Retiring Soon - open speculation

Much like Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase, Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, etc. etc. are still showing "Sold Out."  It seems like there are a lot of these.  I think one of the worst cases is probably 9469 Gandalf Arrives.  That set has been completely out of stock everywhere for about four months.  The rest of the first wave is retired.  Why don't they just call it what it is?  Retired.  Same with 6864.  I'm sure people have found a couple here and there semi-recently, but that is another one that is long gone.  So why not retire it?  What is Lego playing at?  Lol.

Who knows what Lego is playing at? ....The Shadow knows! Mwahahahaha! Ahem, moving along. I don't get why they won't simply list those items as "Retired". I mean, they clearly are long gone for crying out loud. Course you know it's all a conspiracy. :secret:

There were a few on clearance half off for 19.99 at my target last month. Wonder if I should have grabbed one.

I keep asking my Series 9 Fortune Teller about it but she just sits there. :poke: Well, it is a decent build with a couple of rare pieces and general rule of thumb would be "it's hard to lose at half off". I was alright with getting the one for myself at $17 but wouldn't care to get another.

I will probably regret not getting Ghost Train, but it seems so non-appealing on many different levels.

come on, you know you want to moc up a ghost trains monorail that stops off at the haunted house and vampyres castle for halloween, in fact put it outside for everyone to enjoy, and let me know your address so i know where i can fill my goody bag come halloween ;)

• Like 3

no good minifigs, doesn't come with a track, isn't motorized. 

not many lego train sets come with track or the PF pieces.

i agree, the minifig selection could have been better. despite the ghosts, it is a fun set.  kids love it and the locomotive can easily be modified to work with 9v.  the cars just require track wheels and some tinkering.

I do not build lego. I buy lego strictly as investments. If I ever wanted to build lego one of the firsts etc I'd want to build is the ghost train. Looks awsome. Great packaging. I don't see why this won't be 150.00 soon. I'm happy with that. I paid 52.00 after tax and su for all mine.

I could build you that motorized version for the right price ;)

Though others have said the Funhouse is dry go up its not where I am. I just got back room one of my trus. Had to exchange one of the fun houses I got as it had a hole in it. I counted 37 Funhouses on the shelf. What I did find odd was there was 1 batcave. There were easily over fifty a week ago. Means nothing. Just fun observations.

i picked up 4 more Funhouses from TRU ebay. I averaged $37 each after ebay bucks and tax.  i'm done.  10 sealed and 1 set sticked away for selling in late 2015 / early 2016,  now just hoping we don't have another ****.quinn minifig

Yeah I decided to not return the last two I got for $32 each. I just don't think the ceiling on this set is that high anymore. Maybe hit $85 or $90. BUt that would work.

Though others have said the Funhouse is dry go up its not where I am. I just got back room one of my trus. Had to exchange one of the fun houses I got as it had a hole in it. I counted 37 Funhouses on the shelf. What I did find odd was there was 1 batcave. There were easily over fifty a week ago. Means nothing. Just fun observations.

yeah, i expected this as many TRU retail stores have carried this set for $50+ before price matching.   Just too expensive.  inventory should start clearing up especially online.

SW 9494 was just BOGO 30% off at target Saturday wanted to get one just to build but couldn't find anything to pair it with. Now it is Retired at S@H and went from $40 to $55 at target online their exclusive.

Tie fighter not far behind?

I saw several at multiple Target stores yesterday, they rung up $27.98.