Retiring Soon - open speculation

4 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

Why not print the complete list and save time or just one theme at a time like say Minecraft or Creator 3 in 1.

Would be greatly appreciated by all.

I would be happy with the scraps that we get from those who have access to inside info about retirement dates.  That information is hard to come by and highly valuable for obvious reasons so it is not surprising that the lucky few are not champing at the bit to throw it out for all to see.  Although there is a good spirit of sharing on this board, there are limits.  

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Me as well...went quite deep on 21030 - but kind of light on the others, was planning to ramp up on those...not sure now.

Not saying he is wrong, but if a guy with no posting history makes a claim and you are getting nervous, you may have overdone it.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Not saying he is wrong, but if a guy with no posting history makes a claim and you are getting nervous, you may have overdone it.

lol - I'm being half-sarcastic. I still intend on going deep with both :) being that these are more genuinely investments for me, holding for bit is not a concern. As long as it doesn't become T1 or such...

On 8/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, LegoSteve said:

Lol. Nah. My goal right now is to own 1000 units of every set I buy and acquiring that number is just as difficult, if not more, than raising capital to purchase them. I need at least 2 years to find 1000 sets at a good price. The reason why I got London & NYC was because there wasnt enough U.S. Capitals at the $73ish price point. I can purchase 500 U.S. Capitals right now at $85 but that's a little high for me. I may have to do that if black Friday weekend doesn't have any good deals on this set.

I was never going to mention this topic here but since we're talking large numbers I may as well do it. My apologies for sharing this on the Retiring Soon thread.  If I were to ask you what the ideal number of units to own of a particular set if money wasn't an option, what would it be? I believe that number is 5000 units of just one set. "5000 units?! That's just ridiculous!" Not really when you think about it. I just don't sell online for myself. I sell to people who sell on Amazon, ebay, & people who ship tons of cargo to China. This isn't difficult to do either. It wasn't that long ago that I had no idea what I was doing and thought stacking 25 Santa's Workshop was an accomplishment. Even if you only sold on ebay, 5000 units should be the ultimate goal. If someone offered you 5000 of Fallingwater for $75 each would you not take it? Id do it in a heartbeat!

Wow, you’re running an entire business. How long have you been doing this? Can you make a living from it?

2 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Retiring soon!??
Mods!!
Where you at!!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

No, no, let’s watch others think that we are jealous of anything and everything they do/say plus pay fellow members a crazy 10% to buy lego? Wtf. 

And just for you, what set you want to know about? Yes, it will retire ;) 

10 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

And just for you, what set you want to know about? Yes, it will retire ;) 

Not unless it’s T1 lol, I thought I might retire in 20 years time before T1 ever does, however with yhe new large Creator Experts Vehicle set releases this year we could finally see the camper drive off into the sunset......maybe??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Castle said:

Not unless it’s T1 lol, I thought I might retire in 20 years time before T1 ever does, however with yhe new large Creator Experts Vehicle set releases this year we could finally see the camper drive off into the sunset......maybe??

the most ironic thing about the T1 potentially "retiring"...is that Volkswagon's BIG announcement to turn their disgraced company around is...

re-release of the T1 van image.thumb.jpeg.327bf5e343edabca0c819b3205ad6175.jpeg

what's old is new and new is old...rinse....repeat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the most ironic thing about the T1 potentially "retiring"...is that Volkswagon's BIG announcement to turn their disgraced company around is...

re-release of the T1 van image.thumb.jpeg.327bf5e343edabca0c819b3205ad6175.jpeg

what's old is new and new is old...rinse....repeat

T1 and tower bridge have to be the longest run in LEGO history, unfortunately I have a “few” of each awaiting retirement. I guess the licensing arrangements are the most profitable thing for VW.

That thing is fugly

FWIW - Met a knowledgeable lego enthusiast acquaintance today - only builds & trades in larger sets... predicted Robie House, Haunted House, and surprise Town Hall retirements accurately to me yrs ago.

Today said end of 2019 EOL will include 42056.  Sadly I own none but if rumor is true hope it helps someone else.