Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

this is a discussion forum and its totally inevitable (and normal) that ppl have difference of opinions. as for the fans base, question: I guess that most of the ppl born in 50's just loved Beetles.. can you imagine giving your folks "four exclusive Beetles minifigs" and expect them to look thrilled what a great collectors / reminder object to have? .. i just cant.. Beetles generation is now mostly in their 60+ and they just dont have much appreciation for stuff like this.. 

again, I could be wrong. So could you :)

I think Lego/Beatles is niche for sure. We got my father-in-law the Beatles sub last Christmas and he built it and displayed it for a while, but really he's more interested in getting every single Beatles book and recording that gets released. But I can't imagine every die-hard Beatles fan doesn't already have one of these if they wanted it. Wall-E was popular with older millennials (like me) who enjoyed Lego as kids and now are having kids and watching Pixar movies with our kids and thinking, dang, I want that Lego Wall-E.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

this is a discussion forum and its totally inevitable (and normal) that ppl have difference of opinions. as for the fans base, question: I guess that most of the ppl born in 50's just loved Beetles.. can you imagine giving your folks "four exclusive Beetles minifigs" and expect them to look thrilled what a great collectors / reminder object to have? .. i just cant.. Beetles generation is now mostly in their 60+ and they just dont have much appreciation for stuff like this.. 

again, I could be wrong. So could you :)

I accept your opinion. I have just wanted to show that Beatles can have big potential and have some advantages in comparsion with WallE. Even the fans from Beatles age are old, they have still a lot of fans and it is a legend, maybe the biggest music legend. Its a Star Wars in pop music :-) WallE is just 1 movie from many similar. But the lego world has its own rules and even a bionicle or elves set can have bigger grow than a perfect AFOL set :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richiej1979 said:

Did you break even or lose out on Angry birds?

Smyths cleared out the castles for £30, when the buy in is low even turds can make money.

Hell i've even made money on the 1 and only Rebel Combat Frigate i've bought. That in itself is a miracle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, mtchrs said:

Australian site
Architecture Burj 2.0 went from retiring soon to retired in the space of a few days, didn’t even see it on backorder.
Not sure if other regions have this available.

I'm hoping that Burj v2 does well as it's had a short(ish) run and v1 actually did OK.

On 05/12/2017 at 11:32 PM, dcdfan said:

There will be little to no interest in The Beatles Yellow Submarine when it retires so there's no reason to continue to discuss it & certainly no reason to purchase any.

It will not perform anywhere near as well as the Exo Suit so move along please..... NEXT! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...