Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I watched the first 2 seasons of black sails. Hard to watch all of those horrible people be awful sometimes. Other times it is totally engrossing.

I thought deathstroke was an amazing baddie in arrow season 2. Got sick of all the relationship melodrama though.

Nothing can be worse than the Lana drama on "Smallville".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I watched the first 2 seasons of black sails. Hard to watch all of those horrible people be awful sometimes. Other times it is totally engrossing.

It is a show about pirates, they are by definitions were/are selfish ******

I balance Black Sails by "watching" / listening to cheesefest called The Voice...  I am weird like that :D:D:D

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is a show about pirates, they are by definitions were/are selfish ******

I balance Black Sails by "watching" / listening to cheesefest called The Voice...  I am weird like that :D:D:D

I endure the voice because my wife watches it. I endure a lot of singing/talent shows. Sometimes in Tagalog.

The only 3 current series I actually sit down and 100% watch are Game of Thrones, Black Sails, and Star Wars Rebels.  Other shows are just background noise.  That is how good Rebels is, and it is only getting better.

Yeah usually have only a couple of shows that are must see when they air, with the others queuing up until I'm done. Rebels and Doctor Who were the biggies last year. Flash, LoT, Supergirl - those just turned into my day of shows this year.

Since I'm half way done with Doctor Who, that's my filler show when I'm caught up on the other three. Soon it will be Rebels.

• 2 weeks later...

Too over the top IMHO.  Just like Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven is a story of 7 men defending a town/village against a group of bandits.  The odds are already stacked against them, it does not need to include the gattling gun :P Western is supposed to be shootouts with pistols and riffles.  Once you bring military grade weaponry, there is no point in defending the town, the bad guys should just demolish the town and move on.

Why does everything need to be over the top nowadays?? :dontknow:

7 hours ago, exciter1 said:

"The Revenant" was good, I'd recommend it. I was a little disappointed in "The Hateful Eight", it felt too much like a stage play for the last half. "Bone Tomahawk" is also great.

I watched Hateful Eight. It just felt tired. The dialogue wasn't snappy, the violence was just splashy because people expect it out of his movies. They weren't shocking or interesting. None of the characters were charming. It all just felt like Tarantino wasn't thinking  or trying anymore.

4 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I watched Hateful Eight. It just felt tired. The dialogue wasn't snappy, the violence was just splashy because people expect it out of his movies. They weren't shocking or interesting. None of the characters were charming. It all just felt like Tarantino wasn't thinking  or trying anymore.

I am finding more and more that it is better to have Q.T involved as a producer, guest star or promoter than a filmmaker (e.g. like his role in Sukiyaki Western Jango).