Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Fine. but even the Disney Castle and Tower Bridge shows max order limit 5 - Big Ben somehow only 2 . so its a slow seller?

It was on sale, dude. They lower the limit to avoid them going into the hands of reseller scum and they have a set number of units at sale price.

Just now, TLKC said:

And why does the deathstar got another msg?

No idea. Wait a few days and they´ll all be back to normal.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

The Tumbler is dire and I'm dumping mine as soon as I can clear RRP after fees and tax. No more Pooper Heroes for me!

I think the Super Heroes AFOLs are all about the minifigures.  Retiring soon on one of those sets should only excite if the minifigures in the set are a classic comic book version and very popular and unlikely to get done again soon.  Hence, I'll be interested to see how well the Sanctum Sanctorum performs.  Doctor Strange isn't a popular comic book (I only bought it when I had to because of crossover storylines); Strange is going to appear again; and the other figures in the set are virtual unknowns.

Edited by hockeyweasel

5 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

I think the Super Heroes AFOLs are all about the minifigures.  Retiring soon on one of those sets should only excite if the minifigures in the set are a classic comic book version and very popular and unlikely to get done again soon.  Hence, I'll be interested to see how well the Sanctum Sanctorum performs.  Doctor Strange isn't a popular comic book (I only bought it when I had to because of crossover storylines); Strange is going to appear again; and the other figures in the set are virtual unknowns.

New Sanctum Santorum set being released next year.

Dumped my stock of the old one as soon as announced. They surprisingly sell quickly in UK and still got out with a small profit.

• Sad 1

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

New Sanctum Santorum set being released next year.

Dumped my stock of the old one as soon as announced. They surprisingly sell quickly in UK and still got out with a small profit.

I now avoid Super Heroes as there's no longer decent profit in it, even with a very low buy-in.

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I now avoid Super Heroes as there's no longer decent profit in it, even with a very low buy-in.

Hulkbuster, Ant Man and Avengers tower did well for me. And strangely Hydra Showdown is disappearing quickly every time I list one. Ok its only rrp but i bought at 75% off it shows there is some appetite for older sh sets. The sets that sell in the UK seem to be movie based not comic based.

Edited by Fenix_2k1

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Hulkbuster, Ant Man and Avengers tower did well for me. And strangely Hydra Showdown is disappearing quickly every time I list one. Ok its only rrp but i bought at 75% off it shows there is some appetite for older sh sets. The sets that sell in the UK seem to be movie based not comic based.

Same here.  Not huge in terms of actual £ profit, but in terms of profit margin, assuming a low buy-in, easy to hit 100% in less than a year and the good thing is that they are small, so easy to ship and costs are low.  They shift easy since parents have less issue dropping less than £50 for a set for little Timmy, whereas the higher value sets will only be for Xmas and Birthdays.  As others here have said, all about retail arbitrage and looking for those sets that will move quickly.  the 'Buy, put in loft for 3 years after EOL and then sell for huge profits' model is now dead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Czech website after midnight shows these out of stock:

70907 Batman Movie - Killer Croc Tail Gator
70915 Batman Movie- Two Face Double Demolition
42065 Technic - RC.. someting

but! 10253 Big Ben Out of Stock!

Don't say I did not tell you... :) Everything on Lego EU site which currently has 30% off will retire. With or without retiring soon tag.

42065 and 10253 are 20%, they will not retire.