Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Think the yellow sub will be like the dr who set retire early the next year after an xmas run.

Let's hope that YS gets some -60% blowouts like DW did ;-)

4 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

... what happened to my special (presumably) The Last One (".. that I can see on stock, block it in the warehouse and 'make an order for you'...) .. ? 1f62d.png

Told you it was BS. Might have been the last from that batch but the next one of 50.000 will put that right.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

... what happened to my special (presumably) The Last One (".. that I can see on stock, block it in the warehouse and 'make an order for you'...) .. ? 1f62d.png

??? Was is told to you by a LEGO employee at S&H ???

I have called them today and got exactly the same answer...

Edited by mauro23

10 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

YES! And she was so nice anc cute on the phone!

Then the employees have got a directive from upper management to tell every potential buyer that the set is almost done (independent from the current supply state)...

or

The employees really see that only one set is avilable in storage location but it does not mirror the true warehouse state...

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Then the employees have got a directive from upper management to tell every potential buyer that the set is almost done (independent from the current supply state)...

or

The employees really see that only one set is avilable in storage location but it does not mirror the true warehouse state...

Well they are  hardly likely to say they have 20.000 in the warehouse, are they? Working hard for their Xmas bonuses.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Haay said:

Until yesterday this set didn't have the Retiring Soon label yet, but just now I noticed 21306 Yellow Submarine does now also have carry that label in LEGO Shop at Home EU:

5a26f8d0ced81_YellowSubmarineRetiringSoon.thumb.png.8ea100171e1f8557107c3e4617d3bd73.png

Good thing I ordered 10 for 39.99 each recently :D 

WOW! This will follow the success of Wall-E, I hope!

• Like 1

I dont share your enthusiasm..  my reasons why this sub wont beat Wallie:

a) Wall-E was truly greatly designed - like "alive" .. 
b  .. whoever / most of the ppl who saw that movie considered Wall-E cute thing - sub is really not CUTE
c) I cant somehow put together fans of LEGO and fans of Beetles.. true that many exist, but do they have more fans that some "cute" robot.. ? (which looks kinda like the one from 80's movie Short Circuit)

Edited by crayxlp
grammar

39 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I dont share your enthusiasm..  my reasons why this sub wont beat Wallie:

a) Wall-E was truly greatly designed - like "alive" .. 
b  .. whoever / most of the ppl who saw that movie considered Wall-E cute thing - sub is really not CUTE
c) I cant somehow put together fans of LEGO and fans of Beetles.. true that many exist, but do they have more fans that some "cute" robot.. ? (which looks kinda like the one from 80's movie Short Circuit)

Sorry, I dont agree.

1) Wall-E is nice set, but the movie is old and not legendary. It has some fans, but cannot compare with famous movies. Beatles fan base is much more stronger. Everybody knows Beatles. 

2) Wall-E can be built with standard bricks, Beatles not - you cannot replace 4 figs. If Beatles retired, there is no chance to have Beatles figs anymore. You can just build a submarine itself. 

But you never know :-)

• Like 1

this is a discussion forum and its totally inevitable (and normal) that ppl have difference of opinions. as for the fans base, question: I guess that most of the ppl born in 50's just loved Beetles.. can you imagine giving your folks "four exclusive Beetles minifigs" and expect them to look thrilled what a great collectors / reminder object to have? .. i just cant.. Beetles generation is now mostly in their 60+ and they just dont have much appreciation for stuff like this.. 

again, I could be wrong. So could you :)