What Lego set did you buy today?

You managed to get Quidco working for you? It's been down all day and when it xomes back it crashes again on the next reload.

Did it as soon as it went live just after midnight. Had to use top cashback to purchase my Vader ties. So lost a bit but can't complain with 50% off for a set that will be retiring soon and been out less then 6 months

14 hours ago, TheGallows said:

Went to TRU for some price matching

Kwik e mart £137.99

Technic 24race car £49.99

Space shuttle £34.99

Got 2 free minifigure packs and £40 back in Lego giftcards.

Also picked up my tescos order

3 Dr who @ £22ea

3 Poe X wing @ £33ea 

Thanks loads for this post, didn't realize TRU did this,

9 75103's first order transporter £40 each, 

6 75093 death star duel £35 each

4 75150 tie vs a wing £40 each

all separate transactions totaling £75 plus, added 2 Lincoln mems and 1 micro tie adv for my lad to build today to make up the 75093 orders.

and a nice £180 in gift cards, unfortunately my local was out of all free gifts apart from the first order minifigure.

also picked up 7 75919's from smyths 3 at rrp and 4 at £6 discount each.

also 3 white houses from tesco just felt i needed a few, think these look great and the white sets seem to do best.

i had ordered some 75103's from asda and tesco 3-4-2 before the price match post, so i might return these.

• Like 2

On 25/11/2016 at 1:46 AM, TabbyBoy said:

10x 60080 Spaceports off eBay at half price. These came from Tesco in good condition rather than bashed up from Argos. Seller has another 80 that I'm getting for £2,000 cash offline. These QFLLs are losing a lot of money by not waiting until next year like I will be ;-)

Also a VW T1 from SaH which should end up at £40 after 9.16% Quidco and selling snow globe. I already have 22x VW T1 so I'll build this one.

Damn! And there's me thinking the space ports had gone under your radar!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
52 minutes ago, doon73 said:

Damn! And there's me thinking the space ports had gone under your radar!

I check EVERY set on eBay for sold prices and this set has reached >RRP on occasion so it's a no-brainer. I'm thinking of listing mine for £84.99 next year. The rocket's done well so why not the shuttle?

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I check EVERY set on eBay for sold prices and this set has reached >RRP on occasion so it's a no-brainer. I'm thinking of listing mine for £84.99 next year. The rocket's done well so why not the shuttle?

in typical ebay fashion  i will list mine at £84.98

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, MoHu said:

in typical ebay fashion  i will list mine at £84.98

But, I include free postage as a mate works for DPD and I always include a free random polybag with a >£50 set. Good luck ;-)

54 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

But, I include free postage as a mate works for DPD and I always include a free random polybag with a >£50 set. Good luck ;-)

Always someone willing to undercut and usually their name is Tesco.

This might not be such a bad set for new investors to stock up on as the avoided the 4 year wait that jaded many of us and also got a lower price. Let´s see what happens, MJ is breaking out the popcorn as we speak.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

As I've said before, BP is a strange environment where competitors actually try to help each other out which just doesn't make good business sense. The biggest LEGO "player" I know (who has pallets upen pallets of UCS MF, SSD & R2-D2) doesn't post on any LEGO club or forum and plays his cards very close to his chest. However, he's been a BP member for a long time, has never posted a comment and never will. Sometimes I wish I was the same but, I've never posted my real "gems" ;-) If I didn't have my secret sets, it wouldn't be worth my while continuing with this.

I think 2017 will be the most significant year in the history of LEGO investing. I have a feeling that the majority will be bailing out by the end of next year.

As I've said before, BP is a strange environment where competitors actually try to help each other out which just doesn't make good business sense. The biggest LEGO "player" I know (who has pallets upen pallets of UCS MF, SSD & R2-D2) doesn't post on any LEGO club or forum and plays his cards very close to his chest. However, he's been a BP member for a long time, has never posted a comment and never will. Sometimes I wish I was the same but, I've never posted my real "gems" ;-) If I didn't have my secret sets, it wouldn't be worth my while continuing with this.
I think 2017 will be the most significant year in the history of LEGO investing. I have a feeling that the majority will be bailing out by the end of next year.

This person sounds like a collector to me.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

And bailing back in the following year once their absence removes the oversupply issue and causes profits to increase again with more goldrush newsflashes to fill slow news days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anomander said:

And bailing back in the following year once their absence removes the oversupply issue and causes profits to increase again with more goldrush newsflashes to fill slow news days.

It´s gonna take longer than a year to right things. I think the negative spiral started in mid 2015 and we are going to need 4-5 years before supply and demand become equal again. Make that 100 years for Benny´s Spaceship,Exo and The Maze.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

This person sounds like a collector to me.

I doubt it unless he needs serious therapy. I can't imagine any collector with over 100 (yes 100) 10179s and hundreds more SSDs & R2-D2. The funny thing is that he told me a long time ago that he wasn't interested in buying the old Death Star, Ewok Village or new Sand Crawler. He seems to know his onions (translation to US required?) so, I've not bought any of those 3 sets either!

There was a time when you could order 99x of each set from LEGO Shop at Home and he had the balls to do just that. Oh... he has about 500 modular Fire Brigades too!

@Emazers... does your brother live in the UK near Southampton? ;-)

BTW... I bought 2x WALL-E just now from LEGO Shop at Home to (hopefully) get 9.16% back via Quidco and another snow globe. May repeat tomorrow and Monday.

I doubt it unless he needs serious therapy. I can't imagine any collector with over 100 (yes 100) 10179s and hundreds more SSDs & R2-D2. The funny thing is that he told me a long time ago that he wasn't interested in buying the old Death Star, Ewok Village or new Sand Crawler. He seems to know his onions (translation to US required?) so, I've not bought any of those 3 sets either!
There was a time when you could order 99x of each set from LEGO Shop at Home and he had the balls to do just that. Oh... he has about 500 modular Fire Brigades too!
@Emazers... does your brother live in the UK near Southampton? ;-)
BTW... I bought 2x WALL-E just now from LEGO Shop at Home to (hopefully) get 9.16% back via Quidco and another snow globe. May repeat tomorrow and Monday.

If he ain't selling, he's a collector.
  • Like 2