Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

Well, I'm glad I only invested a tiny sum into XRP as my sole foray into cryptocurrencies. If I bail out now, I lose money so I'll just hold it until it rises again in a few months or so.  Remember: this is still SPECULATION and fraught with many risks.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, TANV said:

Well, I'm glad I only invested a tiny sum into XRP as my sole foray into cryptocurrencies. If I bail out now, I lose money so I'll just hold it until it rises again in a few months or so.  Remember: this is still SPECULATION and fraught with many risks.

Luckily I still made over 50x on XRP as I bought very early on even though it could've been 250x before the crash. I'll not touch XRP for the foreseeable as I think UK banks are very anti-Ripple right now as a lot are working on their own blockchain solutions.

Will it rise in a few months? I'm beginning to doubt it - maybe by Xmas? We need all this political and big-brother bullshite to stop before growth resumes.

$5500 BTC? I wouldn't be surprised to see it go even lower. People just won't buy if it's about to be banned or regulated in most countries.

I haven't sold my crypto holdings yet. I am buckled in for the Long haul . Everyone just needs to calm down! All this hysteria is ridiculous. I think the stock market sell off has something to do with this as well. If everyone stays cool headed and actually thinks about it, they don't need to sell all their Cryptos. 

Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, cladner said:

speaking of bubbles bursting (dow down $1200 1500)

Gold is down too in Dubai. There's no safe haven right now apart from Destinys Bounty and Saturn V ;-)

There are calls to HODL crypto, but why do that if I can sell and buy back lower a day or so after? If I held, I'd be 30% down today, but by bailing, I can buy back the same amount now and still cash in that 30% "profit". I've been doing this all along, but it's the first time I bailed completely. I had too much at stake for a huge crash like this which is far from over.

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

LEGO is better than stocks!!!

It is this week! ;-)

8 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

I haven't sold my crypto holdings yet. I am buckled in for the Long haul . Everyone just needs to calm down! All this hysteria is ridiculous. I think the stock market sell off has something to do with this as well. If everyone stays cool headed and actually thinks about it, they don't need to sell all their Cryptos. 

If everyone stayed cool headed it wouldn´t have got above 1 USD value in the first place.

Now that the net is being closed around being able to buy and cash them in, all that supposed added value and alternative to established currency talk goes out the window.

My Angry Birds sets might have been a terrible investment but at worst I can still build them or part the bricks out.

Edited by Val-E

8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

There are those that have weak hands and those that have a strong grip..... for too long! There's a time to bail and that was 3 days ago. It would seem impossible, but ETH is in a really sleep decline now. There is certainly panic selling going on right now and I can't blame them as they'll only lose more by holding. We could even reach the levels of a year ago, the drop is already beyond half way there!

Could ETH go below €450 this week? Very likely! €300 next week? Absolutely!

Remember that this is by far the biggest ever crash (and it IS a crash!) and it will take a very long time to reach the levels of yesterday let alone the all time highs. I think that it's basically game over now as the banks have really screwed us.

If anybody is planning in investing now..... DON'T.... you couldn't pick a worse time.

Lloyds in the UK banning crypto is the worst crypto news to hit us so far. HSBC are also banning it as they refused to credit my last €50K withdrawal from Kraken. Some UK banks now have a Black List of foreign banks linked to exchanges. However, I got my Santander EUR account to accept the credit. What's the point of amassing a huge cryptofolio if no bank will accept any withdrawal?

Seriously guys, the crackdown is getting serious. Try a test withdrawal to your bank ASAP in case they've also blocked deposits from exchange accounts.

As it stands now in the UK:

Lloyds... no credit card debit/credit allowed via ICO or exchange bank - VERY bad news!

HSBC... no credit card or current account debit/credit above £25K allowed (my main £ account).

Any bad news from US and EU banks?

A friend who works for the Financial Ombusdman Service says that all UK banks could soon not be accepting demands or payments from accounts held by exchanges. They say it's to tackle money laundering, but we all know that they want a piece of the action and to keep control. Only a tiny % of crypto transactions are used for illegal means, not enough for them to crack down like this.

If you can't "bank" your winnings, is there any point? You can't use eBay either as you have a 99% chance of being scammed AND paying chargeback fees.

I'm done with crypto for now. My main portfolio is now empty and I'll only be buying ETH back and only if it drops to below €250. I did say €425 earlier, but I think that'll be reached within hours, not days! I've kept my BP one going just in case, but I now expect it to be worthless by March.

Personal crypto speculation is over, we'll now have to use registered brokers and fund managers who will keep most of the profits!

Et tu, Brute?  .. Id like to correct you where you are mistaken - this is not the BIGGEST crash of Bitcoin in history .. if I take into calculation its real max cca 19.000 USD at the end of the last year, now its hovering around cca 1/3 .. see this chart below where its quite visible that it DID free-fell to like 1/4 in the past.. 

180206 Bitcoin 2013-2018.jpg

Lloyds... no credit card debit/credit allowed via ICO or exchange bank - VERY bad news!

- coin telegraph says that Lloyds banned only purchases made by CREDIT cards .. not debit cards. 

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Et tu, Brute?  .. Id like to correct you where you are mistaken - this is not the BIGGEST crash of Bitcoin in history .. if I take into calculation its real max cca 19.000 USD at the end of the last year, now its hovering around cca 1/3 .. see this chart below where its quite visible that it DID free-fell to like 1/4 in the past.. 

180206 Bitcoin 2013-2018.jpg

- coin telegraph says that Lloyds banned only purchases made by CREDIT cards .. not debit cards. 

Where did I say Debit Card? I meant debit as an opposite to credit ;-) BTW... I'm going by bottom line not graphs. More money has been wiped out than ever before. More people have lost more money than ever before. I'm calling it a crash in my book and a huge one at that.

From what I've seen overnight, I'd be gutted if I still held on as I'd be 65% down on 3 weeks ago. I expect 3-4 month lows this week. Crypto can't even stand up to a mere stock market glitch, confidence is now that low. This will take many, many months to recover (most alts won't) and I now think that only a handful of coins will survive this year.  People have borrowed huge sums and will now struggle to repay - serves them right IHMO.

It seems like I'm underestimating the carnage, ETH could well dip to below €100 now. I'd guess at a €75 low during this month. The flippenning won't happen this year either!

I'm hoping that all this scares away the casual investor with limited or borrowed funds and puts an end to dodgy ICOs and pump/dump ponzis.

Abandon Ship...

...Then climb back on board when the dust settles.

Why hold if you can sell now and buy it all back for >25% less in a few days? I took that chance, my best decision in a long time! My buy-back target has now dropped even lower as this thing ain't over yet.

BP cryptofolio hit a 70% loss earlier - LOL. LEGO will now win this!

BTW... ETH hit €450 today NOT this week! €275 tomorrow? ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Abandon Ship...

...Then climb back on board when the dust settles.

Why hold if you can sell now and buy it all back for >25% less in a few days? I took that chance, my best decision in a long time! My buy-back target has now dropped even lower as this thing ain't over yet.

Yeah, that does sound sensible. Except ... with my kind of luck (results from past experiences) the moment I sell all my alt-coins with the intention to buy them back tomorrow for less, the bottom has been reached at that moment and they're all moving up again. Which means I need to spend more money to buy back the same amount. :( 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Haay said:

Yeah, that does sound sensible. Except ... with my kind of luck (results from past experiences) the moment I sell all my alt-coins with the intention to buy them back tomorrow for less, the bottom has been reached at that moment and they're all moving up again. Which means I need to spend more money to buy back the same amount. :( 

The same has happened to me, but I wait for the next drop which is bound to come in the current climate. I've got ETH buy orders set at €400 and €300. If there's sustained growth soon, I can still make a good profit by buying back at €750. Riding the dips is difficult, but quite a buzz. However, it can all change and I'll see what happens tonight.

10 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Where did I say Debit Card? I meant debit as an opposite to credit ;-) BTW... I'm going by bottom line not graphs. More money has been wiped out than ever before. More people have lost more money than ever before. I'm calling it a crash in my book and a huge one at that.

Just to explain how I got to that credit/debit cards - this is what you wrote:

HSBC... no credit card or current account debit/credit above £25K allowed (my main £ account).

55 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

This cant be just real..  talk about bubble..

image.thumb.png.87c980d29303a2adc1449fad5d67a282.pngInsert other media

Well that's stupid. A bunch of people are going to lose their shirt on that deal-even worse than they currently have. It looks like it may have been a pump and dump coin. It's already coming down.... now at $65 or so.

Edited by bigboy61

2 hours ago, lodibricks said:

So far, it's been consistent that everything drops when I buy, or goes up right after I sell.

So, if any of you need it to go a certain direction, just let me know and I'll buy or sell something to change its course. :P

It's ok. That's about what would happen if I sold.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

Here we go...

Screenshot_2018-02-07-02-16-40-1-1.thumb.jpg.2544625dbef4238a54e9b03a92ffade9.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42958325

Sent from my SM-N900T using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

just read on cnbc.com that Dow Jones ended up 550 points compared to the morning's opening.. pretty obvious that oh-so-much-fiat-independent bitcoin is totally tied with the USD and stock exchange performance..