What Lego set did you buy today?

29 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Ah if only. Pop quiz, just bought a non exclusive, with no points back, no vouchers and no promos of any kind, what did I buy.

Gotta be some retiring soon Nexo Knights, right?

These under-the-radar gems are definitely underhoarded so therefore due to explode in value due to scarcity next year,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tractorboy said:

41054?

Ssssssh, hidden gem there

26 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Maze?

God no, dullsville

47 minutes ago, Phil B said:

One of the TLBM sets if it's a new set, otherwise a Tardis.

Tardis at RRP, even Tabby's not that mad

58 minutes ago, Anomander said:

Gotta be some retiring soon Nexo Knights, right?

These under-the-radar gems are definitely underhoarded so therefore due to explode in value due to scarcity next year,

Says the guy who actually bought some Nexo Knights sets

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I do have lots of VIP points so I'll have to break my promise and buy something shortly ;-)

My main purchases this week have been boxes, refills for my air-bag machine (my favourite toy!) and packing tape.

EDIT: I've just spent my VIP points on a 10254 Winter Holiday Train for friends that also want one running around the bottom their Xmas tree, I just need to cannibalise another train set for the PF kit and part out the rest. I'm sticking to my guns and have still bought nothing for myself.

Edited by TabbyBoy

59 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I do have lots of VIP points so I'll have to break my promise and buy something shortly ;-)

My main purchases this week have been boxes, refills for my air-bag machine (my favourite toy!) and packing tape.

EDIT: I've just spent my VIP points on a 10254 Winter Holiday Train for friends that also want one running around the bottom their Xmas tree, I just need to cannibalise another train set for the PF kit and part out the rest. I'm sticking to my guns and have still bought nothing for myself.

What kind of boxes do you mostly buy and where do you buy them?

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Therightbruno said:

What kind of boxes do you mostly buy and where do you buy them?

I now buy mainly 2 sizes of box:

600x450x150mm - G30 heavy duty single wall of much better quality than Amazon's G30. These are for Red 5s, trains, large CITY and medium Technic. Cost 75p each.

450x350x160mm - UK Royal Mail Small Parcel size. These are perfect for smaller sets and I just fill any empty space with air-bags as LEGO do. Cost 22p each.

I get them at a large discount (-60%) from Lil Packaging in the UK by piggy-backing of a friend's much larger order. I'm not sure if they ship to Germany or not.

I also now have an air-bag machine which is brilliant and keeps the package weight down for cheaper postage. It also means that 1 layer instead of 3 layers of bubble-wrap is enough. It'll pay for itself within 3 months.

When I sell huge sets like the SSD or Sea Cow, I either re-use a LEGO "2x modular" box, buyer collects for cash or I deliver at 45p per mile within 30 miles. If it's a pallet load, I'll deliver free within 100 miles.

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I now buy mainly 2 sizes of box:

600x450x150mm - G30 heavy duty single wall of much better quality than Amazon's G30. These are for Red 5s, trains, large CITY and medium Technic. Cost 75p each.

450x350x160mm - UK Royal Mail Small Parcel size. These are perfect for smaller sets and I just fill any empty space with air-bags as LEGO do. Cost 22p each.

I get them at a large discount (-60%) from Lil Packaging in the UK by piggy-backing of a friend's much larger order. I'm not sure if they ship to Germany or not.

I also now have an air-bag machine which is brilliant and keeps the package weight down for cheaper postage. It also means that 1 layer instead of 3 layers of bubble-wrap is enough. It'll pay for itself within 3 months.

When I sell huge sets like the SSD or Sea Cow, I either re-use a LEGO "2x modular" box, buyer collects for cash or I deliver at 45p per mile within 30 miles. If it's a pallet load, I'll deliver free within 100 miles.

Many thanks Tabby!!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your airbag machine? was looking at these a couple of weeks ago, the wife and I get through loads of bubble wrap.

8 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'm hoping it's going to pull the t rex tracker up with it

Tracker seemed to be in stock at most outlets for much longer, I don't think it's as in demand. I have sold a few IR's already at various prices, a little worried that after christmas the demand might die.

Edited by blocp13