Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, #1498 said:

Any update on the Louvre?

It seems retired from all the LEGO Shop at Home except the US one.

Is this a signal meaning it will come back?

Could be, the White House went "Retired Product" in the UK and came back for a short while soon afterwards.

3 hours ago, fantomas007 said:

a) you are right, design costs can be spread within large amount of sets. But there is something more behind each set - otherwise they wouldnt have been produced a remake of Winter Toy shop because of lack of time, although the designer said that he had ready a new winter model.

c) town hall had 2.5 years life, its much more than just 1 year. In normal world (i.e. technic, city) 2.5 year would be normal production time of the set. We are just accustomed, that normal period for a modular set is 5 years, so Town hall seemed to be alive too short.

I know we live in chaotic lego world with unexpected EOLs, remakes, etc. But at least something should signalize the retirement - out of stock warning throughout the biggest chains, SAH, etc, secret lists of retiring sets, etc. We see nothing about Assembly Square EOL.

What is more probable is:

1) changing the chain of retirement of modulars, i.e. finish Brick Bank instead of Cinema, because of bad selling numbers; or

2) killing 2 or 3 modulars in 1 year (i have been expecting this several years, since it is too much to have 5 modulars together on the shelves).

Thank you all for many inspirative comments, some of which didnt cross my mind before. This one in particular really intrigued me (store availability as one of the signs). We dont have any TRU stores overhere, being a small country (population cca 10 mil), which is like 15 % of UK or 3-4 % of US.

Here is the local situation: One of three major toy chains doesnt have it on stock for more than 2 months, second has only 1-2 pcs in the shop, the third (with more than 90 shops) has only 6 pcs in the total in the shops and undisclosed number on stock in the central warehouse. It might be just coinscidence, however one would expect that given the festive season they would re-stock in time for the Xmas.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Pretty much the full list of retiring sets up now at EU Sah. SOme mistakes like no beatles or orange x wing.

The Orange X-Wing should be going if Poe's going to be flying Black One instead. I'd be very surprised if the Yellow Submarine was going just yet as I've seen them sell out  very quickly at a much lower discount than Ecto-1 or Doctor Who - both of which are now paying me very well, thank you very much.

£5 says that the Yellow Submarine will overtake WALL-E with regards to proportion of RRP within a year of EOL - the biggest no brainer IDEAS set since the Mars Rover (S5 will be next!). I've gone in really big on the Yellow Submarine. I may as well as I get the perfect sized 310x230x110mm boxes for nothing!

Which Batcave is being released in 2018? Also I think The Silent Mary is retiring this year considering the Brickheadz are. I ordered 41593 and 41594(POTC Brickheadz) a while back and my 71042(Silent Mary) just shipped along with the Mini VW beetle and nutcracker. Of course Silent Mary could retire later because it is more expensive so it'll take longer to sale.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So, the 4 newest Brickheadz do indeed seem done -  incredible as they only just came out this month in Europe. Master Wu is already C2C.

I've tried to like Brickheadz, but don't so I'm selling my first wave of 10 as soon as I can recover RRP. I'm not surprised they're done - hideous things!

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

The orange one and the black one are the same model.. the other one is grey and blue

I know, I was messing with ya'll ;-) I've seen the movie, got the set and.... the T-shirt!

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

might want to check SAH...

Sah uk shows sold out. But yesterday we all got excited when 21309 showed as sold out.

There's a bug in Lego's automated messages. Quite often see items going sold out then back order the next day 

Edited by Fenix_2k1