Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Did I offend someone here? This must be some kind of trolling. It's just too unreal.

Background: New/Sealed set listed with that thumb-punch/perforated semi-circle opening. I've had a dozen of this set, same weight, thoroughly inspected.
My listing pictures are of the actual set, every angle/side and focus on any imperfections.

Potential Buyer: "Hi could you send me photos with what's in the box please. I just want to make sure it's not empty"

What I think: WHAT??? That's insane.
What I reply:
"If it adds any assurance, this set has no tape seals, only one perforated area, so it's more obvious it has not been tampered with.
I honestly would not want to tear open a new/sealed set without being guaranteed it would be purchased. Otherwise, it would have to be relisted as Used or Open Box and lose value. I hope that's understandable. Thanks."

Potential Buyer: "Alright so can you take a photo of the tape"

What I think: "Seriously? I just said it has no tape."
What I reply: "Hello again. I have attached three pictures focusing on the box's only real opening. Hope this helps! Thanks."
(Sample of several extra pics taken):
sample.JPG.5f1edcb95fe586b361b067f877f791d8.JPG

Potential Buyer: "Dude it's open"

What I think: "This must be a joke as it's beyond comical. Good luck dealing with other sellers."
What I reply: "This must be a joke as it's beyond comical. 
Good luck dealing with other sellers."

*Added to block list*

Edited by lodibricks
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

Did I offend someone here? This must be some kind of trolling. It's just too unreal.

Background: New/Sealed set listed with that thumb-punch/perforated semi-circle opening. I've had a dozen of this set, same weight, thoroughly inspected.
My listing pictures are of the actual set, every angle/side and focus on any imperfections.

Potential Buyer: "Hi could you send me photos with what's in the box please. I just want to make sure it's not empty"

What I think: WHAT??? That's insane.
What I reply:
"If it adds any assurance, this set has no tape seals, only one perforated area, so it's more obvious it has not been tampered with.
I honestly would not want to tear open a new/sealed set without being guaranteed it would be purchased. Otherwise, it would have to be relisted as Used or Open Box and lose value. I hope that's understandable. Thanks."

Potential Buyer: "Alright so can you take a photo of the tape"

What I think: "Seriously? I just said it has no tape."
What I reply: "Hello again. I have attached three pictures focusing on the box's only real opening. Hope this helps! Thanks."
(Sample of several extra pics taken):
sample.JPG.5f1edcb95fe586b361b067f877f791d8.JPG

Potential Buyer: "Dude it's open"

What I think: "This must be a joke as it's beyond comical. Good luck dealing with other sellers."
What I reply: "This must be a joke as it's beyond comical. 
Good luck dealing with other sellers."

*Added to block list*

I'd have added to block list and not bothered responding at all.

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, Val-E said:

How did your application for a job at Lego CS work out?

I didn't pursue it. I have another job and I see my new boss in the mirror every day.

3 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

Quick question, I Just sold 8 lego sets to a person that wants them shipped to Portland, but I am guessing it is a forwarding address, and they will ship them to China.

Is this a scam??  It is $1600 worth of legos , how can I protect this sale?

Payment by bank transfer or cash on delivery.

4 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

Quick question, I Just sold 8 lego sets to a person that wants them shipped to Portland, but I am guessing it is a forwarding address, and they will ship them to China.

What's their feedback?  I sold a few small sets to someone who had the same thing done.

1 minute ago, boliramirez said:

It was sold through Ebay, and he around 90 good feedbacks as buyer, and the address on ebay says it is eligible for seller protection... 

How can I check if it  is a confirmed address?

Is there a long, weird "unit" number? Then it's a freight forwarder. Just google the address too, that will make it apparent. I send to freight forwarders often and still insure large shipments.

Edited by minicoopers11

1 minute ago, boliramirez said:

It was sold through Ebay, and he around 90 good feedbacks as buyer, and the address on ebay says it is eligible for seller protection... 

Yeah google streetview is great for that. If feedback is good and recent you are probabl OK but perhaps you should contact them and see what they say. Maybe you can even sell more sets!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

I may be mistaken, and if so someone please correct me, but if an individual uses a freight forwarding service, then they lose all buyer protection. Thus, as long as you use tracking and someone accepts it at the address, you should be fine. 

25 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I may be mistaken, and if so someone please correct me, but if an individual uses a freight forwarding service, then they lose all buyer protection. Thus, as long as you use tracking and someone accepts it at the address, you should be fine. 

Ebay protection: You are responsible for delivery to the address listed on the order..

Paypal is different animal entirely :P

2 hours ago, boliramirez said:

2 hours ago, TANV said:

What's their feedback?  I sold a few small sets to someone who had the same thing done.

2 hours ago, emazers said:

I have mailed plenty sets to Portland for about 2 years, i am sure its the same address, as long as you mail to a confirmed address you are OK. I have never had a problem.

I've had several large orders go to most likely the same person in Portland as well. I've never had an issue.

• Like 1

Someone just submitted an offer, while also mentioning that they are a single parent - Apparently, there must be some single parent discount that I didn't know about. 
My listings all mention my acceptance of Single Parent allowances, Veteran discount, Handicapped parking, WIC cards/Social Security discounts as well as Medicare plan B. Yours don't?!?
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
44 minutes ago, KShine said:

Someone just submitted an offer, while also mentioning that they are a single parent - Apparently, there must be some single parent discount that I didn't know about. 

They can mention what they like, but I'm only interested in what they're offering. Most of the "Hard Luck" comments are lies anyway.

Need you guys' advice.

A buyer raised a return request, it is about a new Lego Batman movie series 2 minifig, specifically #20 black Vulcan.

He complains that there is a number "20" written in black on the back of the bag at the bar code area and it is not mentioned in the list, so he asks for a partial refund of $2.

yes I didn't mention this mark in the list because that's the way to identify the content and it is removable.

So I refused his partially refund request.

Then he raised a return request, return postage is on me.

I called ebay customer support, the lady told me it is my fault to not mention the mark in my list, so I'd either provider this buyer partially refund to let him drop the return request or accept a return with return cost on me.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Edited by bigreen

Need you guys' advice.
A buyer raised a return request, it is about a new Lego Batman movie series 2 minifig, specifically #20 black Vulcan.
He complains that there is a number "20" written in black on the back of the bag at the bar code area and it is not mentioned in the list, so he asks for a partial refund of $2.
yes I didn't mention this mark in the list because that's the way to identify the content and it is removable.
So I refused his partially refund request.
Then he raised a return request, return postage is on me.
I called ebay customer support, the lady told me it is my fault to not mention the mark in my list, so I'd either provider this buyer partially refund to let him drop the return request or accept a return with return cost on me.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be not to mark the bags...
  • Like 1