Retiring Soon - open speculation

9 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

it's considered an extended lines set so yes it can come back just like a seasonal set.  None of those ever have the exit dates as they have all pretty much shown up at later times.  Like bday cakes that were OOS for almost 6 months and then returned for another 2 years.  Or wedding set etc.

so in that sense i would be right saying before that it will come back.

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

we both might be right, only the time will tell. To add to my reasons before.. has anybody realized that BH Statue of Liberty is somewhat "off" the range.. ? LEGO stopped making BH licensed sets because the usage rights were probably a killer.. they started to make seasonal BHs.. to my opinion they were mostly losers.. at least you can see at EU SAH sites discount 30 per cent. If you need to discount something, I guess it is not selling great.. I also doubt that they would make these seasonal at the same (maybe) limited amount as Liberty.

I will take the liberty to speculate that LEGO dropped the licensed BHs because of the rights costs, tried something "untaxed" like seasonals.. it did not work.. so they are trying something new, perhaps getting an inspiration from well selling Architecture line.. and there are not so many great statutes around the world that you could create into BH..  i wont be suprised if Buddha or Mount Rushmore ARE next.. it would make a sense - iconic model, you do not have to undercut you earnings by paying some license fees to the movie studios.. 

a BHz series of inter-connecting Mt. Rushmore...LEGO Gold, Jerry!

• Like 2

In store was sold out yesterday, but they said their initial shipment was really low. They were unsure about getting a truck today because it was coming from Florida. I am confident in the Ghost returning but less so about lady liberty. We shall see, Lego did revert back to saying BHz WOULD be returning with a vengeance next year and should be included 3P licensed sets.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, isocleas said:

Is there a chance they'll just bring back Lady liberty each summer around Independence day? I don't know if there are any "4th of July" seasonal sets but maybe this fits. 

There is always a chance, but typically they would just make another seasonal set for it. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, Martae54 said:

Seems like Europe got shorted on the ghost. For now.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Lady Liberty is gone. HP, the Mice, Boba, Darth, they all had similar short one and done life spans.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

the common denominator for your list are licensed...LL is not tho...

21 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I guess it goes without saying, but I will say it...collecting the Lunar New Year sets seem to make a lot of sense...if the series last; a complete set would be pretty impressive display with the obvious asian collector's appeal

speaking of the new year's eve set, both Australia and NZ had it as well as the dragon dance marked as retired, pretty short run

30 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

your avatar suggests otherwise as it's a similar style?

I used that avatar just for the sake of it will bring good luck/fortune to the owner ? , I would've used a different one if there was a better lego representation