Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

So I bought a minifig lot from ebay and half the figures are fakes.  I contacted the seller and they said just to send them back.  Obviously I am not paying for the return shipping.  Do I just open a snad case and then give negative feedback.  I assume they seller will have to pay my shipping back to them.

4 minutes ago, stackables said:

So I bought a minifig lot from ebay and half the figures are fakes.  I contacted the seller and they said just to send them back.  Obviously I am not paying for the return shipping.  Do I just open a snad case and then give negative feedback.  I assume they seller will have to pay my shipping back to them.

File for return and select not as described.  Yes, they will pay for the shipping.  You will receive a shipping label from eBay to use, and you have a certain time window to return them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stackables said:

Does anything more happen to the seller for selling a counterfeit item?

Not that I'm aware of unless you escalate it to eBay.  I recently had this happen where I bought a lot of figures and about 1/4 were fake.  Person genuinely had no idea, apologized, told me to trash them, and refunded me 1/4 of the purchase price.  It didn't go anywhere from there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Not that I'm aware of unless you escalate it to eBay.  I recently had this happen where I bought a lot of figures and about 1/4 were fake.  Person genuinely had no idea, apologized, told me to trash them, and refunded me 1/4 of the purchase price.  It didn't go anywhere from there.

Got ya, I mentioned the idea of a partial refund since some were authentic but the seller said to file with ebay and they will give me instructions about return shipping.

33 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Try using something like this ....

61-59GNP6jL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.28917c00324f8fe2a5507815629dd5c7.jpg

Wow, never thought of that.  Like I mentioned, the label came out to be 4 pages.  What could be the reason for that?

Ended up using photoshop to shrink the label.  Not sure why the label was larger than a single page.

Edited by stackables

I am having all kids of success with ebay lately.  I mentioned before I bought an item (a comic) that was described as gem mint.  The payment as of today was still pending.  The seller actually shipped the comic and I got it today.  He just sent the comic is a priority envelope.  So needless to say the comic is not mint anymore.  Should I just cancel the payment since it is still pending and contact the seller? 

18 hours ago, stackables said:

Wow, never thought of that.  Like I mentioned, the label came out to be 4 pages.  What could be the reason for that?

Ended up using photoshop to shrink the label.  Not sure why the label was larger than a single page.

Their return labels have been screwed up for a while. I just snip a screenshot of the label using the snipping tool, paste it into paint, and print it from there. Works great like that.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 6:52 AM, Huskers1236 said:

When you have the print screen to see what you are printing you can adjust the scale of the page.  I do this for labels I want to be a little smaller to fit on the 4x7" bubble mailers so the label isn't all the way to the edges and I have something to tape to since I'm too cheap for sticker labels.

Glue stick.

Another ignorant / annoying interest. I didn't even bother to tell him / her that  is USD, and including shipping it will cost him / her more from eBay... and those sets are long retired. 

Hi, I'm interested! You are priced very high compared to same unopened units on eBay. Would rather not have to wait for shipping. I’ll offer $200 for this one and Brandenburg gate you have. At $200 for both you are competitive to eBay. Also they were not priced this high in production. LEGO store in town can also order both for $223 combined plus GST.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mizeur said:

eBay were the fruitcakes again. Had to call customer service because a buyer in Puerto Rico ordered a set. Paying for shipping required filling out a customs form but the website wouldn't load it without intervention from the tech team.

I never heard of custom forms needed for mailing to US territories.  Were you using something other than USPS?

So I am debating between negative feedback or neutral.  In summary, I bought a lot of minfigures.  Turns out about half were fakes.  Seller said to return them for a refund.  I sent them back and got a refund.  Seller has relisted the figs and this time put and "no name known  mini figurines ~Star Wars".  Do I hammer the seller for selling fakes with a neutral or negative?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stackables said:

So I am debating between negative feedback or neutral.  In summary, I bought a lot of minfigures.  Turns out about half were fakes.  Seller said to return them for a refund.  I sent them back and got a refund.  Seller has relisted the figs and this time put and "no name known  mini figurines ~Star Wars".  Do I hammer the seller for selling fakes with a neutral or negative?

If he didn’t relist as Lego , it might be an honest mistake and they took accountability for their actions and fixed it . 

• Like 1

If he didn’t relist as Lego , it might be an honest mistake and they took accountability for their actions and fixed it . 

Agreed. The seller fulfilled their obligation to you. They may not even be aware that these mini figures are knockoffs and eBay is filled with listings selling bogus bricks and everything in between that isn’t lego.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 2/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I never heard of custom forms needed for mailing to US territories.  Were you using something other than USPS?

I was using USPS. eBay tech support (which was probably overseas, themselves) said that their system treats territories as foreign countries. And PayPal wouldn't even load shipping options because their services "don't ship to that country."

I think the buyer might have entered an address that USPS had trouble verifying.

55 minutes ago, mizeur said:

I was using USPS. eBay tech support (which was probably overseas, themselves) said that their system treats territories as foreign countries. And PayPal wouldn't even load shipping options because their services "don't ship to that country."

I think the buyer might have entered an address that USPS had trouble verifying.

Yeah, maybe. Best to just go outside eBay for that one if it doesn't affect your shipping cost too much. Haven't ran into that on eBay recently, but Customs forms are absolutely not required to ship from US States to PR.

Edit: and standalone Paypal wouldn't load either? Good grief. 

Edited by minicoopers11