Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

11 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

I might have to know what app this is so I can run as far away from it as possible.

Offerup, 99% people contact you with questions/requests like that but that 1% is still normal people. I listed today ucs tumbler and it sold within hours for $270 cash so as you see it's not always this bad. I have couple repeat customers locally too :) little bit here, little there, few sales on eBay and it all ads up to decent traffic.

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 3

I have two 0 feedback headaches from this weekend. One is on ebay, I posted in another thread, but basically he didn't completely fill out his address and so I don't know where to send it.

The other is on BL where a 0FB buyer bought a couple SW minifigs for $4-7 each and a FO Transporter box for $2.50, but somehow thought he was buying an entire FO Transporter set for $2.50

I understand, I've searched for a set and accidentally clicked on the box only listing, a weakness in the BL search imo, but I always catch it right away when I see the prices.

Or is the FO Transporter so bad, he thought he was doing me a favor by taking it off my hands for $2.50?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, donbee said:

I have two 0 feedback headaches from this weekend. One is on ebay, I posted in another thread, but basically he didn't completely fill out his address and so I don't know where to send it.

I have said this many times before, but this is cut-and-dry: Any, I repeat ANY issue with an address in EBay -> as a seller just cancel the sale, using the "Issue with address" cancellation reason. Ideally you first write a nice message to the buyer explaining them that you are cancelling and why, and that you will relist the item for them to purchase once they made the necessary changes. All this without any headache, and it costs you just $0.30 (thanks Paypal!), though some have managed to get that reversed as well.

• Like 2

Yeah the incomplete address with just the street number and nothing else has been big of late. Had 2 in 4 days last week. Just cancel.  Send an email stating you had to cancel for incomplete address and they are more than welcome to repurchase.  I'll put money on it they don't respond.  Last 2 or 3 haven't 

• Like 1

So I got a weird one on eBay tonight.......

fruitcake.PNG.209e92d252b67d0b91826e05c1ddce5c.PNG

Funny thing is that the set never sold....this buyer submitted a low best offer but that was it.  Checked their account....member since 2003, a seller and has over 700 positive feedback.  Scratching my head on this one.  Hijacked account? Trying a bluff to try and get money back, only got me confused with another account?  Not sure what to make of it, not worried about it :P.....just don't know what to make of it....(Although I am a little insulted by the customer service lecture :P)

• Like 3

IMO that is a little out of order and a polite threat, obviously they cant leave bad feedback because they have not actually purchased anything from you, they probably think they have purchased the item by making the offer, decent feedback does not mean they are not a bit thick in general.

I would continue scratching my head trying to figure it out with one hand whilst the other hand is entering the username in to the block bidder section :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

Funny thing is that the set never sold....this buyer submitted a low best offer but that was it.  Checked their account....member since 2003, a seller and has over 700 positive feedback.  Scratching my head on this one.  Hijacked account? Trying a bluff to try and get money back, only got me confused with another account?  Not sure what to make of it, not worried about it :P.....just don't know what to make of it....(Although I am a little insulted by the customer service lecture :P)

Personally, I'd report to eBay and then block. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

This buyer sounds a bit confused, and nervous about having made an offer on an item without reading the details about the set.

The buyer is trying to debate/lecture to get it all to go away (and yes, they do sound rude doing so).

It sounds like they are a bit tortured about it already (and obviously have no agenda, since nothing is actually happening). I would just respond with a thanks for getting in touch,letting me know - no problem at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

Sound like he don't want to accept the offer

6 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

My reply. 

Dear Sir/Madam- 

I fully understand my options and I choose to not accept your offer and add you to my blocked list.  Thanks for your understanding. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

Or if you are feeling brave, counter with an offer too good to refuse, then cancel when he accepts, per previous buyer request. Follow up with polite message thanking him for bailing you out since your counter offer was a typo anyway. Finally, ask him his best price on his time machine and make it clear you prefer the pieces sealed in plastic baggies since he has the tools to make that happen prior to shipping.

34 minutes ago, Phil B said:

People might be fruitcakes, but I strive to always be respectful in conversations. Nothing good comes from being snarky.

I've tried selling on Let Go and all I've come across are people who don't know how to spell and spell so badly that spell check can't even save them.  Their counter-offers are also terrible.  It's gotten so bad on the few items I have on there that I feel deleting the app is very close to the best solution as no one there is even a semi-serious buyer that I've found yet.