Retiring Soon - open speculation

I think the May the fourth event will be telling for Ewok Village.  If a UCS hoth echo base does appear, as rumored then i'd expect the EV to slowly fade into oblivion over the next few months and then be replaced by the base in October.   Now, if they can just release a UCS cantina.

A fail? Pretty sure the b Wing ucs was my most profitable exclusive ever. Buy in was 100.00 with a freebie I sold for 20. Buy in not including Vip points was 80 bucks. Sold all for 239. B wing was an amazing investment. That price was available to everyone for a few weeks. The same people who speak about b wing not being a wise investment are likely the same ones saying lotr and hobbit arnt good. It's simple Math and requires one knowing what the cost to aquire was.

Sure, if you buy low enough, no set will ever be a bad investment.

But none the less, the B-Wing is a pretty poor appreciater for a UCS model.

Nonetheless I still speculate on Ewok retiring soon. If Hoth comes I don't see a justification for it because there are so many large SW sets now. DS is also a playset, so there would be 3 big playsets. Too much cannibalism. It is a fine set, but I feel it suffers from not being on the top of people's lists who are considering splurging on LEGO, since there are many substitutes among SW sets and topping it with a 3rd large set would be too much from a business point of view. 

And an additional info. Ewok in Hungary was multiple times discounted by 20-30% since fall while other exclusives were only occasionally and by no more than 10%. They are obviously having hardships selling their EV stocks compared to the other exclusives.

I think Benny is just about done. And it makes me sad, because I don't have any. Very cool looking retro spaceship though. Take away the goofy minifigs and you have a fun collectible for adults. Put them back and kids can go to town. It's a win-win, or would be if my Walmart had them for less than $99.99. I'm lucky if they don't mark Lego up.

SMLGS (Stuff* My Lego Guy Says): 

* My local LEGO guy said PS won't restock in-store. He says it's retired.

* He says X-wing is very likely to leave with the upcoming May the 4th.

* He says they'll probably sunset the Death Star soon with the release of another Death Star like set. Huge like the Ewok Village but "better."

I'm skeptical on the last 2 points. I think the Death Star is a risky "investment." They may just never get rid of it... What reason is there? It's central to the SW theme, people love it, and it sells like hotcakes. Unless they get rid of it with another Death Star, kind of defeating the purpose of investing in it. Unless the new one sucks...

Edited by Brickson

* He says they'll probably sunset the Death Star soon with the release of another Death Star like set. Huge like the Ewok Village but "better."

I'm skeptical on the last 2 points. I think the Death Star is a risky "investment." They may just never get rid of it... What reason is there? It's central to the SW theme, people love it, and it sells like hotcakes. Unless they get rid of it with another Death Star, kind of defeating the purpose of investing in it. Unless the new one sucks...

Thought this would be the UCS Hoth Set. So the SYLGS2U may be right? ;)

* My local LEGO guy said PS won't restock in-store. He says it's retired.

This guy have a good track record with predictions?

I agree with everything he told you.

New set will be the Hoth Base.

All speculation on my part but I think he is 100% on track.

I think lots of these guys are reading the same info sites as we do, it is not necessarily an insider information, especially regarding unreleased exclusives and retirement of sets like DS.

It's a game of telephone but with a closed feedback loop. Soon, we will quote the rumors we created.

That being said, I'm a disciple of Trek. He led me to the promised land filled with 7965 MFs.