Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

42 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I like the way that BAX is performing.. when they were listed on Bancor (as the first exchange) like 6 weeks ago, they ranked around 1350th place.. and now they jumped to 300+ and the price went up 3x since the initial presale

What is the story with BAX?  Does it have a future?

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I must be living in a parallel universe.  I went through my inventory and current selling prices on eBay last night and most have stalled since January and some sets have lost value.

On the flip side my crypto investments are in the green and climbing like crazy. Even my horrible hodl positions from my early days in January are going green.

My crypto is doing OK also, I bought back my previous amount last week just before the current rally, and banked the difference. I used ETH as my baseline and I'll dump it all again the next time ETH reaches €800. There'll be more FUD and another crash, it's happened so many times before. 

1 hour ago, sauromosis said:

What is the story with BAX?  Does it have a future?

Its probably is like how many ppl you ask that many answers you get. I find it extremely legit. They aim from the start to get a standard, official banking license, now they have just some "lower" operating status as an institution that can make e-payments. But you can ask TabbyBoy.. he knows more from behind the scenes how likely is BABB going to achieve their goal in obtaining a solid banking license. and you might also want to check their twitter - twitter.com\getbabb

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
On 4/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, crayxlp said:

Its probably is like how many ppl you ask that many answers you get. I find it extremely legit. They aim from the start to get a standard, official banking license, now they have just some "lower" operating status as an institution that can make e-payments. But you can ask TabbyBoy.. he knows more from behind the scenes how likely is BABB going to achieve their goal in obtaining a solid banking license. and you might also want to check their twitter - twitter.com\getbabb

I'm suspicious of crypto banks - mainly because they don't exist! It's all in the hope of something that likely  won't happen. The most recent "scam" was Polybius (PLBT) where they're nowhere near getting a licence nearly a year on. Also their new CEO appears to be a fictional person with a well known name. PLBT really tanked since it's ICO and is slated to disappear soon. I lost £1000 to these bar stewards!

Ask ourselves... "Why doesn't a fiat bank that already has a licence do this?" That's because regulators are very unlikely to allow it.

Edited by TabbyBoy

11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm suspicious of crypto banks - mainly because they don't exist! It's all in the hope of something that likely  won't happen. The most recent "scam" was Polybius (PLBT) where they're nowhere near getting a licence nearly a year on. Also their new CEO appears to be a fictional person with a well known name. PLBT really tanked since it's ICO and is slated to disappear soon. I lost £1000 to these bar stewards!

Ask ourselves... "Why doesn't a fiat bank that already has a licence do this?" That's because regulators are very unlikely to allow it.

just to your last line (why the multilarge banks do not do that).. basically because they are so big that every major decision like this would take years to go through all the management levels, also the costs of changing the technologies would be mega huge. not mentioning that every single bank of this magnitude is quoted on a stock exchange and therefore would have to take also the stock holders reactions into a view.

compare it to a start-up with 20+ ppl and one director.. :)

• 1 month later...

I am still holding my coins. I shifted them around a bit though. I also bought 1ETH a few days ago (hoping for a quick flip). Everything turned quiet here because we are all just HODLing . I also got a Ledger to store my crypto in. I have to admit that I am/was having second thoughts about putting a nice chunk into crypto as opposed to my mutual fund, but I am going to hang on to them for a while yet. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I've been dumping it all as soon as it rises by 10% and then buy it all back when it drops by 5%. Day trading is the only way to make money now. I think the cryptosphere is now flooded by too many idiots and too many shitcoins. I think it will all tank further this year and 2018 will end A LOT lower than 2017. By 2019, only 2 or 3 will survive, over 99% have no purpose whatsoever.

I've got a small amount (10 BTC and 10 ETH) which I bought early on for under £500 on my Ledger Nano that will be kept for the long haul. It's quite grim out there, but it pays me a lot more than LEGO ever did.

I sold 25 ETH at €464 last night and hope to buy back at €435 within a week.

Did I say day trading? ?

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Rolling the coinage into Constractions.

I have a feeling some of the 2018 ones will do well post EOL (à la Bionicle final wave). A lot of shops have stopped ordering them after seeing how badly the earlier series sold and some of them are going to have quite short shelf lives.

Ok, there´s not many buyers out there either but the people that do will want the full collection and it´s much more manageable than trying to collect Brickheadz, where there seems to be a new one out every week.

At 0.001 BTC per unit. I´d be in for 3.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, hippielego said:

youre amazing

Thanks... It ain't rocket science as I bought my 25 ETH back yesterday at €390 which was predictable as soon as the Indian crackdown was public. A ver nice pay day. They are now poised to sell at €450 hopefully mid-week ?

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

Speculate to accumulate - simples! ?

It's not always a bed of roses as I've lost over £10,000 in a day before now. To be honest, I think it's now too late to invest in the established coins like BTC and ETH, you'all need to find something new and take a chance, I didn't have a clue about ETH when I bought it back in the early days for £7 - £13 each. For those of you that are moaning about the regular "crashes", just watch the news carefully, check trading volumes and day trade instead as it'll only take a few weeks to double your holdings. Be VERY careful with ICOs as there's even more scammers than on eBay!

I'm not wealthy, but it's made me enough to buy a new business and not have to be told what to do.

51 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Speculate to accumulate - simples! ?

It's not always a bed of roses as I've lost over £10,000 in a day before now. To be honest, I think it's now too late to invest in the established coins like BTC and ETH, you'all need to find something new and take a chance, I didn't have a clue about ETH when I bought it back in the early days for £7 - £13 each. For those of you that are moaning about the regular "crashes", just watch the news carefully, check trading volumes and day trade instead as it'll only take a few weeks to double your holdings. Be VERY careful with ICOs as there's even more scammers than on eBay!

I'm not wealthy, but it's made me enough to buy a new business and not have to be told what to do.

While this is a perk of owning your own business, you will soon figure out that owning your own business is a prison with no walls.  At some point, you will have to answer to employees or customers and kiss their asses for your own well being.  Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

While this is a perk of owning your own business, you will soon figure out that owning your own business is a prison with no walls.  At some point, you will have to answer to employees or customers and kiss their asses for your own well being.  Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown...

Heavy is the Head... 

1 minute ago, hippielego said:

you also can be normal about it all.  im not better than anyone, im worse.  but you'll never hear me talking in  such a way no matter how many  thousands of pounds Ir gain or lose in a day.  an A hole is an A hole.

I've learned long ago to let this sort of stuff go on the internet.  People can say whatever they want and there is very little one can do to verify the truth.  I have met a few wealthy people in my life and you would never really know they were wealthy.  They just don't talk about it.  What was funny though was that the really wealthy people knew how to listen and take interest in what "you" had to say.  But the key part was that they listened and learned and made others feel better about themselves.  

Maybe one day I can do this instead of talking too much...  

2 minutes ago, hippielego said:

Very true, I respectfully don't apologize :)  Kidding, I couldn't do what I do if it wasn't for this whole thing.  whatever im "tired"

I get mad at myself for being too lazy to even care about bitcoins.  I really should have paid attention, but I was too busy taking care of my "real" business.