What Lego set did you buy today?

Like others also price matched at TRU and pulled the trigger on a minty UCS tie fighter referencing the 20% off deal at SAH. In my last order they had ran out of the usual gift cards and hence this could be used immediately. Hence total buy in of £115 and also got a free FO general poly and TRU figures and another £20 gift voucher.

19 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Like others also price matched at TRU and pulled the trigger on a minty UCS tie fighter referencing the 20% off deal at SAH. In my last order they had ran out of the usual gift cards and hence this could be used immediately. Hence total buy in of £115 and also got a free FO general poly and TRU figures and another £20 gift voucher.

It's good is'nt it ? Still got 25 £15 vouchers to get through yet

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm a bit jealous of all your TRU happy stories, I'm battling hard to try and get a refund out of them at the moment and not a single reply yet. However, LEGO responded the next morning with the following which isn't the exact answer I wanted but, I respect their position.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We’re sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience with one of our retailers. We work very hard to provide the best service we possibly can to our fans and their families. We know we're really lucky to have so many loyal fans around the world such as yourself. Unfortunately, due to our policy, I have to tell you to get in touch with their Customer Service, as you bought the LEGO sets from them. Furthermore we're not allowed to give away Phone numbers of other companies, due to our confidentiality agreements with partners. If you still require the retired sets in question, we will try our best to supply them to you at the same price you paid even though there's no guarantee that we can source them. Please email us a scan of your original receipt showing any discounts.

Listening to what LEGO fans have to say helps us get better and better we’ve passed your comments along to the team in charge of our retailers who will give your complaint serious consideration and act as appropriate.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link 

Please let us know if you need further assistance or anything else.

Kind regards,

LEGO® Service

UNQUOTE

Picked up from Tesco

x3 Death Star final dual @ £34.99

x1 IST @ £39.99 (-£8.50 club cards points)

All nicely packaged in a sturdy box opposed to bagged up.

Then just got sucked in by Lego for a TB at 20% off plus snowglobe!

Tower Bridge will be for a personal build as wanted this set for a while :)

• Like 1

Meijer 20% off coupon plus $5 reward coupon netted me a Changing Seasons for $26.99 (48% off). Stood doubting for a while as I could have picked up an AT-ST for the same price or a Deep Sea Helicopter for $22 (55% off). Son's not too much into SW (I still have a $35 FO tie waiting for him but he shrugged about it the few times I mentioned it) and I don't do SW reselling. Deep Sea Heli was tempting but would have been my only one, not interested in stocking up on more, plus bricks-wise the set is not such a good deal (only ~300 bricks).

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

Dropped off by couriers this morning:

5x 10218 (seal 37S6) Pet Shops at £107.99 each from John Lewis in factory boxes - all mint.

10x 60080 (seal 52S5) Spaceports at £32 each (staff deal via friend) from Asda in 2 double-walled boxes (useful for shipping SSD) - all mint.

As I keep saying... why can't other retailers ship the same way that the above do? That's why I prefer to buy from John Lewis & Asda!

Bought one 75102 Poe’s X-Wing Fighter late last night on Jet.com for under $51 before tax using the 20% off code from the Brick Picker’s community (the community is so awesome!) with free shipping and got a little more off because I used a debit card when I paid.  Saved 36.5% off RRP.  Paid using a Visa GC my wife and I got from a rebate so it was actually free!  Now I have one for my collection and one for investment.  Sweet!

• Like 4