What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

20 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I won't touch these until they are sub-$40, and that discount only brings them to 1 for $60 or 2 for $55 each

You might reconsider. These are pure winners here in Europe. Just check ebay.de for fun. You can thank me later.

Edited by Ciglione

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

You might reconsider. These are pure winners here in Europe. Just check ebay.de for fun. You can thank me later.

Even I have nothing bad to say about JW. Try finding one at RRP around these parts and you´ll be struggling. Same happened last year.

Just now, Val-E said:

Even I have nothing bad to say about JW. Try finding one at RRP around these parts and you´ll be struggling. Same happened last year.

Here they are all gone. All in hands of the resellers.

Even the smallest one is very very hard to find.

Had to buy a truckload of these. Just curious how they will perform after the holidays.

I stopped by the Lego Store in Disney Springs today. Didn't buy anything. I'm not a big set hoarder, I like large stacks of small boxes. But they had them all in. Including Disney Castle.
Some things of note:
Full of JW, except IR. Only 2x VIP, and no gwp. So I didn't grab any.

The architecture shelf was surprisingly sparse. A smaller section than the last time I visited several months ago. Filled mostly with Louvre. I recall seeing a few flat iron.

ToA was there at full price. Actually, the only sale items I saw were the pirate chess set at $41.99 and some ninjago minifigs 4-packs for $11.99.
I'm not in the mood to part things out these days. So I passed on them.

I don't recall seeing any mixels or bionicles.

And curiously, at the race car track, there were lots of minifigs and their parts. I recognized lots of Afro hair pieces and one of the girls tops from the musicians tru gwp. Sand green 1x2 plates
And 1x1 bricks were mixed in as well, and available in the pick a brick wall.

I don't recall seeing Ideas sets, except a lot of the Submarine. I forgot to check for the others.

I did NOT buy any LEGO Batman Movie Minifigs today. They were restocking the shelves at one of my Targets and I noticed this on the cart:

IMG_20161221_084041.jpg

Of course I got all giddy inside - went to the closest "restocker" and she immediately yanked the box from the cart and said "This should not have been pulled, it's not to be released until Jan 1st". Darn.

I also didn't buy these .... where does Target keep getting them from? Weren't they all clearanced last year?

IMG_20161220_082538.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I also didn't buy these .... where does Target keep getting them from? Weren't they all clearanced last year?

IMG_20161220_082538.jpg

They have them online as well.  I'm surprised they didn't try to give these away for free with purchase like last year.  I'm not surprised they didn't come out with a new one this year.

4 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

They have them online as well.  I'm surprised they didn't try to give these away for free with purchase like last year.  I'm not surprised they didn't come out with a new one this year.

Why do a new one when they can't rid of last years?  lol

Glad I got rid of mine before these reappeared...again...at $9.99.

If you're near Brunswick, *** there's a BAM there with 3 Villa Savoy, a LInckln,3+ White Houses, 4+ Travis, a pair of mystery machines and a pair of haunted light houses that I left behind.
Already spent $300 in Atlanta and another $300 at this shop in Brunswick. Not gonna push it with my wife.

If you're near Brunswick, *** there's a BAM there with 3 Villa Savoy, a LInckln,3+ White Houses, 4+ Travis, a pair of mystery machines and a pair of haunted light houses that I left behind.
Already spent $300 in Atlanta and another $300 at this shop in Brunswick. Not gonna push it with my wife.

Would love to but I'm north of atl and that's a 300+ mile drive for me

I have passed on the Fire boats aswell. $40 still seems too steep for me. 

I sold the little ones from a few years ago for 55 plus shipping with $10 buy in and just sold a used fireboat similar to the one above but older model for $50 and it's missing pieces. I would have done an arm sweep

5 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

f7894e47dfb1173459b8305f29201cce.jpg

Not yet, but I'll keep an eye on 'em

How can something be marked "Clearance" when it was just put on store shelves and the movie isn't released for another month?!  Some crazy Walmart manager's way of moving inventory in a hee-haw market?