Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 11/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, Stonebreaker said:

LEGO just recently increased the MSRP by 25% for the European market (159,99 € - 199,99 €), the set saw a small increase at the beginning of this year as well (+10 €).

Therefore, I'd consider it highly unlikely this set will retire any time soon, most definitely not this year, that's for sure.

I didn't think so but was just hoping really.  I don't think any of the sets that went up in the recent increases are retiring which would obviously make sense.  It's just that it's been around an unusually long time for a Technic set and I really want it to end!

You can probably guess I've got a lot of them.  

At least I got them for a great price though so after the increase even if I sell them around RRP I'd be doing very well.  It'd be nice if it had gone a couple of years ago though......

On 11/2/2022 at 3:29 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

1. Bezzos has a better ring to it :P
2. That shirt probably costs more than what I make per month

Bozo would suit better, or "Benzos"

Money cannot buy style, he look like Uncle Creepy. The woman looks like a cheap ho... can't he pose with a classier looking woman? 

Edited by ED-209

6 hours ago, ED-209 said:

Bozo would suit better, or "Benzos"

Money cannot buy style, he look like Uncle Creepy. The woman looks like a cheap ho... can't he pose with a classier looking woman? 

That's his GF  Lauren Sanchez. Her net worth was around US$30 million when they started dating or whatever.

Edited by vasp

9 hours ago, ED-209 said:

The woman looks like a cheap ho... can't he pose with a classier looking woman? 

Square jaw, masculine features = High sex drive. 

Old sexless marriage Jeff needed to catch up on missed opportunities. What's the point of being a billionaire if you aren't getting any on the daily.

• Haha 1

Just now, BrickLover80 said:

What does everyone make from the constant Treehouse sales? First Lego increased the price to $250 but now it's everywhere for $175. 30% off is something we'd expect from a retiring set. It's probably wishful thinking but could there be a surprise retirement?

I think at this point supply outweighs demand, and that stores are wanting to unload the bulk. It's not going this year either way. Perhaps they move it to 2023 instead of the current date of 2024.

30 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

surprise retirement

Supposedly no set with an 8/1/22 price increase should have a 1/1/23 retirement, but waiting to see. 

There are now 3 new Lego manufacturing plants, Mexico, China and TX,  since the days of "Better than Gold", and now that supply chain disruptions are resolved there seems to be no shortage on the supply side. That combined with decreased demand for multiple reasons is leaving a glut. No set over the price of $50 that had an 8/1 price increase is OOS on Lego dot com. It will be interesting to see how long Titanic and Diagon last this time since they can not be had elsewhere. 

Supposedly no set with an 8/1/22 price increase should have a 1/1/23 retirement, but waiting to see. 
There are now 3 new Lego manufacturing plants, Mexico, China and TX,  since the days of "Better than Gold", and now that supply chain disruptions are resolved there seems to be no shortage on the supply side. That combined with decreased demand for multiple reasons is leaving a glut. No set over the price of $50 that had an 8/1 price increase is OOS on Lego dot com. It will be interesting to see how long Titanic and Diagon last this time since they can not be had elsewhere. 
Don't forget the new plant opening in Richmond VA. Supposed to start production there by 2025.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Candidates for this year's T-Rex (Sudden disappearing off shelves in october / november)?

Looks like sesame street. Only left in B & N at this point.

I was hoping it was going to be Home Alone but the price increase so it won’t be. 
The Pickup Truck will be this year’s Crocodile. 

8 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

LEGO Star Wars: A New Hope Imperial Star Destroyer 75252 Ultimate Collector Series Building Kit (4,784 Pieces)

is gone everywhere in the USA. Close to 1k already on Amazon. Stealth winner here.

940 - 110$ Fee's - 625 (on sale no tax buy-in) - 40$ shipping = ~165$ profit (20%)

Not terrible... Until one gets damaged and returned, it gets restocked and you have a return. Id look for 1300 or so before I call it a win.

A lot of stuff is out of stock right now, almost too much? I'm wondering if places are holding stuff or have shipments timed for Black Friday week. TBD.

Edited by landphieran

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

A lot of stuff is out of stock right now, almost too much? I'm wondering if places are holding stuff or have shipments timed for Black Friday week. TBD.

id tend to agree but its out across the board, WM/ AMZ / TGT / BB / KOHLS / LEGO.COM. Most likely its gone for good, save a few sputtering restocks. Yoda & Sesame pretty much the same.

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

940 - 110$ Fee's - 625 (on sale no tax buy-in) - 40$ shipping = ~125$ profit (20%)

Not terrible... Until one gets damaged and returned, it gets restocked and you have a return. Id look for 1300 or so before I call it a win.

Plus 5% Walmart CC and cashback puts buyin closer to 550, but anyways didnt mean to sell now necc., just a nice little jump right out of the gate portends well. only 13 sellers and 8k sales rank bode well also, (yes i realize that will change but still)

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

id tend to agree but its out across the board, WM/ AMZ / TGT / BB / KOHLS / LEGO.COM. Most likely its gone for good, save a few sputtering restocks. Yoda & Sesame pretty much the same.

Plus 5% Walmart CC and cashback puts buyin closer to 550, but anyways didnt mean to sell now necc., just a nice little jump right out of the gate portends well. only 13 sellers and 8k sales rank bode well also, (yes i realize that will change but still)

I was looking into this set a few weeks ago when Walmart dropped the price to $625.  It was already flickering in all retailers and prices on eBay were pushing past retail with bids.  I generally don't like to wrap up too much in extra large sets but I bought a couple extra and think it will do well (as long as they don't surprise us with another revision).  I think $1300 is a good target and $1500+ could happen with some extra time.