Retiring Soon - open speculation

12 minutes ago, cladner said:

this set went sold out in US at end of last month and retired in other countries.

not on any list i've seen.  picked up a few the last couple days from walmart.com where they had them for $18ish.

image.thumb.png.3be48463ebf3b131814989dc8c555982.png

image.thumb.png.1503a6f874b85d325a1cac045c12e9d1.png

Color me shocked it wasn't already retired. When another parent told me this is what their gift was at a birthday party a couples months back, I was like, huh, I thought I bought all those a year and a half ago (I had).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

That's the story. Next January, there will be 5 modulars on the market: AS, Bookstore, Police Station, Hotel, and Jazz Club. Seems like two too many.

Lego clearly can handle more sets in rotation at one point, at least online. My store is small, so older sets are often not on the shelves. 

They will prob let 2 go next year. DO and BB went together. I think TH and something went in the same year too, maybe GE. 

1 hour ago, cladner said:

this set went sold out in US at end of last month and retired in other countries.

not on any list i've seen.  picked up a few the last couple days from walmart.com where they had them for $18ish.

image.thumb.png.3be48463ebf3b131814989dc8c555982.png

image.thumb.png.1503a6f874b85d325a1cac045c12e9d1.png

Fleet and Farm still has these for $19.99

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1375082-lego-dots-creative-party-kit-41926-diy-craft-decorations-kit.htm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

They'll do anything to move that Bowsers airship. Man, what a dud that one is shaping up to be. 

1 minute ago, redcell said:

Looks like bad news for the Architecture fans out there.  Appears as though Paris, New York, and London were all extended for at least one more year.

Architecture is dead....it was a fantastic line for adult collectors and for investment. But now they extend the shelf lives way too far and they have failed to come up with anything new or desirable for some time now. Very sad as I was an Architecture completionist, but have now lost all of my interest in Architecture.

Also...every time I walk into my storage....I feel like my New York's and London's are outright mocking me! Where's the dead money thread?!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Architecture is dead....it was a fantastic line for adult collectors and for investment. But now they extend the shelf lives way too far and they have failed to come up with anything new or desirable for some time now. Very sad as I was an Architecture completionist, but have now lost all of my interest in Architecture.

Also...every time I walk into my storage....I feel like my New York's and London's are outright mocking me! Where's the dead money thread?!

Sad, as this was the line that got me back into lego at BN.  I just looked back and other than this year’s Singapore Walmart clearance I haven’t bought a single architecture set since 2017 Guggenheim, and haven’t built an arch set since the three 2016 Skylines. 

Icons, sets like the colosseum and Eiffel Tower are the new Arch. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Architecture is what got me back into Lego also.  I do think the Great Pyramid set that came out this year is nice but it's the first good set they've released in a few years. I was never a fan of the skyline sets and they kind of killed my interest in the line. I still have my Fallingwater and Robie House on display and probably always will.  

10 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Architecture is dead

please keep telling people this.

17 hours ago, redcell said:

Looks like bad news for the Architecture fans out there.  Appears as though Paris, New York, and London were all extended for at least one more year.

hasnt this been common knowledge for months now?