What Lego set did you buy today?

I have been selling these in the store I work at for $4. No tax. No shipping costs. Walk away with toy.

I actually kind of regret buy the lot.  I put in a best offer of $2.75 not thinking the guy would accept and he did.  It's only $6.68 total, but I still feel like I'll lose money on these down the line.  I'll just keep them and sell them for $5 a piece at a yard sale or something.

How do you look for items in a specific store? I've seen where it says "in stores only" but clicking on that does nothing.

I schmoozed the girl working customer service for a bit, then casually (ha ha) mentioned a few sets I was interested in. We flirted a bit, she looked them up, even gave me the item codes they use internally at TRU and scribbled down the phone numbers for the other stores. Had almost as much fun arranging it as I did picking up the SSD. Damn! I should have asked for HER number, too...

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I actually kind of regret buy the lot. I put in a best offer of $2.75 not thinking the guy would accept and he did. It's only $6.68 total, but I still feel like I'll lose money on these down the line. I'll just keep them and sell them for $5 a piece at a yard sale or something.

Sell them on eBay. Break even or take a loss (not losing much) fulfill the top rated seller requirements, build feedback.
  • Like 1

I actually kind of regret buy the lot.  I put in a best offer of $2.75 not thinking the guy would accept and he did.  It's only $6.68 total, but I still feel like I'll lose money on these down the line.  I'll just keep them and sell them for $5 a piece at a yard sale or something.

Unfortunately a lot of those small Star Wars polybags are so overproduced, they aren't worth picking up unless they have a licensed figure and were a store exclusive, AND you got them for like half off.

Hi

New to the site.  Thought I'd initiate myself through this thread.  Bought the R2 set yesterday and have been tossing around the idea of getting the DS or allocating the funds instead to purchasing a couple more R2 units or Red Five X-Wings.  From an investment point of view I'm not sure how much the DS will appreciate relative to either the R2 or X-Wings.  Would love to read any opinions you folks may have on this

Thanks

Hi

New to the site. Thought I'd initiate myself through this thread. Bought the R2 set yesterday and have been tossing around the idea of getting the DS or allocating the funds instead to purchasing a couple more R2 units or Red Five X-Wings. From an investment point of view I'm not sure how much the DS will appreciate relative to either the R2 or X-Wings. Would love to read any opinions you folks may have on this

Thanks

Welcome. R2 is awesome and should do well. I would say try and snag a Ssd if you can find one pop online for a quick moment. If not I'd stick with the ds. There are so many xwings and I doubt it's close to eol. Would think after 6 years, death star has to kick the bucket soon

I went to a garage sale today that I found on CL, and there was a bin of Lego for $125. I was able to negotiate the price down to $85. The bin included various sets from the 90's and early 2000's.

Right on! Any great/significant sets worth mentioning?

Welcome. R2 is awesome and should do well. I would say try and snag a Ssd if you can find one pop online for a quick moment. If not I'd stick with the ds. There are so many xwings and I doubt it's close to eol. Would think after 6 years, death star has to kick the bucket soon

ditto.  leave those x-wings at the store unless you are dying to build one. 

ditto.  leave those x-wings at the store unless you are dying to build one. 

Also what I was thinking as well.  I suppose there is time left to build the xwing stock.  However for fun I was looking at a 7965 MF.  I believe everyone should have that on display regardless.  

As for the SSD I haven't been able to find one other than secondary market.  If I have to go there for a UCS piece it's going to be the Imperial Star Destroyer or MF.  

Also what I was thinking as well. I suppose there is time left to build the xwing stock. However for fun I was looking at a 7965 MF. I believe everyone should have that on display regardless.

As for the SSD I haven't been able to find one other than secondary market. If I have to go there for a UCS piece it's going to be the Imperial Star Destroyer or MF.

They keep coming up every do often in stock for whatever reason. After 3 weeks of hunting them I finally got an order in. That would be your best investment right now for start wars but it may be too late

They keep coming up every do often in stock for whatever reason. After 3 weeks of hunting them I finally got an order in. That would be your best investment right now for start wars but it may be too late

I think it may be too late but will definitely keep my eyes peeled.  A lot of places don't ship to Canada for whatever reason which really compounds the difficulty in getting my hands on a lot of pieces.

I stopped by the Mom & Pop pharmacy to pick-up the Deluxe Brick Box (5508) for $49.99.  I thought I snapped a picture of it on the shelf, but didn't have it when I got home.  They were doing inventory, so I was sneaking pictures.  Pretty much all of these are MSRP, except (6166), which is $39.99 for some unknown reason.

They have 2 Helm's Deep and 2 Jabba's Palace.

• Like 2

I stopped by the Mom & Pop pharmacy to pick-up the Deluxe Brick Box (5508) for $49.99. I thought I snapped a picture of it on the shelf, but didn't have it when I got home. They were doing inventory, so I was sneaking pictures. Pretty much all of these are MSRP, except (6166), which is $39.99 for some unknown reason.

They have 2 Helm's Deep and 2 Jabba Palace.

This is how I found my JPs and HD earlier this week. Gotta love Mom and Pop shops during times like this.

Can you get me a space shuttle for my son if it's a good deal? :)

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app