 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/tag/d/newburyport-lego-ultimate-millennium/6860731540.html

CL not Ebay 

He can  guarantee you CANNOT tell the difference between this kit and the $800+ Lego kit...

I'll give them credit for even mentioning it. 
If it sat unfinished for 9 months on a bedroom floor, I can guarantee it's missing pieces.
I wonder if that Logitech mouse is included (and genuine). ?

On 4/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, lodibricks said:

I'll give them credit for even mentioning it. 
If it sat unfinished for 9 months on a bedroom floor, I can guarantee it's missing pieces.
I wonder if that Logitech mouse is included (and genuine). ?

Ha! The Logitech mouse is the most valuable thing in the listing. ?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, DangerP said:

Ha! The Logitech mouse is the most valuable thing in the listing. ?

I was thinking that the box was!

Someone wants my last 41171 but sent a message 

"Will you be willing to accept £25.00 for this lego set. My Autistic son has been looking for this and we cant find it anywhere."

I've sold the last couple for £40+.  Do I yield or hold out for £40+?

1 minute ago, MoHu said:

"Will you be willing to accept £25.00 for this lego set. My Autistic son has been looking for this and we cant find it anywhere."

Would you sell it for 25 to someone who didn't claim an autistic child?  I'm not saying they're lying, but there is a good chance they are just trying to garner sympathy.  Hold the line.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
12 hours ago, MoHu said:

Would a well known online retailer do this? Of course not!

I'd counter offer with something much closer to £40 (say, £36) or simply decline if you know you can get £40 elsewhere. I've now set my Best Offer to auto-decline at >10% off.

Even though I do have sympathy for people who are physically and mentally impaired, somebody saying that their child is autistic is playing the "Disability Card" in my book and is not only unacceptable, but disrespectful to those that are. I frankly wouldn't believe them as why would that affect their ability to pay the asking price or close to it?

Let me guess... The address is an Argos collection point?

Call me hard, but I'm really getting quite sick of the crooks, liars and chancers on eBay.

15 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Would you sell it for 25 to someone who didn't claim an autistic child?  I'm not saying they're lying, but there is a good chance they are just trying to garner sympathy.  Hold the line.

I concur with this.

On the other hand, I've had people pay full price then send a message saying how much their special needs child is going to enjoy the set. I usually toss in a couple polybags related to the set that was purchased.

• Like 6