Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

That trailer is truly outrageous....just not in a good way. I may suspect The Misfits are behind this modern interpretation. :shifty: Then again I think even those bad girls had more self respect. Okay, to expect the film to be exactly like the animated source would be unrealistic in a number of ways. However this feels closer to Hannah Montana and well away from Jem. (Considering the YouTube aspect presented around the start of the trailer, this feels like the Justin Bieber story (in part) except with a young girl.)

Nothing here about Synergy or changing forms with fancy light effects and for a music centered character storyline, I didn't even notice any kind of musical score besides a couple of background riffs or whatever. I realize that was the first of many trailers to be shown as time goes by and hopefully the image starts to come together into something more recognizable. At this point funny to say but LEGO's own Popstar sets for Friends look more like Jem & the Holograms than this film so far.

• Like 1

I watched episode 1 last night.  That was 1 helluva episode.  Think of it as the Godfather, if it had taken place in Columbia.  Prepare for a lot of subtitles though 

I checked this out last night - had heard multiple places that it was pretty good. Glad I did - the first episode hooked me. The guy playing Escobar is great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...