Retiring Soon - open speculation

25 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Destiny Bounty is making it's last stand at target (at rrp). Hoping this one takes off. 

Hoping the Price goes down? or Hoping the Value shoots up on the aftermarket?

I have a "Spare" . . .and with such an amazing looking set, no way it doesnt shoot up in value. May take a little bit for the Ninjago fans to come into some Birthday and Christmas money and come back and buy a "Retired Set" they didnt get from their "Stuck-Up" parents. LOL!! 

• Like 1

I have a "Spare" . . .and with such an amazing looking set, no way it doesnt shoot up in value. May take a little bit for the Ninjago fans to come into some Birthday and Christmas money and come back and buy a "Retired Set" they didnt get from their "Stuck-Up" parents. LOL!! 
Unfortunately, amazing looking sets aren't necessarily winners anymore, although pirate ships are generally solid.

49 minutes ago, Greanie said:

Ha hoping it goes up. If target clears it I'll grab some more of course. They never seem to do that though. I have seen target sit on so many sets at rrp long after amz and wm have cleared them out. 

1 hour ago, iriki said:

What about Winter Holiday Train 10254? Released in 2016 and still no signs of  retirement. Did I bet on the wrong horse ?

I guess so, the right horse was the station which retired. Let's see the prices around christmas...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dmind said:

I guess so, the right horse was the station which retired. Let's see the prices around christmas...

I am not sure that the station is retired.

1. it has too short production life - just 1 year. Although the train is on his 3rd year...

2. Its it absolutelly out of logic to retire the station before the train. For me the station was a reason to keep the train more than usual 2 years life - to allow people buying station + train together. Even if the station would bad selling numbers, its crazy to retire it just after 1 year, while there is a set fitting to it perfectly...

3. TLG often retires winter sets and that give them back in life before Xmas. Its happen for example to Winter Market - I remember buying it for 20% over RRP and then saw its resurrection next Xmas season...

The only thing making me nervous is that the train and 10263 are marked as "out of stock", while the station is "retired". But again, also Winter Market was marked "retired" whole year...

6 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I am not sure that the station is retired.

1. it has too short production life - just 1 year. Although the train is on his 3rd year...

2. Its it absolutelly out of logic to retire the station before the train. For me the station was a reason to keep the train more than usual 2 years life - to allow people buying station + train together. Even if the station would bad selling numbers, its crazy to retire it just after 1 year, while there is a set fitting to it perfectly...

3. TLG often retires winter sets and that give them back in life before Xmas. Its happen for example to Winter Market - I remember buying it for 20% over RRP and then saw its resurrection next Xmas season...

The only thing making me nervous is that the train and 10263 are marked as "out of stock", while the station is "retired". But again, also Winter Market was marked "retired" whole year...

image.thumb.png.7efda5a46820f5f86f2b9573c9091de0.png

Train made a great standalone set before the Station was released, and will continue to do so afterwards.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.7efda5a46820f5f86f2b9573c9091de0.png

Train made a great standalone set before the Station was released, and will continue to do so afterwards.

The problem is that absolute same words "retired product" was noticed for Winter Market, and then came back and was resurrected for next Xmas season... Unfortunatelly we cannot believe TLG when put "Retired" notice to a winter theme set - it doesnt always mean really retired... its a seasonal set, which they didnt hold during the year, so they "retire" it for several months... The problem is that they dont use same terminology - sometimes they notice "out of stock", sometimes "retired".

Edited by fantomas007

The problem is that absolute same words "retired product" was noticed for Winter Market, and then came back and was resurrected for next Xmas season... Unfortunatelly we cannot believe TLG when put "Retired" notice to a winter theme set - it doesnt always mean really retired... its a seasonal set, which they didnt hold during the year, so they "retire" it for several months... The problem is that they dont use same terminology - sometimes they notice "out of stock", sometimes "retired".

Winter Village Station is done...
put a fork in it...
SAH won't be getting more..

6 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Winter Village Station is done...
put a fork in it...
SAH won't be getting more..

It is done, We tend to see 2 x Winter sets live before the Autumn, one will retire this Winter as a new one will be released. My money is on 10254 going but then the station went out of sequence so not 100%.

Now is the interesting time of year when we start to watch (and debate) for which sets will go this year, I’m already saving for November but this year also picking up some good summer deals too.

Just wondering when does the annual riddle start??

• Like 1