What Lego set did you buy today?

Out of curiousity, I entered it into the Lego Lot Calculator.... $3000.59 in new condition, which equals 2207.48 euros. Not to dampen your spirits, but I guess it is an OK buy, not great or outstanding. I'd probably look to get it down to 1400 euros or less, to get a better margin of profit.

Still, getting so many MISB sets is exciting! Have fun going through the lot!

I had to buy it for 2K, because this man have so so so many more sets, now today I collect them from his 120 m2 storage.

A real Lego dream!

The best part...... he want to sell a lot and guess what..... who's gonna buy it......???  :rofl:

So many sets all sealed in top condition, my lucky day!

post-15318-0-91802800-1405009180_thumb.j

post-15318-0-64787900-1405009183_thumb.j

post-15318-0-44804200-1405009186_thumb.j

• Like 2

I had to buy it for 2K, because this man have so so so many more sets, now today I collect them from his 120 m2 storage.

A real Lego dream!

The best part...... he want to sell a lot and guess what..... who's gonna buy it......??? :rofl:

So many sets all sealed in top condition, my lucky day!

Unlike older refreshed Batman & Harry Potter sets from the 2000s , I haven't had much luck selling refreshed SW sets (even sealed) so I stopped and "unloaded" them. My perspective buyers told me most SW sets didn't age well since the new refreshes were usually much better.

What is your plan for these sets? I assume you can undercut other sellers...

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

I haven't had much luck selling refreshed SW sets (even sealed) so I stopped and "unloaded" them. My perspective buyers told me most SW sets didn't age well since the new refreshes were usually much better.

When you say "refreshed" what years would you be referring to?  Aren't sets that didn't age well older so they haven't been refreshed and aren't newer?  Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.  Just wanted you to clarify.

When you say "refreshed" what years would you be referring to? Aren't sets that didn't age well older so they haven't been refreshed and aren't newer? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question. Just wanted you to clarify.

For example, the 10144 Sandcrawler was refreshed with 75059

For example, the 10144 Sandcrawler was refreshed with 75059

I think a better word would be remade instead of refreshed. Several of the older Star Wars sets have been remade over the years like the Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Landspeeder etc. In some cases, the remade version is a better build so the old ones lose a little value because of it.

I think a better word would be remade instead of refreshed. Several of the older Star Wars sets have been remade over the years like the Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Landspeeder etc. In some cases, the remade version is a better build so the old ones lose a little value because of it.

So that needs to be taken into consideration when investing then, right?  Just because it's older doesn't mean it will be worth more than a newer set because the newer set might have been built better and it may have better minifigures or something exclusive in the set.  I am I right?

Unlike older refreshed Batman & Harry Potter sets from the 2000s , I haven't had much luck selling refreshed SW sets (even sealed) so I stopped and "unloaded" them. My perspective buyers told me most SW sets didn't age well since the new refreshes were usually much better.

What is your plan for these sets? I assume you can undercut other sellers...

I keep a few for my own collection, the rest will be sold on-line.

I buy a lot of already retired sets, Star Wars, City, Technic, Ferrari, Trains and Western.

Only from collectors or old shop stocks and only sealed sets. 

So that needs to be taken into consideration when investing then, right?  Just because it's older doesn't mean it will be worth more than a newer set because the newer set might have been built better and it may have better minifigures or something exclusive in the set.  I am I right?

I think it's tough to say with the medium sized sets ($100-$140), especially when they change up the mini figures. The second Millennium Falcon looks way better than the first one to me, and it has Empire Strikes Back figures, but its worth less than the original. There are several X-Wings and it depends on if you want the Dagobah Luke + Yoda, or the flight suit version. 

I hope the guy that got this huge lot lets us know how much it flipped for later. Would be interesting to see.

remade, refreshed, etc... all the same thing.

YES.  Once sets are refreshed, the previous one decreases 99% of the time.  there are plenty of threads about this.  PM me if you want more info.

YES.  Once sets are refreshed, the previous one decreases 99% of the time.  there are plenty of threads about this.  PM me if you want more info.

Didn't know about the previous threads and I won't start up a conversation about this here.  I don't want to get off topic here and I can research the other threads.  I might PM you.  Thanks for the info. 

I think it's tough to say with the medium sized sets ($100-$140), especially when they change up the mini figures. The second Millennium Falcon looks way better than the first one to me, and it has Empire Strikes Back figures, but its worth less than the original. There are several X-Wings and it depends on if you want the Dagobah Luke + Yoda, or the flight suit version. 

I hope the guy that got this huge lot lets us know how much it flipped for later. Would be interesting to see.

I let you know when made my first sale from this lot.

Someone's getting ready for Christmas. Enjoy. Hopefully those sets will sell well during the Christmas season.

Martin, so true. If these don't sell, the wife will be throwing all these pink boxes at me. Honestly, I never been around so much pink and I have a young daughter. I also dislike the color pink so I probably jinxed myself.

• Like 2

Martin, so true. If these don't sell, the wife will be throwing all these pink boxes at me. Honestly, I never been around so much pink and I have a young daughter. I also dislike the color pink so I probably jinxed myself.

I think your picture might have been tagged in the post you wanted deleted, not sure.

Castle

70402 - The Gatehouse Raid: $18.18 (Target)

City

30226 - Police Helicopter: $3.99 (Target)

60003 - Fire Emergency: $19.98 (Target)

60019 - Stunt Plane: $9.98 (Target)

60021 - Cargo Heliplane: $22.48 (Target)

60027 - Monster Truck Transporter: $20.98 (Target)

Legends of Chima

70007 - Eglor's Twin Bike: $17.48 (Target)

70136, 70137, 70138, 70139, 70140: $5 each (Wal-Mart)