Retiring Soon - open speculation

20 hours ago, joesnow2005 said:

How many are you holding this set: LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093. Amazon is selling forever. And it doesn't help with sellers like this one:

42093.png

which tool are you using to see stock amounts?

19 hours ago, landphieran said:

The Corvette was a set I really wanted to invest in and ended up missing the sales so I didn't buy any. Hagrids hut was a set my GF was telling me was going to be super popular. Me knowing nothing about Harry Potter thought it was ugly and didn't buy any. I did get stuck with my fair share of 41395 Friendship bus's and Jurassic Baronyx. We're all just trying to dodge landmines.

I wonder what this years landmines will be?

ToT is a safe bet

On 10/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, dennugsmello said:

Good news. I’m thinking this one will do really well. My gut is telling me this was a back burner set for buyers and sellers alike. 

Is it worth the space and money, not to mention it's difficult to ship. I have one for my own collection but am on the fence for this one. 

I may hit it if there is enough stock left over for black friday where i will see 30% off at a local retailer. They still have 72 in stock today for 20% off but I'm not pulling the trigger. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, 1x1 said:

Is 42096: Porsche 911 RSR finally going to retire this year?  Brickset says it is but it's not on the Stonewars list.  It's been around a long time for a Technic set.

LEGO just recently increased the MSRP by 25% for the European market (159,99 € - 199,99 €), the set saw a small increase at the beginning of this year as well (+10 €).

Therefore, I'd consider it highly unlikely this set will retire any time soon, most definitely not this year, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

so its off to the brooms...er.. races?

14 months with limited availability in the USA, still plentiful in other regions, first golden minifigure set to retire. Amazon listing looks suppressed, ebay is $10 more. I went deep on these but with a great buy in.  2 years 3X-5X would be nice.  

On 10/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, 1x1 said:

Is 42096: Porsche 911 RSR finally going to retire this year?  Brickset says it is but it's not on the Stonewars list.  It's been around a long time for a Technic set.

The Brickset data is not reliable at this point.  42096 has been off of the list for 2021 for some months now.

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

14 months with limited availability in the USA, still plentiful in other regions, first golden minifigure set to retire. Amazon listing looks suppressed, ebay is $10 more. I went deep on these but with a great buy in.  2 years 3X-5X would be nice.  

Maybe good on paper, but Amazon said FU to the ASIN. :(  We live in a world controlled by Lord Bezos

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

1. Bezzos has a better ring to it :P
2. That shirt probably costs more than what I make per month

1. I agree with you there.

2. That is no doubt true...it never fails to amaze me how much you have to pay to look that ridiculous:

https://mausandhoffman.com/mens-clothing/mens-woven-shirts/firenze-paisley-sport-shirt-SSH1-135753

https://mausandhoffman.com/mens-clothing/mens-woven-shirts/queue-for-the-zoo-print-liberty-of-london-shirt-SSH1-134961

https://mausandhoffman.com/mens-clothing/mens-woven-shirts/ardito-print-sport-shirt-SSH1-136064

• Haha 2