Retiring Soon - open speculation

Any insight appreciated. What, if anything can be gleaned about what will go EOL soon by their absence from the catalog? Just noticed the 2014 Spring Catalog does not feature a single Hobbit or LOTR set. That and the fact that the big box stores around me have completely cleared these out has me wondering if it would be wise to stock up while I still can. Thanks!

I believe that LOTR is done - the reports from various toy fairs/expos didn't have anything LOTR and four (I think) placeholders for Hobbit sets this December.  That being said, just because it isn't being pushed in the catalog doesn't mean second wave (and even a couple first wave) sets won't stick around.  Around me most B&M stores don't have a lot of selection, but online availability should continue for some time.

• Like 2

I believe that LOTR is done - the reports from various toy fairs/expos didn't have anything LOTR and four (I think) placeholders for Hobbit sets this December. That being said, just because it isn't being pushed in the catalog doesn't mean second wave (and even a couple first wave) sets won't stick around. Around me most B&M stores don't have a lot of selection, but online availability should continue for some time.

Good point. Nothing LOTR at Toy Fair. I don't remember Hobbit display either.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest betsy805

My apologies if I'm the last person on earth to notice this, but just saw the 60005 fire boat is retired.  Still available at Walmart online though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

My apologies if I'm the last person on earth to notice this, but just saw the 60005 fire boat is retired.  Still available at Walmart online though.

Not at all, I wish I'd missed the damn things!  Don't bother buying them as I bought a 10 for

Guest TabbyBoy

Even the Fire Boat (7906) that EOL'd before this one is not doing as well as before.  I probably have no choice but to hold my panties. ;-)

I like wearing my panties much better.

I don't know, panties, once worn, tend to lose a lot of their resale value. Unless it's going to be worn by Shakira or something, you're probably better off keeping them mint in the package.

• Like 1

Just so long as people don't suddenly start preferring used LEGO to new, all will be well with the world...

Maybe you could increase the value of used Lego if you put them in your panties while you wore them. Might be limiting your buyer pool though. 

clearly you have never searched ebay for used panties or used socks.

And you have?  :blink: 

• 2 weeks later...