Retiring Soon - open speculation

8 minutes ago, beatpoppa said:

FWIW - Met a knowledgeable lego enthusiast acquaintance today - only builds & trades in larger sets... predicted Robie House, Haunted House, and surprise Town Hall retirements accurately to me yrs ago.

Today said end of 2019 EOL will include 42056.  Sadly I own none but if rumor is true hope it helps someone else. 

42056 is already retired, do you mean 42096?

On 8/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, beatpoppa said:

FWIW - Met a knowledgeable lego enthusiast acquaintance today - only builds & trades in larger sets... predicted Robie House, Haunted House, and surprise Town Hall retirements accurately to me yrs ago.

Today said end of 2019 EOL will include 42056.  Sadly I own none but if rumor is true hope it helps someone else. 

isn't it "practically" retired if OOS at LEGO Shop at Home for months and can't find at RRP anywhere mainstream?

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

isn't it "practically" retired if OOS at LEGO Shop at Home for months and can't find at RRP anywhere mainstream?

No.That has happened before with  T1, Pet Shop, Death Star and a number of other sets only for there to be multiple later production runs.

• Like 2

no, and Im amazed how many ppl think that the production is over - just a few thoughts why its not and will be back:

a) to design, create, advertise + all about any set, is not really cheap so you dont waste your effort at a set selling regularly around 10 USD ?
b) its an iconic US landmark - LEGO had to know that before they even contemplated the idea to make it real. Now its sold within a first week or so and you think that they just slap each other's back "great job! - we sold 100.000 units and made a profit cca 500.000 USD.. and that is something.. !"
c).. read the latest interim report for the first half year.. the earnings / profit is declining.. who in his sane mind in LEGO would not re-order a new production? Of sometihing that cost a lot to design and market.. does anybody really think that they do care about resellers / collectors?

look at the US Capitol.. its been there like forever..  and there still must be thousands in US to buy it otherwise the production would stop.. 

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

no, and Im amazed how many ppl think that the production is over - just a few thoughts why its not and will be back:

a) to design, create, advertise + all about any set, is not really cheap so you dont waste your effort at a set selling regularly around 10 USD ?
b) its an iconic US landmark - LEGO had to know that before they even contemplated the idea to make it real. Now its sold within a first week or so and you think that they just slap each other's back "great job! - we sold 100.000 units and made a profit cca 500.000 USD.. and that is something.. !"
c).. read the latest interim report for the first half year.. the earnings / profit is declining.. who in his sane mind in LEGO would not re-order a new production? Of sometihing that cost a lot to design and market.. does anybody really think that they do care about resellers / collectors?

look at the US Capitol.. its been there like forever..  and there still must be thousands in US to buy it otherwise the production would stop.. 

Not disagreeing with you, but my thoughts.

Lego constantly produces limited run sets (the promotional sets), so it is entirely reasonable that they will have a small production. They were around from June until recently so they had a fair run. 

And yes, they do care about collectors, otherwise they would release the sets that are at comic con to the general public.

That being said, would it surprise me if the set came back in a few months? No, it would not.

10 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Not disagreeing with you, but my thoughts.

Lego constantly produces limited run sets (the promotional sets), so it is entirely reasonable that they will have a small production. They were around from June until recently so they had a fair run. 

And yes, they do care about collectors, otherwise they would release the sets that are at comic con to the general public.

That being said, would it surprise me if the set came back in a few months? No, it would not.

we both might be right, only the time will tell. To add to my reasons before.. has anybody realized that BH Statue of Liberty is somewhat "off" the range.. ? LEGO stopped making BH licensed sets because the usage rights were probably a killer.. they started to make seasonal BHs.. to my opinion they were mostly losers.. at least you can see at EU SAH sites discount 30 per cent. If you need to discount something, I guess it is not selling great.. I also doubt that they would make these seasonal at the same (maybe) limited amount as Liberty.

I will take the liberty to speculate that LEGO dropped the licensed BHs because of the rights costs, tried something "untaxed" like seasonals.. it did not work.. so they are trying something new, perhaps getting an inspiration from well selling Architecture line.. and there are not so many great statutes around the world that you could create into BH..  i wont be suprised if Buddha or Mount Rushmore ARE next.. it would make a sense - iconic model, you do not have to undercut you earnings by paying some license fees to the movie studios.. 

Edited by crayxlp

it's considered an extended lines set so yes it can come back just like a seasonal set.  None of those ever have the exit dates as they have all pretty much shown up at later times.  Like bday cakes that were OOS for almost 6 months and then returned for another 2 years.  Or wedding set etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

it's considered an extended lines set so yes it can come back just like a seasonal set.  None of those ever have the exit dates as they have all pretty much shown up at later times.  Like bday cakes that were OOS for almost 6 months and then returned for another 2 years.  Or wedding set etc.

is that sort of like the statue of liberty poly bags that kept popping up at TRU or the chicken minifig at Target?

1 minute ago, vexxet said:

is that sort of like the statue of liberty poly bags that kept popping up at TRU or the chicken minifig at Target?

yes polybags and the minifigure box sets are also considered extended lines.   Those type items all come in separate from a regular set LEGO order.  

basically keychains, polys, promos, seasonals, magnets, and some other licensed stuff

• Like 2