Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Next day and I'm still watching the marathon. They just started season 2 (Amok Time).

I noticed yesterday that they're broadcasting the bluray episodes with the enhanced VFX.

That made me realize I bought these on bluray 10 years ago, when it was the 40th anniversary. Time flies as you get older.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the BBC Louis theroux documentary on Jimmy Saville. Seems like Lego built a life size model for him (42 minute mark for anyone interested).

The Whole Saville story is so ridiculous, sometimes you just wonder how things like that went on for so long without anyone saying anything.

That being said, there is probably similar stories going on right now with big movie/pop stars, and people are to afraid to speak out.

I guess it's easy to pick on other people and how they could of said something to stop it all, different story when your in the situation, hope we all have the courage to speak the truth in all circumstances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07yc9zh/louis-theroux-savile

Screenshot_20161005-142442.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mhd747 said:
Just watched the BBC Louis theroux documentary on Jimmy Saville. Seems like Lego built a life size model for him (42 minute mark for anyone interested).
The Whole Saville story is so ridiculous, sometimes you just wonder how things like that went on for so long without anyone saying anything.
That being said, there is probably similar stories going on right now with big movie/pop stars, and people are to afraid to speak out.
I guess it's easy to pick on other people and how they could of said something to stop it all, different story when your in the situation, hope we all have the courage to speak the truth in all circumstances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07yc9zh/louis-theroux-savile

A very shocked me and sad story.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Pretty sure we'll see another Milano Spaceship (a la Quinjet). 

I'd agree, but didn’t we see the pricing on the new sets that suggested there wasn’t anything in the price range for a new Milano.  (or did I dream it?)  

It was Mr Maps in the Marvel & DC - general discussion.  

On 9/12/2016 at 3:19 PM, exciter1 said:
OK, 3 Guardians of the Galaxy sets will be released next year to coincide with the movie.  Will one of those be the Milano Spaceship?

I don't think so.  I saw that the prices are going to be cheap - like $20, $40, and $60.  Unless the $60 set is going to be Milano, but that would make it smaller scale.

This is what i was going on.  I was generally of the same opinion as i'd expect to see an new Milano, but James Gunn has been quoted 
“I’m making sure this time around the female characters are more represented in the toy world. Not only Gamora, but Mantis, Nebula, and Elizabeth Debicki’s character as well.”

so who knows.   

Incidentally 76020: Knowhere Escape Mission was the bestselling Lego Marvel set in 2014, and at $40.  

Edited by feed