Retiring Soon - open speculation

28 minutes ago, cladner said:

it's happened before but i agree with inference that it's a sign of eol.

it's been temporarily out of stock now for a couple of months on australian shop at home site which for me has been a decent prognostic.of eol.

usually large sets have been underperformers from investing perspective but given the rabid and wealthy nature of disney fans, this set may be the exception.

especially if it goes and stays gone.

Will ship in 15 days. Limit 5

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Will ship in 15 days. Limit 5

in north america. 

in australia, its been temporarily out of stock and unorderable going on more than 8 weeks.

if enough north american buyers get going, maybe it goes from backordered to temporarily out of stock.

harry potter, mickey and minnie mouse brickheadz going out of stock on australian website was the first sign of those going eol preceding any of the  "brickheadz are dead" rumors by weeks .  

of course in the last week many sets have come back from being TOOS in Oz so maybe this is just a fake out and the disney castle will come back soon and be here for years.

the btp will let us know when the time is right.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, cladner said:

in north america. 

in australia, its been temporarily out of stock and unorderable going on more than 8 weeks.

if enough north american buyers get going, maybe it goes from backordered to temporarily out of stock.

harry potter, mickey and minnie mouse brickheadz going out of stock on australian website was the first sign of those going eol preceding any of the  "brickheadz are dead" rumors by weeks .  

of course in the last week many sets have come back from being TOOS in Oz so maybe this is just a fake out and the disney castle will come back soon and be here for years.

It’s hard to say really. With the new Disney train coming out, you’d think they would wanna keep it in stock so people can pair it together. 

24 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

It’s hard to say really. With the new Disney train coming out, you’d think they would wanna keep it in stock so people can pair it together. 

Ha you should know better than that.  Like keeping a haunted house around for Halloween and keeping a holiday station for a holiday train.  Even though Amazon helped alleviate that.  

2 hours ago, cladner said:

in north america. 

btp? as in British Transport Police?

Any ideas on when Ninjago City is going? I was hoping it would be black fridayed at LEGO SaH and I might buy 2. Typically any set is a winner if you sell it on Amazon, except for Prince of Persia. Those sets are D E A D DEAD

49 minutes ago, Saruman said:

btp? as in British Transport Police?

big time players or people  - folks with special knowledge and/or large volume movers who will release knowledge to help trim retail stock at a time deemed appropriate by said big time person. 

i on the other hand am of course a very small time person who is perusing this thread instead of viewing the dominion from 30,000 feet 360 degrees, like the corvus laughing at us all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cladner said:

big time players or people  - folks with special knowledge and/or large volume movers who will release knowledge to help trim retail stock at a time deemed appropriate by said big time person. 

i on the other hand am of course a very small time person who is perusing this thread instead of viewing the dominion from 30,000 feet 360 degrees, like the corvus laughing at us all.

I am even smaller! I have only purchased about 50 sets in 2 years!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Doesn't this happen every summer? Big sets going to TOOS, or reduced limit just to have it come back in full force in the fall?

doesn't it depend on recent shelf life?

For example, the Harry Potter sets went TOOS, but came back over-flowing in the fall, but they were new sets

Maybe sets that have been around for over a year are past seasonal flux and when they go TOOS, that's a sign of the end 

Joker Manor was a similar case and is the shortest run D2C ever if I am not mistaken. Even that one lasted 13 months and this set has only just come out of SAH exclusive period, so it is a bit early to say.

I´d wager it goes next winter along with the better selling Movie sets but that some smaller non exclusive turds will go this winter.

Movie 1 had a few short run sets that did ok in the end.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, terrymc4677 said:

Just a tactic used to induce sales.

I can believe this.  I've taken pictures of "Retiring Soon" tags on sets at the LEGO store and other exclusives surrounding them have retired sooner.  You almost get the impression that the circle covers up the "er rather than later" remaining portion of the message.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shneebs said:

Voltron on 20% off at Walmart.ca right now... sign of end of life? Walmart Canada discounts have been a sign of retirement in the past... Would be a short run if true... 

Voltron was discounted to 100€ by amazon France a few months ago. Hopefully we will see this discount again. Assume it’s more a set for the US market...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Greanie said:

I picked it up for 20% off from an Amazon Flash Sale. Best i Have seen.

Picked them up for 45-55% off from Amazon France - best I've ever seen, and it happened 3 times (100, 90 and 100 euro) :).

After 1st time, you could sell them still for 140 euro. After 3rd time, people offer max 110, so have to keep some boxes a bit longer.

• Like 1