Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

12 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

My suggestion would be not to mark the bags...

12 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

And refund the $2.

And apologize for the misunderstanding.

When a buyer has an issue (reasonable or not), and offers you a quick and fairly easy resolution - just take it.

• Like 1

Bought a used set.  Arrived and found that one of the animals (that is somewhat rare) is in bad shape.  Was not disclosed in listing.  (Other nuances were disclosed so saw no need to further clarify the listing.)

Messaged seller expressing disappointment and lack of disclosure.  Left it open-ended to see if seller would offer a small refund. or just tell me to return it.  Seller never replied, so I filed a SNAD.  Seller's reply in the SNAD case, "I did not return the buyers latest e mail as they did not ask a question that needed a response. ."

Then seller went on a tirade about how this is my fault for not asking the right questions about the listing.  This excuse always kills me.  I know some disagree but it is the seller's responsibility to properly describe the item.  You could soak the Legos in cat pee, and is it my fault because I didn't ask you that?

Ok, rant over!  I posted pics of the item in the SNAD case and will leave it up to eBay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trstnkn said:

Bought a used set.  Arrived and found that one of the animals (that is somewhat rare) is in bad shape.  Was not disclosed in listing.  (Other nuances were disclosed so saw no need to further clarify the listing.)

Messaged seller expressing disappointment and lack of disclosure.  Left it open-ended to see if seller would offer a small refund. or just tell me to return it.  Seller never replied, so I filed a SNAD.  Seller's reply in the SNAD case, "I did not return the buyers latest e mail as they did not ask a question that needed a response. ."

Then seller went on a tirade about how this is my fault for not asking the right questions about the listing.  This excuse always kills me.  I know some disagree but it is the seller's responsibility to properly describe the item.  You could soak the Legos in cat pee, and is it my fault because I didn't ask you that?

Ok, rant over!  I posted pics of the item in the SNAD case and will leave it up to eBay.

You're SNAD is justified, but I have to agree with the seller's reply to the SNAD - you should have been more clear about what you wanted in your initial communication. I understand why you weren't, most of us have been there, but the reality is that if you don't communicate that you want something, that's on you. Lack of clarity on your part doesn't excuse selling garbage, but you should expect the backlash.

Besides if you really want to win a snad case, one option is to catch the seller being unhelpful. "You didn't disclose that X was damaged." and when sellers says "it was not" or "it didn't warrant worth mentioning" then your photo speaks volumes rather than you looking like an unhappy customer because they didn't reply.

You're SNAD is justified, but I have to agree with the seller's reply to the SNAD - you should have been more clear about what you wanted in your initial communication. I understand why you weren't, most of us have been there, but the reality is that if you don't communicate that you want something, that's on you. Lack of clarity on your part doesn't excuse selling garbage, but you should expect the backlash.
Besides if you really want to win a snad case, one option is to catch the seller being unhelpful. "You didn't disclose that X was damaged." and when sellers says "it was not" or "it didn't warrant worth mentioning" then your photo speaks volumes rather than you looking like an unhappy customer because they didn't reply.
Umm yes and no. As sellers I think most of us know what an email from a buyer complaining about something means. We also for the most part know that the seller will most likely file something if we don't respond. Why not at least respond with an apology...don't even have to offer a refund...and let the conversation go from there. Not responding to the buyer is in my opinion where the problem starts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Umm yes and no. As sellers I think most of us know what an email from a buyer complaining about something means. We also for the most part know that the seller will most likely file something if we don't respond. Why not at least respond with an apology...don't even have to offer a refund...and let the conversation go from there. Not responding to the buyer is in my opinion where the problem starts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Of course we know what they want ... and we all know that a common seller tactic is "don't respond, see if they go away."

Personally I would always respond no matter what, but we know butt-heads and scammers and cheats are out there (more choice words will just be filtered out). Be clear about what you want or expect to have problems.

Did not mean for it to be construed that I had a score to settle in any way.  We all have a vested interest in eBay succeeding.  If sellers take the low road and always assume a buyer is a scam artist and treat them as such, we are our own worst enemy.

And if you don’t want to read buyer/seller grievances, I gently suggest unfollowing this thread. 

1 hour ago, trstnkn said:

Did not mean for it to be construed that I had a score to settle in any way.  We all have a vested interest in eBay succeeding.  If sellers take the low road and always assume a buyer is a scam artist and treat them as such, we are our own worst enemy.

And if you don’t want to read buyer/seller grievances, I gently suggest unfollowing this thread. 

You might have misread that. It seemed to me that grabbitfast was suggesting that the seller in your post might be the kind of person who would find a way to retaliate against you.

But if the seller's that kind of person then they were probably already triggered on ebay and complaining here is beside the point.

I gotta side with @trstnkn... Sellers - especially used Lego sellers - gotta know what they're selling and clearly disclose what they're delivering.  If you're in the used Lego business and you don't have time to inspect every minifig and animal, then you need to disclose that. At the very least: "I have not carefully inspected all figs or animals.  All parts are there, but no warranty on condition."  Selling a set as "used, complete" (and nothing more) suggests that none of the minifigs have been in a blender (or litter box).

8 hours ago, stackables said:

Did I get ripped off or got lucky?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401502400352

Looking at the description and their other auctions, seller did not know what they had.  Figures look to be in really good shape too.  I'm really jealous as I would love to own the 10123 figures but the upcoming rumored Cloud City has scared me off from spending big money on them just to have updates come out.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Maybe you should sell the Boba Fett minifigure on BrickLink if you do not plan to keep it.  A $30K sale would lead to a nice profit!  That sale was in November 2017.

I randomly check the most valuable minifigs and noticed that Fett shot up a lot in value one week.  I looked and I saw what you saw...lol.  Figure was also used.  Average price is 4k now too.  cha-ching

3 hours ago, stackables said:

Got the figs today.  Quickly checked Fett, Lando and Luke.  Figures are in great condition.  Even Lando's cape is in great shape.  Checked Fett's neck pegg and Lego in imprinted on it.   Everything looks to be legit.  First ever really good Lego score :)

Pics or it didn't happen.?