Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:56 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

On 1 hand, Olivia Munn looks like Psylocke, on the other hand, I did not know Sansa Stark is the new Jean Grey... I could not bring myself to watch the movie with Wolvie going back in time

Amazingly Psylocke's outfit for the film matches very closely to her original attire....which Wolverine has commented about before. Heh. It will be interesting to see Olivia Munn play a serious role.

18 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Amazingly Psylocke's outfit for the film matches very closely to her original attire....which Wolverine has commented about before. Heh. It will be interesting to see Olivia Munn play a serious role.

Olivia Munn played serious role in Newsroom (HBO series) with Jeff Daniels.  It is an Aaron Sorkin series though, where IQ is measured by how fast a person can talk :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I don't watch that or Arrow.  Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.  I love all three.

I really liked Arrow for the first 2 seasons. Flash is a much more enjoyable show though. I haven't kept up with Legends of Tomorrow (Blame the wife for not being interested in it). Supergirl and Gotham did not hold my interest from very early on.

11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I really liked Arrow for the first 2 seasons. Flash is a much more enjoyable show though. I haven't kept up with Legends of Tomorrow (Blame the wife for not being interested in it). Supergirl and Gotham did not hold my interest from very early on.

Just didn't ever get into Arrow, only watch it for crossovers.  Flash is fantastic.  For me, I didn't watch Supergirl until I had about 10 episodes in the queue.  Then I spent two or three weeks binging them, and saw it transform to a much better show than it was early on.  At least, I enjoy it.  But, I'm a fan of the "traditional" Supergirl, from the 50s through the 80s, and this feels very much like her.   Legends of Tomorrow is great, because I never expected to get all those heroes in a TV show.  But Gotham never hooked me at all.

Does anyone watch Black Sails ? :pirate:  Excellent prequel to Treasure Island novel.  The characters from the novel lived among real pirates from the golden age of piracy era.

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

Gotham maybe great in some areas yet for me my turnoff being is there anyone remotely decent here in this city? Seems like every single person (even a bystander) has an agenda and is untrustworthy. If the focus was meant to entirely center around the scourge then they succeeded.

I have not watched any of these gritty superheroes series.  There are too many to keep up.  Funny how when I was younger I liked more "realistic" comics like Watchmen, Astro City, Batman Year One, Supreme Power, Star Wars Legacy, All Star Superman and Fables

I have to agree with @thoroakenfelder on first season of Arrow, the whole island stuffs were pretty cool.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones way better IMO

I don't doubt that DD and JJ are some good quality shows. I just haven't had time to watch them.

I can watch Supergirl, Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow with my 4 year old. Can't watch DD and JJ with him.

I'm hoping to start watching them by summer, after my shows are all over and I'm completely caught up. I'm still an entire season behind Star Wars Rebels and half a season behind on Doctor Who.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm still an entire season behind Star Wars Rebels

The only 3 current series I actually sit down and 100% watch are Game of Thrones, Black Sails, and Star Wars Rebels.  Other shows are just background noise.  That is how good Rebels is, and it is only getting better. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Does anyone watch Black Sails ? :pirate:  Excellent prequel to Treasure Island novel.  The characters from the novel lived among real pirates from the golden age of piracy era.

I have not watched any of these gritty superheroes series.  There are too many to keep up.  Funny how when I was younger I liked more "realistic" comics like Watchmen, Astro City, Batman Year One, Supreme Power, Star Wars Legacy, All Star Superman and Fables

I have to agree with @thoroakenfelder on first season of Arrow, the whole island stuffs were pretty cool.

I watched the first 2 seasons of black sails. Hard to watch all of those horrible people be awful sometimes. Other times it is totally engrossing.

I thought deathstroke was an amazing baddie in arrow season 2. Got sick of all the relationship melodrama though.