Retiring Soon - open speculation

18 minutes ago, EctoG63AMG said:

Brick Fanatics is the National Enquirer of the Lego world. I take everything with a grain of salt that they put out as they’re often way off target with their “forecasts” and made up sources. 

they were pretty damn accurate last year:  https://www.brickfanatics.com/every-lego-set-retiring-2022-january-update

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Treehouse, Pooh, Bookshop. Big misses there. Few others.

Originally that early in year it will show that.  Usually the exclusive extensions come Sept/Oct.  The list was right at that time though.  Just how the exit dates work.  There's even some discrepancies direct from Lego and the upcoming store planograms at the end of the year which is amusing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

.if this list is remotely close to factual...there are some great hidden gems in there! Time will tell....the list seems a little too inclusive to me

I was surprised to see 10780 retire mid-year.  The minifigs sell for more than the street price.  I think that I'll take a chance with that one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EctoG63AMG said:

Brick Fanatics is the National Enquirer of the Lego world. I take everything with a grain of salt that they put out as they’re often way off target with their “forecasts” and made up sources. 

They're getting their info straight from the source.  

2 hours ago, odysea11 said:

I never show my hand...I just know that if you think outside of the box...there will be money to be made on a number of these sets.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't think you need to think outside the box. The likely winners seem fairly obvious. The real problem is having enough money to hold a nice supply! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Is the 2600 a dud? Thats a fast retirement. I think it's a cool set but I'm old 👴

I'll be shocked by Police Station. Maybe if they drag AS out another year. 

i just cannot see it going already. i want them all. ALL!

but then there only been 27 sales on ebay since november. (uk)

Edited by joneyyy1981

3 hours ago, Voltron said:

All in on 10291: ***** Eye?

It's actually a good set to part out - and I'd buy more if LEGO hadn't enforced such a ridiculously low limit.  There's a decent range of in-demand parts/colours and I've been surprised by the demand for the minifigures; definitely one to consider if you have a Bricklink store (especially if you can combine it with an offer or two!).

3 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

I don't think you need to think outside the box. The likely winners seem fairly obvious. The real problem is having enough money to hold a nice supply! 

Or getting enough supply, especially for exclusive set. 

Especially when nearest lego store is hours away😆

Edited by severalads