Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Northern Italy is like a bermuda triangle for retired lego. It all goes there and only you bring it out!

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

@Simon74 has a team of snipers waiting - do you think he´s just going to let foreign reseller scum come onto his patch?

ah ah! My friend Fenix_2k1 can pick around Central Italy with no fear ;-) even North East and North West ;-)

Actually I do feel a bit alone here on the forum (Italy wise): I will welcome very much other members being active in sharing deals with each other. :-)

11 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

ah ah! My friend Fenix_2k1 can pick around Central Italy with no fear ;-) even North East and North West ;-)

Actually I do feel a bit alone here on the forum (Italy wise): I will welcome very much other members being active in sharing deals with each other. :-)

My dad lives near Sesto Calende at the bottom of Lago Maggiore. Italy is probably my favourite country to visit. Haven't spotted any Lego bargains while I've been over there though.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simon74 said:

Temple of Airjitsu is a difficult bet in Europe. I have seen many in physical stores in Northern Italy. How about The Netherlands? Have you seen them around in stores?

Don't see it in stores that much. But do not visit stores a lot recently. 

I like the site, especially in combination with NinjagoCity (great set!).

• Thanks 1

Had a quick browse through the January to June catalogue. All the lines that were on the German retirement list are not in the catalogue (e.g. Krennic's Shuttle, Iron Golem), so Lego must have done an U-turn late last year after these were printed. 75172 has nearly half a page so clearly not going any time soon.   

Edited by Villager Chris

10 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Any guesses as to when the current Speed Champions range might retire, stock seems to be pretty low in most retailers I've seen and on Amazon.

Series 3 only came out in March 2017,  so expect EOL in December 2018. Ferrari set went early but is an outlier.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Palace Cinema and ToA still not looking like retiring soon on EU SAH. I wonder if they will get marked down?

I still hope for it, I mean, they did it today with AoH, why not with ToA... I would go full in for ToA as I did with SH, Village and AoH today... Easy money at all.

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Palace Cinema and ToA still not looking like retiring soon on EU SAH. I wonder if they will get marked down?

I noticed this today too, reckon they will drop soon.

I also noticed 60098, 75098 and 42043 must have come back to life today (briefly) and 40% off but must have been handful as out of stock again (returns maybe?).

12 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

I noticed this today too, reckon they will drop soon.

I also noticed 60098, 75098 and 42043 must have come back to life today (briefly) and 40% off but must have been handful as out of stock again (returns maybe?).

42043 is now available for order on Czech / German website

On 12/31/2017 at 8:33 AM, Val-E said:

Why would Lego restart production of retired sets after the holidays (if there are any collective ones) when they  already told their main customers (wholesale catalogue) that these items were no longer available to order and when their main duty is to make the new 2018 sets and get them into shops ASAP?

Because work experience boy was in charge of the web site that day?

Anybody else wonders where the hell did LEGO dig up these three buildables that retired in mid September.. ?? (in conjuction with the talks why would they start producing retired sets after a New Years Eve)..

its been three months.. quite a lot of time to relist possible returns

75114 First Order Stormtrooper
75121 Imperial Death Trooper
75524 Chirrut Imwe