Retiring Soon - open speculation

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

not if they release Season 2 of BofB

The way I look at it, Lego is done as its retired. 

With regards to Amazon's stockpile - based on precedent it appears Lego makes them a massive amount at the year end of retirement, in this case a couple of months ago. 

Any future show should have no bearing on production (supply) but will be a massive boon to demand.

diamondhands fellas

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I heard it was done

Last weeks rumors have it back on... take with grain of salt obv. but in any case its a lock that he will appear in MAndo season 3 per reports and sightings.

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

The way I look at it, Lego is done as its retired. 

With regards to Amazon's stockpile - based on precedent it appears Lego makes them a massive amount at the year end of retirement, in this case a couple of months ago. 

Any future show should have no bearing on production (supply) but will be a massive boon to demand.

diamondhands fellas

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Last weeks rumors have it back on... take with grain of salt obv. but in any case its a lock that he will appear in MAndo season 3 per reports and sightings.

this would be true...if we didn't have examples of recent "un-retirements"

boba is simply too popular...(unlike the Tie Pilot which is rather obscure and niche)

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Which version of Boba ? The one from BoBF or the raging badass from Mando s2 ? 

Methink only 1 of these translates to great sales

Methink if amazon runs out of supply they will set a price limit, killing any opportunity for future sales 😒

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Lego 10266

Amazon, Target, BB, WM, BN, all = OOS

only Lego left

Surprise early retirement?

AMZN WM had blowout earlier today at 70$ and sold out in an hour or so

Thought this was supposed to go July this year.

On 6/2/2023 at 9:38 PM, cladner said:

updated june list.  

hp astronomy tower , sonic, atari pushed back a year...

large shelf warmer 11020 and avatar duds are getting bumped up a year to 2023.

Astronomy tower getting a new year irks me a bit. I went pretty deep on this one. Ah well, not every move works out. :)

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Astronomy tower getting a new year irks me a bit. I went pretty deep on this one. Ah well, not every move works out. :)

The first wave of HP haven't been doing well, I've had better luck with the Quidditch Set. Doesn't help that they remade hogwarts express and whomping willow. I'm quite selective of which HP sets to buy now. 

Edited by coelian

7 minutes ago, coelian said:

The first wave of HP haven't been doing well, I've had better luck with the Quidditch Set. Doesn't help that they remade hogwarts express and whomping willow. I'm quite selective of which HP sets to buy now. 

Have to be selective on these themes. Made a killing on Aragog’s Lair from that wave. Picked up a few of the Thestral set out currently due to unique figures and creatures. 

27 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Such a strange decision. The other sets that the tower connects to are all gone. I'm hoping it sticking around drives demand for the Great Hall and Clock Tower. 

19 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Have to be selective on these themes. Made a killing on Aragog’s Lair from that wave. Picked up a few of the Thestral set out currently due to unique figures and creatures. 

Found Hospital Wing on clearance already at Walmart for $28 yesterday. I was surprised with that one.

• 5 weeks later...

Need an opinion that is related to retirement.  Received a crushed Winnie the Pooh set and need to return it.  Set is backordered until July 29th.  Do you think it would be more advantageous to have them send a replacement when it comes back in stock or should I just get a full refund and try to order the set later in hopes of getting another gwp with it?  I would assume my replacement set would take precedence first so I would be more apt to get the replacement set.  I am just worried about not getting the set as I do not know how much stock they have left.  Probably thinking too much about this ha. 

51 minutes ago, stackables said:

Need an opinion that is related to retirement.  Received a crushed Winnie the Pooh set and need to return it.  Set is backordered until July 29th.  Do you think it would be more advantageous to have them send a replacement when it comes back in stock or should I just get a full refund and try to order the set later in hopes of getting another gwp with it?  I would assume my replacement set would take precedence first so I would be more apt to get the replacement set.  I am just worried about not getting the set as I do not know how much stock they have left.  Probably thinking too much about this ha. 

They just sent me 4 winnie the poohs that were backordered until September. But if you are worried sometimes it worth exchanging it in store next time you go if they happen to have them (calling ahead).

• Like 1