Retiring Soon - open speculation

34 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

Nobody knows the retiring soon list at this moment, even good informed lego employee. I remember last year, there were several retiring lists till November, and no one was accurate.

that's just plain not true.  Looked back and last year everything was set by mid august...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kapliger said:

My first post...

I have multiple sources that the sets listed below will retire this year.

Got my information from:

LEGO Customer Service, a trustworthy guy who has worked with LEGO for 10 years, famous german LEGO blogs like Stonewars or Brickstory

10243 Parisian Restaurant

10254 WHT

21309 Apollo

70620 NC

21313 SIAB

76105 Hulkbuster

21314 TL

75181 Y-Wing

21311 Voltron

75222 CC

21315 Pop Up Book

80103 (already gone!)

Maybe:

71040 Disney Castle

The castle was marked to retire in July this year, but they changed it. No specific date given. Could retire this winter, I doubt it though.

Many other sets I listed are unlikely to retire in my opinion, like the Saturn V, but that's what !all! my sources told me! 

I can confirm the list you've got is correct, except for 71040 which is currently scheduled to retire on 31 Dec 2020.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

More of a riddle he dropped on us, but I assume he had a list.  He also mentioned the short Y-Wing lifespan back then.

some good riddles in there,  almost magical...   Sadly few of them got tagged retired and still are available today so not sure it really matters much anymore.  Same with some of the smaller sets that I didn't post about.  Unfortunately production is down to a science now and batches went very late last year and almost hit the market immediately unlike in years past where they would take a few weeks to hit.  If you follow it enough you can tell when they are getting replenished just by the big sites going oos briefly.  In the past you had a window of opportunity there.  Now that next batch can hit a week later.

• Like 1

Strange that none of these lists include Carousel and/or Assembly Square. I had heard these were both done but maybe it is just Parisian? And with the next fairground not due until “supposedly” until next summer perhaps Carousel makes it til then. All guesses of course and I am remarkably bad about guessing which will retire 

13 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Strange that none of these lists include Carousel and/or Assembly Square. I had heard these were both done but maybe it is just Parisian? And with the next fairground not due until “supposedly” until next summer perhaps Carousel makes it til then. All guesses of course and I am remarkably bad about guessing which will retire 

I don't actually think anyone here really knows what will happen in the next 5-6 months. Certain sets will retire as expected, a few will probably surprisingly disappear, and others will stick around. Happens every year.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Well, technically they weren't wrong. I mean, it will retire at some point, right? Right...? Guys...it will eventually retire, right? 

Something like that.. you have to wonder (ask yourself) how many "retards" are technically able to ask such a question - .like "once it will retire, right?".. I totally understand your sarcasm which was very well pointed out.

14 hours ago, Yellow Castle said:

Is CC really retiring so soon, such a poor seller? It looks better than AoH but then that not difficult.

How about Taj Mahal, is that a short re-release or in for the long run?

10256 is scheduled to retire on 31 Dec 2020

11 hours ago, t_mafia said:

10257 is scheduled to retire on 31 Dec 2020 and 10255 will be on 31 Dec 2021

10 hours ago, bricklues said:

80103 already gone?? How come? :)

80103 is scheduled to retire on 31 Dec 2019

• Like 3