What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, brickolodon said:

buying 10254 and selling Winter Holiday train...all day long.

Thought these would have gone up a bit more by now. Hoping they climb a bit before the holiday. Still think it'll be a good hold for the future assuming it doesnt turn into the next santas workshop............

4067823ecb672ce62922f3e09eb33d97.jpg

Slowly warming up to TRU. Went to buy a dimension character today (their exclusive) to find out there was a recall because of NFC disc not working...they had 3 ps4 bundles left so I bought all of them. Easiest money...supergirl is selling for over 40 dollars on eBay. Paid 39.99 each so parting this out has been worth it so far!

I asked the girl about the venom poly bag she had a small box and I asked to buy one (assuming the answer was no because of the 30 dollar promo) she said Sure! I asked to buy 10 she said ok. At 3.99 I think this poly bag is one of the best (value wise)

The other polys are from the BOGO 40% off. Bought FOG and AWPs.

• Like 1

Slowly warming up to TRU. Went to buy a dimension character today (their exclusive) to find out there was a recall because of NFC disc not working...they had 3 ps4 bundles left so I bought all of them.

I asked the girl about the venom poly bag she had a small box and I asked to buy one (assuming the answer was no because of the 30 dollar promo) she said Sure!

If you don't mind, which dimensions character disc is recalled?

This is Marceline 71285?

Interested what you were told.

Yes, my TRU selling venom poly too.

9 used Technic sets and a Tumbler. All complete with all parts, extras, instructions, and stickers still on sheets. Grand Prix, Ferrari F1, Crane Mark II, Blue Crawler Crane, Unimog, Service Truck, Super Car, Volvo Wheel Loader, and 24 Hour Racer. Put all but the Tumbler on BL as soon as I got home.  Two were sold within two hours. 

Thought I wasn't going to play in the whole Snow Globe fever, but did get myself one this morning - bought a 10252 VW Beetle, with Snowglobe and Calendar. Seeing the globes sell for $40 (so $30 profit) and given that I had $15 in points, not a bad transaction overall .... Beetle is for personal build, I'm again complete on all the Creator cars.

This is Marceline 71285?

Correct. They had 2 I was able to find. I brought it up and wasn't scannable. She said " oh this one got recalled the chip doesn't work" explains why it's not on their site anymore.
  • Like 1

Saw an End Portal 21124 at local Target today... had to get service desk to price match it to target.com to get it for $34 out-the-door. There was a little resistance... first service rep said "We cannot price match anything between Thanksgiving and Xmas"... not even Target.com? ... "No, I'm sorry."

So I decided to order it on the spot, for store pick-up.  Target.com said my store had "limited inventory" so I could not put it in my cart and buy it.  Went back to the service desk and explained my dilemma (still being very polite and patient). This time, and assistant manager got involved... she even took my phone and tried to order it for me... with no success, she said... "Okay... I'll do this price match just this one time..." I graciously thanked her.

Not even sure I really want it... maybe not a good investment... but we'll see. I may just build it with my son... we love the endermen. :)

• Like 3

4067823ecb672ce62922f3e09eb33d97.jpg

Slowly warming up to TRU. Went to buy a dimension character today (their exclusive) to find out there was a recall because of NFC disc not working...they had 3 ps4 bundles left so I bought all of them. Easiest money...supergirl is selling for over 40 dollars on eBay. Paid 39.99 each so parting this out has been worth it so far!

I asked the girl about the venom poly bag she had a small box and I asked to buy one (assuming the answer was no because of the 30 dollar promo) she said Sure! I asked to buy 10 she said ok. At 3.99 I think this poly bag is one of the best (value wise)

The other polys are from the BOGO 40% off. Bought FOG and AWPs.

Is that BOGO at 40% for the FOG still on? Or was it a Black Friday thing. I'm going to TRU tomorrow for a couple other things?

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

Saw an End Portal 21124 at local Target today... had to get service desk to price match it to target.com to get it for $34 out-the-door. There was a little resistance... first service rep said "We cannot price match anything between Thanksgiving and Xmas"... not even Target.com? ... "No, I'm sorry."

So I decided to order it on the spot, for store pick-up.  Target.com said my store had "limited inventory" so I could not put it in my cart and buy it.  Went back to the service desk and explained my dilemma (still being very polite and patient). This time, and assistant manager got involved... she even took my phone and tried to order it for me... with no success, she said... "Okay... I'll do this price match just this one time..." I graciously thanked her.

Not even sure I really want it... maybe not a good investment... but we'll see. I may just build it with my son... we love the endermen. :)

Some retailer policies are so moronic they boggle the mind, like not price matching to your own store's website.  Good lord.

My daughter's getting hooked to Minecraft as well....gonna have to buy a few for X-mas too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cozei said:

This is Marceline 71285?

I don't know about the recall, but I bought a Marceline and the disk did not work.  I returned it and the new one worked.

Is that BOGO at 40% for the FOG still on? Or was it a Black Friday thing. I'm going to TRU tomorrow for a couple other things?

Was before Black Friday. I believe it was Tuesday from 12-4pm. I didn't see anything worth while but buying one poly and getting the other for 3 dollars brings each one to 4 dollars. Not a huge difference but it adds up.

32 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

I don't know about the recall, but I bought a Marceline and the disk did not work.  I returned it and the new one worked.

I read (brickfan) that there is a problem with the chip/disc. The link to Marceline appeared at TRU last week but didn't work and then the link was removed. She no longer appeared in the Dimensions searches. I want her for the game but want her figure even more. I hope that they solve the problem and we see her in stores. 

2 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I ran into the same dilemma yesterday at a Target 45 miles from my house. They showed limited stock on 75150 at the online sale price of $57. When I got there they had two on the shelf. I brought them to the service desk to get a price match since it wouldn't let me put them in my cart online. They gave me the same speech and wouldn't budge. Wouldn't even match their own site, and they didn't care that I couldn't place the order online. The strange thing though is that another store about 15 miles away from this one showed one in stock and it let me place the order for pick up no problems. Strange...

• Like 1

I'm super excited as I just bought the Green grocery 400 Pet Shop 80, Fire Brigade 150, Grand Emporium 150, and Parisian Restaurant 70, all personal use in perfect condition!
I bought tons of city stuff at a great price all from a family in town.
Even better news they mentioned they had a family member with tons of Star Wars stuff they will contact me if I am interested.

• Like 7

I ran into the same dilemma yesterday at a Target 45 miles from my house. They showed limited stock on 75150 at the online sale price of $57. When I got there they had two on the shelf. I brought them to the service desk to get a price match since it wouldn't let me put them in my cart online. They gave me the same speech and wouldn't budge. Wouldn't even match their own site, and they didn't care that I couldn't place the order online. The strange thing though is that another store about 15 miles away from this one showed one in stock and it let me place the order for pick up no problems. Strange...

Do you allow the app to track your location? Maybe if the app knows you're in a store it is preset to deny your order. It's theoretically possible. Dickish, but possible.