Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Guest TabbyBoy
25 minutes ago, Ma-gic said:

Cheers folks. I'm cool as I just ignored him after my response.
Just checked my message, he still bombing me with name calling. If it continues...I'm going to report to the site admin.

I'd report it anyway, there's no scope for name calling in any instance if it's not your fault.

two nightmares to share. 

I sold a creative tower on Ebay to someone in Alabama.  I live on the west coast so it was 20$ shipping.  Buyer makes sure to ask I pack it well and make sure it isnt damaged.

Guess what?  you are right, package gets damaged at the post office right before it gets to her.  Seller then posts pictures of the creative tower leaving out the important one.  The plastic band was severed and plastic bags inside were opened and legos missing.  

I just so happened to send this without insurance so im screwed.  She forces ebay to make me pay for return shipping and I ask her for one thing, to send me back the claim sticker that says it was damaged.  Of course she doesnt and says it my problem and she doesnt want to get involved.

Sold a uruk hai set to some chinese guy in California.  I relist as I had another one.  He asks me for two and I tell him I feel bad and only charge him for 5$ shipping for both sets.  He then proceeds to tell me how much I should sell them for basically looking a gift horse in the mouth.  I just then ignore him.  He then refuses the original package sent claiming I didnt send with enough postage.  30 minute call to the post office they said enough postage and he refused the item.  Ebay will probably make me eat the shipping on this too.

Just now, lodibricks said:

When it rains, it pours. :( Sorry to read that. Is there a way to ship bags of dog poo within a box so they self-ignite upon opening the box?
Delivery by drones! I think I'm onto something.

Inspector Gadget was always receiving exploding notes.  I'm sure you could vacuum seal something that ignited the poo when it was punctured during the opening.  Also you'd go to jail under suspicion of terrorism, so perhaps it isn't wise.  I'm more a fan of the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.   Just fly around the country, knock on the door, ask if that's their ebay handle, and punch them in the face.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a Fruitcake, a "Why so serious, have a laugh", a Complaint or a "Non-LEGO Daily Discussion" item, so I'm posting it here. Was shopping for Bosch dishwasher salt the other day and decided to compare prices at my usual haunt (Amazon) with EBay, given the 10% EBay bucks. Amazon was $32.99 plus tax for 2 2.2lbs bags and EBay had a few sellers with the same price (sans tax), plus one with "or Best Offer". Put in an offer for $60 for 4 bags which got accepted. Received the 4 bags today, dropshipped from Amazon. Rather roundabout way to get my usual product, but I saved $6 on the purchase plus got another $6 in EBay Bucks. I know the whole dropshipping theory, but it just feels weird to me that there is enough money in this transaction for the seller to keep offering this. I guess every penny counts ....

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Not sure if this is a Fruitcake, a "Why so serious, have a laugh", a Complaint or a "Non-LEGO Daily Discussion" item, so I'm posting it here. Was shopping for Bosch dishwasher salt the other day and decided to compare prices at my usual haunt (Amazon) with EBay, given the 10% EBay bucks. Amazon was $32.99 plus tax for 2 2.2lbs bags and EBay had a few sellers with the same price (sans tax), plus one with "or Best Offer". Put in an offer for $60 for 4 bags which got accepted. Received the 4 bags today, dropshipped from Amazon. Rather roundabout way to get my usual product, but I saved $6 on the purchase plus got another $6 in EBay Bucks. I know the whole dropshipping theory, but it just feels weird to me that there is enough money in this transaction for the seller to keep offering this. I guess every penny counts ....

any signature hair ?

15 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

while checking prices of this polybag before listing few myself, I found this (shipping isn't cheap either but putting $30 price tag on the poly itself seams like lying to potential buyers):

The price tag looks photoshopped. The perspective (or lack thereof) of the tag doesn't match the polybag.... he is charging 30.00 so I wouldn't say it's lying, but pretty scummy.

26 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The price tag looks photoshopped. The perspective (or lack thereof) of the tag doesn't match the polybag.... he is charging 30.00 so I wouldn't say it's lying, but pretty scummy.

Better than the opposite - was looking for a pic of the listing but cannot find it right now - Someone was putting up an item on EBay with the Target clearance sticker still on it in full view .... just an open invitation to get all sorts of lowballers to provide (un)sollicited offers .....

• Like 1

I wanna turn $100 in 4 months into 4 Gs too lol

Not only that, I want someone to crank me out a recipe for it, on a public forum.

I was going to reply "Simple, drive out to a mom&pop store far away in the English countryside and pick up an AT-AT for RRP. Sell for 250GBP. Go back to the store and buy 2 more AT-ATs. Sell those too. Keep repeating until you hit 4k GBP."

Unfortunately they put the thread On Hold :)

Not only that, I want someone to crank me out a recipe for it, on a public forum.

I was going to reply "Simple, drive out to a mom&pop store far away in the English countryside and pick up an AT-AT for RRP. Sell for 250GBP. Go back to the store and buy 2 more AT-ATs. Sell those too. Keep repeating until you hit 4k GBP."

Unfortunately they put the thread On Hold

I would've written, "if you're incapable of figuring out a plan by yourself, than you're incapable of implementing my plan."

Or
"Mail me the $100 and I'll mail you $4000 in 178 days."
  • Like 3

Not a fruitcake but an odd occurrence. I just sold an 850487 Halloween Graveyard Scene on eBay to somebody who lives in my same city. I just looked up their address and it is literally four blocks away from my house. I'm tempted to walk it over there right now and blow them away with extremely fast and efficient service. That would be a fun experience. I will still need to mail it though because eBay requires a tracking number to be uploaded or else I get dinged. Out of the thousands of sales I have made online, this is the first I can remember coming from my city. Anyone else ever have a similar experience?

I have this same set listed on my local Craig's for a better price. If they would have just checked there we both could have saved some money. I'll put a thank you note on their package and inform them of my items on there.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Not a fruitcake but an odd occurrence. I just sold an 850487 Halloween Graveyard Scene on eBay to somebody who lives in my same city. I just looked up their address and it is literally four blocks away from my house. I'm tempted to walk it over there right now and blow them away with extremely fast and efficient service. That would be a fun experience. I will still need to mail it though because eBay requires a tracking number to be uploaded or else I get dinged. Out of the thousands of sales I have made online, this is the first I can remember coming from my city. Anyone else ever have a similar experience?

I have this same set listed on my local Craig's for a better price. If they would have just checked there we both could have saved some money. I'll put a thank you note on their package and inform them of my items on there.

I had one sale in the same city and a couple about 15 mins away. It could be coincidence, but I know some people sort/filter by distance. I was very tempted to deliver it myself as well, but I figured it might be kind of creepy to the buyer. I didn't even think about the eBay tracking ding. :)