What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

I passed on some SH 50%. In particular the Harvester. I grabbed two, but left two. Even at 50% I'm not digging SUper Heroes. They haven't been as good to me. I think it's buyers fatigue. Spent too much money on 70+% off sets the last few weeks.

Hulkbuster is doing pretty good. I got a bunch at $15 during last years wm clearance. I haven't tried to sell any yet but last I checked it's around $50. But I agree with you on this round. Nothing really standing out. Only set I've gotten so far is a jestro volcano lair, and that's not for investment.

1 hour ago, Clintonjoseph said:

Just couldn't do it. Even with the extra 20% off coupon. What an awful looking set. Maybe the worst I've ever seen.

Same for me also passed on a bunch of Ninjago City of Stiix at $52 after coupon. Even Factory sealed cases of 2 the boxes were damaged. Now if they were $40 and 20% off probably would have grabbed them all. 

I've twice now passed by 50% off PPS (75825) and bought only 1 (the only box without damage) @ 50% off KPC (75826) at Target.  I think the castle will have some value as it looks like a decent castle.  The Pirate ship just looks too... ?cartoonish?  But it's going on weeks now since I first saw these sets at 50% off.  They've finally been moved to the junk, err, clearance rack though.

Target?

I'm guessing Target. That's the only place we've seen the ship on sale recently.

I've twice now passed by 50% off PPS (75825) and bought only 1 (the only box without damage) @ 50% off KPC (75826) at Target.  I think the castle will have some value as it looks like a decent castle.  The Pirate ship just looks too... ?cartoonish?  But it's going on weeks now since I first saw these sets at 50% off.  They've finally been moved to the junk, err, clearance rack though.

I love the ship. Didn't see the movie until just last week, but built the ship last year. It's a pretty good representation. Yes, it's a bit cartoony but it's from a cartoon :lol:
  • Like 1

Someone woke up earlier than me this morning and grabbed this when it appeared on EBay. Would have been great with the 8% bucks promo. Missing only a skeleton, a few small accessories and some cheeseslopes.

I hope one of you guys got it .....

59202ca752023_Screenshotfrom2017-05-2007-46-30.png.3f63d7945ce8ffc96d9487ed73b4a21a.png

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

Those sets will still be o the shelf next time you are on holiday there! I can still get Jabba and Mos for RRP but that´s what they are worth on Ebay.

Today I didn´t buy 2 x 41171 Emily Jones as I got them for free! Instantly 40 euros up - some of those Dragon sets are real kickers.

• Like 1

Those sets will still be o the shelf next time you are on holiday there! I can still get Jabba and Mos for RRP but that´s what they are worth on Ebay.
Today I didn´t buy 2 x 41171 Emily Jones as I got them for free! Instantly 40 euros up - some of those Dragon sets are real kickers.

See, just needed some of that Elves love to get back into it....