Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Guest TabbyBoy

Crypto is an even worse investment than LEGO Star Wars or Super Heroes. The €1700 "invested" is now worth €743 and has never gone above €1700 and I now doubt it ever will.

The crypto ship sailed in 2017, it's now game over. There's so many attempts at banning and regulation that prices will now likely freefall to zero. I cashed it all in a few weeks ago. I'd have lost over €50,000 if I held it until now, so I think myself lucky. I'm done with it until the governments and banks are done with it.

BTW... I'm very busy in my new venture so taking a break again. LEGO prices have dropped anyway so, no rush to sell.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

We have a date 1 month from now.

When our Cryptofolio drops to <€400, which it will. I may buy back after April once the Americans start paying Capital Gains Tax on profits. Crypto profit was so 2017 ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, RKI_Fismo said:

I guess that's what happens when crypto turns to cr@pto 

It's anybody's race. Crypto could still go down another 75% or go up 750% by the end of the year. I cashed in most of mine when it was high in end JAN and will buy it all back when it's lower, probably next month. I'm buying myself a nice toy with the change ;-)

We just need to put an end to all the government/bank FUD.

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, sauromosis said:

There will be another bubble, could be end of this year or could be in 3 years.  With hindsight it's easy to kick myself about last year and the December peak but I've gotten over it.

It's this year and is deflating now. There are simply to many "investors" involved with weak hands and too many useless/pointless tokens out there. I reckon there'll be <100 remaining by 2019. Widespread adoption won't happen, banks and governments will make sure of it - they need to CONTROL us!

I think crypto will drop at least another 50% this year and 31DEC will be way down on 01JAN. If you've not bought in, I suggest staying well away for now, I sold all my ETH at €895, will buy back twice the quantity at €200 and enjoy what's left.

Day trading is the only way to profit now, but it takes balls.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 10:03 AM, TabbyBoy said:

It's this year and is deflating now. There are simply to many "investors" involved with weak hands and too many useless/pointless tokens out there. I reckon there'll be <100 remaining by 2019. Widespread adoption won't happen, banks and governments will make sure of it - they need to CONTROL us!

I think crypto will drop at least another 50% this year and 31DEC will be way down on 01JAN. If you've not bought in, I suggest staying well away for now, I sold all my ETH at €895, will buy back twice the quantity at €200 and enjoy what's left.

Day trading is the only way to profit now, but it takes balls.

Tomorrow is our quarterly review vs my Lego portfolio, remember?

April 6 was the day to buy. It's been going steadily up since that day. Of course I didn't buy at that day. :P It's always easy to look back and say: that was the deepest dip! 

But I've increased my NEO and VEN coins, and also bough some Stellar which is doing great as well.

9 minutes ago, Haay said:

April 6 was the day to buy. It's been going steadily up since that day. Of course I didn't buy at that day. :P It's always easy to look back and say: that was the deepest dip! 

But I've increased my NEO and VEN coins, and also bough some Stellar which is doing great as well.

With the new rules approved today, Euro investors have max 18 months to trade before losing anonymity.

15 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Very curious Val....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

So, my basket of Lego sets is currently worth €2137,44 compared to RRP €1700, a gain of €437,44 before fees and tax. My worst performing set was 31054 Blue Express. Bizarrely, 70366 Battle Suit Lance was one of my better performers!

Will be interesting to see how it compares to Tabby´s basket of cryptos.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

So, my basket of Lego sets is currently worth €2137,44 compared to RRP €1700, a gain of €437,44 before fees and tax. My worst performing set was 31054 Blue Express. Bizarrely, 70366 Battle Suit Lance was one of my better performers!

Will be interesting to see how it compares to Tabby´s basket of cryptos.

It compares favourably, but the fat lady isn't even getting dressed yet:

http://www.coinparator.com/89SrjN/

Those cryptos were selected as being the top 20 by market cap at the time. We all know that they've all nosedived. I now admit that LEGO is highly likely to win this contest and I think that crypto will fall even more and then 90% of all coins will disappear. Too many people involved now and too many sh1tcoins.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Those cryptos were selected as being the top 20 by market cap at the time. We all know that they've all nosedived. I now admit that LEGO is highly likely to win this contest and I think that crypto will fall even more and then 90% of all coins will disappear. Too many people involved now and too many sh1tcoins.

Wow. I guess that's just buying at time this started and hodling?

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Looks like the fat lady won´t have any clothes to put on and will be slimming down quite quickly due to losing all her savings to crypto currencies.

I must be living in a parallel universe.  I went through my inventory and current selling prices on eBay last night and most have stalled since January and some sets have lost value.

On the flip side my crypto investments are in the green and climbing like crazy. Even my horrible hodl positions from my early days in January are going green.

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I must be living in a parallel universe.  I went through my inventory and current selling prices on eBay last night and most have stalled since January and some sets have lost value.

On the flip side my crypto investments are in the green and climbing like crazy. Even my horrible hodl positions from my early days in January are going green.

Stats don´t lie, just gotta decide how and what to measure. Lego data is 90 data avg price on Amazon and Cryptos are measured since 21st Jan prices.

Especially Bitcoin Cash is climbing like crazy. But it's coming from a very deep low, so it needs to keep climbing a lot more to get my BCH back in the green again. :P  Same holds true for ETH, NEO and VEN which I all bought early this year, before the Big Drop

Last week I bought some Stellar, which has doing great since. :) 

26 minutes ago, Haay said:

Especially Bitcoin Cash is climbing like crazy. But it's coming from a very deep low, so it needs to keep climbing a lot more to get my BCH back in the green again. :P  Same holds true for ETH, NEO and VEN which I all bought early this year, before the Big Drop

I like the way that BAX is performing.. when they were listed on Bancor (as the first exchange) like 6 weeks ago, they ranked around 1350th place.. and now they jumped to 300+ and the price went up 3x since the initial presale

18 minutes ago, Haay said:

I missed out on some big gains on Ethereum, EOS and Ripple on 6th April. I was ready to pull trigger on next small dip but the dip never came and I didn't know how far and how high they would go.

What's interesting at the moment is that Bitcoin is lagging. Usually Bitcoin rises dictate the market but the more options there are for purchasing crypto with fiat rather than having to convert to BTC or Eth first the more decoupled the prices will become. 

I'm interested in what happens to Ethereum price if they change the mining reward and increase algorithm complexity.